Very easy, and no you don't need butyl tape. The basics are you open your vent, drill 4 holes into the metal vent frame, attach the angle to the vent frame with supplied bolts and nuts and than attach cover to the angle with the other bolts and nuts. Voila, you are done. It took me about a 1/2 hour if that. BTW, I've also had mine off and on a couple times and its very easy. Directions are simple and self explanatory.

Best Regards,

Norm

David said buy the new Maxx Air and lay it on top of the trailer.  Then go inside and open the vent to make sure it opens fully with the Maxx Air in place.  If everything looks okay, take the screws out of the original fan and use the same screws through the Maxx Air.  The holes should line up.  He said you may have to clean off some rubberized sealant on top of the screws before you can remove them.

He also said if you can keep it covered or stored in an area that isn't prone to pine needles or leaves, the better.

A lot of T@B folks put that on. I can't cause then I can no longer get the T@B in my garage. But we don't use the fan much anyway. The only time it really gets used is when it's home in the garage and I'm working inside. Just to get a bit of airflow when vacuuming or cleaning. (Can't run the A/C in the garage cause it would drip water in the garage).

The nice thing about the Maxxair covers is you can leave your roof vents open, even in the rain. I never close mine. Helps keep condensation down, especially in storage.