Toy Story Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

On 8/30/2017 at 0:57 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

So, who thought it was a good idea to name the new spinner ride the Alien Swirling Saucers?

TCD

I can't decide if that is hilarious or unfortunate. 

On 8/31/2017 at 1:26 PM, Helmsey......Todd said:

And what would they call the people who have to clean that ride... wipers?

That is definitely hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe they'll retheme LMA in cooperation with HotWheels, then it would fit with Toy Story Land! And, at the threshold between TSL and Star Wars Land how about some human-sized Star Wars Lego kits? I'l

And what would they call the people who have to clean that ride... wipers?

This morning on Good Morning America they announced Toy Story Land will open on June 30th.  

from the Disney Parks Blog...

All in the Details: Imagineers Ready Slinky Dog Dash Ride Vehicle For Testing

Jennifer Fickley-Baker

by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

Earlier this month, we shared the exciting news that the first ride vehicle for Slinky Dog Dash, one of two major attractions planned for Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, has arrived at the park.

The ride vehicle, which is themed after the character of Slinky from “Toy Story,” took Imagineers from multiple disciplines a few years to design, so the group was thrilled to see the finished product arrive on the site firsthand. According to the Imagineers, the vehicle was created to reflect Slinky’s personality, the movement and motion of a Slinky toy, and of course Slinky’s adorable look which will be visible throughout the land as the coaster moves along the track.

“This is a ride for the whole family: it’s fun, it’s exciting, it’s thrilling, but it’s not scary,” said Imagineer Bob Vignec. “It’s a rollercoaster, but it’s also this fun character that will be out in the land. You sort of get a little bit of goosebumps seeing it here for the first time.”

Toy Story Land is set to open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in summer 2018. For more inside looks at this exciting expansion, be sure to check out the list of related stories below.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/09/all-in-the-details-imagineers-ready-slinky-dog-dash-ride-vehicle-for-testing/?CMP=SOC-DPFY17Q4wo0914170920170006A

Love this!  From Disney Parks Blog...

Toy Story Land Model & More Now on Display at Walt Disney Presents

Jennifer Fickley-Baker

by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

Today, Walt Disney Presents, a re-imagined version of the One Man’s Dream attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, officially opens its doors to offer a new look at the past, present and future of Disney Parks.

Toy Story Land Model

One of the exciting pieces of the “future” that Walt Disney Presents showcases is a model of the park’s Toy Story Land expansion, which will be on display for guests to view starting today.

The Toy Story Land expansion, which will open in Summer 2018, will shrink guests to the size of a toy and allow them to explore all the fun of Andy’s backyard, which as you can see in these images, has been delightfully filled with familiar toys and sights from the “Toy Story” films.

You can also see some of the charming detail our Imagineers have created for this new land and its two major attractions – Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers.

Toy Story Land Model

Toy Story Land Model Toy Story Land Model

The Slinky Dog Dash attraction will be a family coaster themed as if Andy used his Mega Coaster Play Kit to build the ultimate coaster for Slinky. The land’s other major attraction, Alien Swirling Saucers, has been designed as a toy play set that Andy got from Pizza Planet, in which Aliens are flying around in their toy flying saucers and trying to capture guests’ rocket toy vehicles with “The Claw.”

dhkjgkay48769444.jpg

But the Toy Story Land model isn’t the only exciting draw to Walt Disney Presents. Tracing Disney history from Walt Disney’s beginning sketches, photos and storyboards, the attraction celebrates milestones in Disney film and theme park history up through today and beyond. Expect to see models, maquettes, sketches, artist renderings, a portion of the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge model, concept art for the new Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction and more.

