I am looking into booking a short beach trip for the end of this month. We would not be taking our camper. Looking somewhere between Pensacola and Panama City.

Here are some things so you can help us choose the area:

It will definetly be me, DH, DD14, DD13 and hopefully DS 19 and a friend of his.

We are not sit out on the beach all day folks.

We have never been to a beach in this area.

We would like to do as little driving as possible once we get there.

There are two state parks (that I know of) in that area, but they might be full:

Topsail Hill and Grayton Beach.  Topsail has a pool.  Both have beach access... so if you want to get your toes wet, you can.  Topsail has a trolley to the beach, Grayton does not... but you can walk or ride your bike to it.   

Yvonne, look into condo rentals around Destin.  I know you like Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg....and Destin is somewhat similar in that there are lots of touristy things to do and outlet shopping, and tons of restaurants to choose from.  I've never rented a condo there, but perhaps Google rental agencies, or even the suites hotels.  Also, try a search on vrbo.com.  

Yvonne, look into condo rentals around Destin. I know you like Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg....and Destin is somewhat similar in that there are lots of touristy things to do and outlet shopping, and tons of restaurants to choose from. I've never rented a condo there, but perhaps Google rental agencies, or even the suites hotels. Also, try a search on vrbo.com.

Thank you!

I have been searching VRBO.

I really like the Sandestin area. I also just stayed at Gulf Place in Santa Rosa Beach. Both have shopping and restaurants you can walk to. Sandestin has more of that, where Gulf Place is right across from the ocean, and my condo had an ocean view. I rented through vrbo.com. 

I really like the Sandestin area. I also just stayed at Gulf Place in Santa Rosa Beach. Both have shopping and restaurants you can walk to. Sandestin has more of that, where Gulf Place is right across from the ocean, and my condo had an ocean view. I rented through vrbo.com. 

Kelly,

How did you like Gulf Place, that's the one with the Pizza by the Sea right?  Just curious, it seems like a good area for a condo or beach house stay.

Thanks,

WBI

Kelly,

How did you like Gulf Place, that's the one with the Pizza by the Sea right?  Just curious, it seems like a good area for a condo or beach house stay.

Thanks,

WBI

Yes, it's the one with Pizza by the Sea. We were actually in that building and could just ride the elevator down a floor to go there. I really enjoyed it. The beach is more crowded than Topsail, but having restaurants we could walk to was great. 

We use just gotta go a lot for great deals. They are legit we have used them numerous times. Just google just gotta go hot specials. We use them regularly to stay at the resort on cocoa beach.

I'd never heard of this site and just looked at it. I'm bookmarking it. We often don't have a lot of lead time for trips and this looks perfect for that. Thanks!