camp grounds near Avon Park Florida

thanks for the suggestions.  We are actually contemplating staying at Cypress Campground & RV resort, which would be about half way between FWC for our return trip on 11/16 and Mom's place.  If anyone has feedback on this campground it would be appreciated. 

I'm not familiar with the cypress campground, but we often stay at Highlands Hammock State Park and like it a lot.

No sewer hookups just a dump station when you leave. But there are several bath houses which are usually pretty clean. And no paved sites unless your disabled. And most sites require an extension cord to reach the power pedestal, but again we still enjoy our time there.

Once you put your dates in their websites you can pick which site you want. Post what site your considering and I can tell ya if we've stayed in it before or try to give you some feedback.

They also allow personal golf carts if you have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Plans changed and I was able to book us in at a campground through RVonthego which is located at the intersection of Route 192 and Route 27 a mere 6-10 miles outside of WDW.  This way we can still go to the parks without a lot of fuss or muss.  Thanks to all for your suggestions. 

Plans changed and I was able to book us in at a campground through RVonthego which is located at the intersection of Route 192 and Route 27 a mere 6-10 miles outside of WDW.  This way we can still go to the parks without a lot of fuss or muss.  Thanks to all for your suggestions. 

Let us know the name, and how the place is.

Also if they allow PUPS.

Travisma,

The place is called Lake Magic RV resort.  It is through the Encore group of campgrounds.  If you go to their web site, rvonthego.com, you can look up the campground and see the features.  I am not sure on the Pop up because it just asks for rv or rental on the reservation but there is contact information.  It would be worth a call.  They have three different campgrounds all in the Kissimmee/Clermont area.  This ones address is Clermont but when you map it, it sits right at the intersection of 192 and 27.  There is a Publics right across the street so we can do a restock on the groceries! 

Travisma,

The place is called Lake Magic RV resort.  It is through the Encore group of campgrounds.  If you go to their web site, rvonthego.com, you can look up the campground and see the features.  I am not sure on the Pop up because it just asks for rv or rental on the reservation but there is contact information.  It would be worth a call.  They have three different campgrounds all in the Kissimmee/Clermont area.  This ones address is Clermont but when you map it, it sits right at the intersection of 192 and 27.  There is a Publics right across the street so we can do a restock on the groceries! 

Thanks

We stayed there last summer for a week. I think it was in late June or early July. Simply put- the place was barren! Two pools and decent laundry and almost no one around.

I'm not sure about pop-ups, but there aren't trees. You could have a hard time keeping cool.

There are helicopter tours right outside of the gates.

And, look at the back route to get to WDW. You can avoid the mess that is 192 by going through Flamingo Crossings.

• 3 months later...

Reporting back on our stay at Lake Magic RV- loved it! We had a premium site, pull through site. The site was completely paved with an extra wide spot for the picnic table. There was a nice amount of room between the sites. We arrived an hour before check-in time but we were promptly give our site. Although there is not a great deal of vegetation between the sites there are trees at the park around the playgrounds, pools, and throughout various places. We were in the 600 area and were pleased that we could actually put out our awning and we didn't have bushes scratching the side of the side (unlike the first part of our stay at the fort). We were given a monthly recreation schedule at check-in and we enjoyed some of the activities. We found that the pools were well maintained and the water was glistening in them. Again, unlike what we found at the small pool at the fort. The location made for a quick and easy commute to the parks. We spent one day at Animal Kingdom and had no problems getting there in under twenty five minutes.

I checked when we left and they allow pop-ups. I did take photos but I have not put them on flicker yet. We definitely hope to return to Lake Magic. Oh, did I mention the price on our site per night including tax $45.00.