When we were going through our camper search, we only found that had our dream bathroom.  It was our dream bathroom, because the thing had a HUGE shower.  It was insane.  Loved it.  But... the camper was too heavy for our TV (oh, the irony as we are now purchasing a new/stronger TV).  But, we did find a camper that fits our family really well and it has a door from the bathroom to the outside, which I really like.  What it did not have, when we purchased it, was a shower door.  It had a standard curtain, but I knew that would be more frustrating than helpful... so I searched out possible shower doors and through a series of phone calls, came across a VERY helpful man who works for a company that made a product I love.  Once the shower door and the new (Oxygenics) shower head was installed... oh my gosh, taking a shower is now actually possible!  Yay!!   :)    The shower door is great because at the top it bows out like the new shower curtains (so you have more elbow room) but at the sides and bottom, it's a typically shower door so the water stays in the shower! Love it!! I'll pass along the company info, in case anyone is interested in the product.  Cost was about $120 for our door and then we paid our local RV dealer $118 (1 hour shop rate) to install it.  I could have installed it, if I had the right saw.  I needed a saw to trim down a couple of the aluminium pieces; outside of that, the install is pretty basic. 

DSC_0040_zpsxof8l22g.jpg

DSC_0038_zpsdivtliwg.jpg

DSC_0030_zpsras938xl.jpg

DSC_0037_zps53uxhsqp.jpg

DSC_0034_zpseupvxdu7.jpg

DSC_0033_zpswgjb08wl.jpg

Fantastic. Ours came with this and I was curious who made it in case we needed a new curtain

Traico is your man.  He was GREAT to work with.  Such a huge, huge help.  

Seriously, I love this thing.  Have no idea why all campers don't come with one.  They are lightweight and (by RV standards) not expensive!    That and the shower head (thanks for the post on that, last year I think it was, Kelly :) )... best two new items yet!!

It looks great, but  how exactly did you decide what to order?  After googling the phone number I found this thread

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28388619/print/true.cfm

and see they must have different models as this looks different than what you have.

Something like this will hopefully make our bathroom more tolerable.  It was horrid before I added the oxygenics head.

It looks great, but  how exactly did you decide what to order?  After googling the phone number I found this thread

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28388619/print/true.cfm

and see they must have different models as this looks different than what you have.

Something like this will hopefully make our bathroom more tolerable.  It was horrid before I added the oxygenics head.

Oh gosh... that's great to see a thread commenting on Traico :)  Yep, I too ordered the Arcadia model.  My search was a little funny, in that it required several calls to several people.   What happened was:

- we were searching for campers and we saw one at a local RV dealership that was not the right fit for us, but it had this great shower door.

- a couple of months later, we found our camper but it didn't have a shower door

- I called the local RV dealership and they had no idea who made the shower, but (thankfully) I knew that we had saw the door in a Forest River Surveyor so....

- I called Forest River Corporate and went through 2 different people before one of them could tell me the name/number of who they buy the door from...

- Called that company and they only sold the product, but did not make it... a couple of people later there and found the name of who manufactured the door...

- Googled that (which is when I found a picture of my door and the name Arcadia) and finally found a contact for Traico

It was a search :)    But yep, it's Traico with SEA and the model is called the Arcadia.  Great product... could not be happier!!

Ours came with it too.  Viewfinder 28BHSS made by Cruiser RV. Actually, the same floorplan as yours, Nacole.

I would also recommend this setup for any who have just a straight rod curtain. Night and day difference.

I am more interested in the bars on the corner shelves. Where did you get them?

Ours came with it too.  Viewfinder 28BHSS made by Cruiser RV. Actually, the same floorplan as yours, Nacole.

I would also recommend this setup for any who have just a straight rod curtain. Night and day difference.

Sorry, I cannot tell you.  I purchased them at Camping World (gasp... I know, but they were free with a coupon that we had).  I called the two CW in our area and neither (claims) that they have them.  I know it was not made by Camco and they are simply this plastic tube (it bends, it is not firm) and the pkg included two suction cups.  I cut the tube to size and then used some "glue" (Loctite plastics bonding system) to secure the suction cups so they don't come off during travel.  I've googled, but cannot seem to find who makes that product.  If I find it, I'll post and let you know.

Ok, I have to ask. What is the big deal with the Oxygenics shower heads? I always read people changing them out, but no one ever says why. Thanks

Best Regards,

Norm

For us.. the biggest difference is water pressure.  You can actually rinse the shampoo off your skin and out of your hair!  Definitely worth the money!

We don't have this particular option, but we did swap out our straight curtain rod for one of the expanding ones like this...

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/Extend-A-Shower-Expanding-Shower-Rod-White-Finish/44143/&?&affiliateid=5193&gclid=CLGfw_-dzsYCFc6PHwoduwQDTQ

So nice to not be wrestling with the curtain!

For us.. the biggest difference is water pressure.  You can actually rinse the shampoo off your skin and out of your hair!  Definitely worth the money!

I really need to get one of these!!

• 1 year later...
On 7/9/2015 at 8:49 AM, jmaul said:

Finally found another package (at Camping World...yuck!).  Here's what those straps were (cut down to size and then glued on so they wouldn't come off).

IMG_4096_zpssv8x3bpe.jpg

7 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Finally found another package (at Camping World...yuck!).  Here's what those straps were (cut down to size and then glued on so they wouldn't come off).

IMG_4096_zpssv8x3bpe.jpg

Thanks for the prompt reply. Been looking for the last year and a half....B)

• 2 weeks later...