UPDATE!  Its Fixed

So if you have been following along, I had a tire clearance issue, i ordered the parts and those came in yesterday, along with the the second order of parts from FR

I purchased  the correct kit, and again FR sent the wrong kit!

Now the only thing outstanding is the Check from FR to cover the Parts i purchased

install was just under 1 hour, and then i did 2 road tests and decided with the lift kit installed i needed to flip the receiver as it was originally a 2 inch drop, now its a 1.XX something rise and everything sits exactly where i want it.

heres my 2007 Nissan Xterra and my 2016 FR rockwood 2516G

11990470_10101188691315205_6755516679655

The Before under the Dinette

11694837_10101144694769635_5332425935802

and now the After

10418421_10101188691434965_8229583279265

and the after on the step/ door side 

11960094_10101188691395045_6005873171661

You are not going to believe this.... The battery is shot!

Ugh, off to interstate battery for a warranty replacement

As for why it came that way, it's FR design to be low profile for towing. When presented with evidence it was too low and had minimal clearance they wanted to do nothing.

A few well crafted letters to FR and parent company Berkshire Hathaway I got the intended results

Back to the battery, it was fine a week or 2 ago when we installed the fan and the volt meter,had the converter charge it for the few hours we worked on it. fridge was off as was everything else but the lp detector. Put it on a charger and it done.

Battery switch will be installed this week with new battery to rid me of any parasitic losses when not in use

Yup, parasitic drains can kill a battery in a matter of a few days. Cutoff switch is the best thing if you can't leave it plugged in. Also, if you leave it stored for an extended time over the winter, best to bring the battery home and put it on a trickle charger.

What's winter? I live south of the fort.... I'am putting on a marineco 701 switch, it will be here tomorrow and interstate battery will be open Tuesday so I hope to get the new battery then... Just in time for me to fly to Boston for work for the week.

Any issues with the step out the door now that it sits a little higher?

Looks good BTW :)

Honestly I cant tell you that just yet, after I put the spacer on I found the battery was dead, and well I didn't feel like cranking it open to see how the actual walk would feel

I can tell you my stock step has a 5.25 inch drop, so that makes it 8 inches from the door to the step, but now that its lifted the step to the ground has increased by 3 inches.

If i were to venture a guess, my door now sits 20 inches off the road vs 17

that means door to step with stock step is 8 inches, and then step to ground would be 12

they do make a single step that has a 7.25 drop and it would change it to be 10 inches from door to step, and then 10 inches from step to road.

the double step would give a total drop of 13.75 and would have ab out 7.2 inch rise for each step vs my 10 if i change to the lower drop single step

this could also be fixed with a portable step that i put on the ground, ala 2x10x20

Honestly I cant tell you that just yet, after I put the spacer on I found the battery was dead, and well I didn't feel like cranking it open to see how the actual walk would feel

I can tell you my stock step has a 5.25 inch drop, so that makes it 8 inches from the door to the step, but now that its lifted the step to the ground has increased by 3 inches.

If i were to venture a guess, my door now sits 20 inches off the road vs 17

that means door to step with stock step is 8 inches, and then step to ground would be 12

they do make a single step that has a 7.25 drop and it would change it to be 10 inches from door to step, and then 10 inches from step to road.

the double step would give a total drop of 13.75 and would have ab out 7.2 inch rise for each step vs my 10 if i change to the lower drop single step

this could also be fixed with a portable step that i put on the ground, ala 2x10x20

With my Coleman's single step, there was a significant drop from the floor to the step and it was giving my wife's knees problems.

I made a couple of 2x4 boxes with a plywood top that cut the first drop by 1/2, then one from the step to the ground.

Helps her quite a bit.

yea, that's what i am thinking, Ill make something either ouf ot PT lumber or Composite, ill try to size it so it fits next to the battery when not in use

I did it the cheap and quick way one Saturday morning before our Memorial Day trip.

I think I have pictures posted in the what have you done... thread

I rummaged around in the shed for any wood I could locate.

That's why one of the tops is two pieces of plywood instead of one.

I have a full sheet of plywood, but it's buried behind so much stuff it would've taken me 1/2 a day to get to it. :P