Walt Disney Presents will also continue to host greetings with characters like Star-Lord and baby Groot, plus special sneak previews of upcoming Disney films. Check you My Disney Experience app for the latest.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/09/toy-story-land-model-more-now-on-display-at-walt-disney-presents/?CMP=SOC-DPFY17Q4wo0914170920170008A

• 4 months later...
On 8/15/2015 at 10:23 PM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Toy Story Land announcement at D23 Expo 2015 - coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnWK510lerk&feature=youtu.be

Here we are closing in on 3 years since Kathy Magum told us how this new land would be on the same level as Carsland in California, and would add two unique rides to DHS, and yesterday the Disney Parks Blog shared new details about the Aliens Swirling Saucer ride:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/02/reimagining-the-future-of-disneys-hollywood-studios-first-look-at-toy-story-lands-alien-swirling-saucers/

As confirmed in the comments, this "unique" ride is simply a copy of the Mater's Junkyard Jamboree ride, but swapping out aliens for tractors. 

That's unique?

They made us wait 3 years for that?

I'm sure it will be a nice ride, but it is a slow loader and has low capacity. How's that going to work when the crowds descend?

TCD 

20 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Here we are closing in on 3 years since Kathy Magum told us how this new land would be on the same level as Carsland in California, and would add two unique rides to DHS, and yesterday the Disney Parks Blog shared new details about the Aliens Swirling Saucer ride:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/02/reimagining-the-future-of-disneys-hollywood-studios-first-look-at-toy-story-lands-alien-swirling-saucers/

As confirmed in the comments, this "unique" ride is simply a copy of the Mater's Junkyard Jamboree ride, but swapping out aliens for tractors. 

That's unique?

They made us wait 3 years for that?

I'm sure it will be a nice ride, but it is a slow loader and has low capacity. How's that going to work when the crowds descend?

TCD 

Hopefully they will have an AP sneak peek like Pandora.

15 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

This morning on Good Morning America they announced Toy Story Land will open on June 30th.

Official announcement on the Disney Parks Blog:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/02/toy-story-land-to-open-at-walt-disney-world-resort-june-30/

I think it's pretty crummy on Disney's part to open it when silver passes are blocked out.  Is that a calculated move to entice those passholders to upgrade?

TCD  

35 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Official announcement on the Disney Parks Blog:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/02/toy-story-land-to-open-at-walt-disney-world-resort-june-30/

I think it's pretty crummy on Disney's part to open it when silver passes are blocked out.  Is that a calculated move to entice those passholders to upgrade?

TCD  

No, they just don't want us cheap lowlifes around!

20 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I will be at a TA presentation on Toy Story Land in NYC tonight. See if we get any other new details. If I get any I can share I will be sure to bring them here. 

I'd be surprised if there's anything new to say- despite all the hype and a three year wait, all this is is two new rides (one of which is a copy of a California Adventure ride) and a walk-up quick serve restaurant. 

It would be great if there was something more. But I don't think there is. 

13 minutes ago, Travisma said:

No, they just don't want us cheap lowlifes around!

Exactly. That way they can sell those cheap "Discover Disney" passes to non-passholders, and surge price one day tickets to clueless visitors. They only need loyal passholders for the less busy times of the year. 

TCD

5 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I'd be surprised if there's anything new to say- despite all the hype and a three year wait, all this is is two new rides (one of which is a copy of a California Adventure ride) and a walk-up quick serve restaurant. 

It would be great if there was something more. But I don't think there is. 

Exactly. That way they can sell those cheap "Discover Disney" passes to non-passholders, and surge price one day tickets to clueless visitors. They only need loyal passholders for the less busy times of the year. 

TCD

But maybe they will get some neat swag.... oh wait, this is Disney, they don't need to give away anything.

They did mention they had 8 new songs written for this ride alone to add to the theming. Not saying this is the most awesome thing ever just sharing what I did learn about it. 

Also got to ride the Slinky Dog coaster in VR. It’s going to be a lot of fun. I don’t have an easy way to share pics with me but anyone on my Facebook or Instagram can feel free. 

8 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

So I see a pattern here, I mean look Pandora was just 2 rides and another restaurant........oh sorry a couple of rest rooms also