Just Ordered - 2016 Heartland Torque 321!

Well we finally found the unit we liked and got the price where we needed it to be!  Ordered it today, but now have to wait 6 - 8 weeks for it to be built and arrive!  :( Can't wait to get the new Toy Hauler. 

Now we just need to plan our next trip back to The Fort.  Also I will attempt to post pictures once we take ownership of the unit.

This will be our 1st 5th wheel trailer so any advice on moving from a 34' travel trailer to a 39' 5th wheel is greatly appreciated.

Well we finally found the unit we liked and got the price where we needed it to be!  Ordered it today, but now have to wait 6 - 8 weeks for it to be built and arrive!  :( Can't wait to get the new Toy Hauler. 

Now we just need to plan our next trip back to The Fort.  Also I will attempt to post pictures once we take ownership of the unit.

This will be our 1st 5th wheel trailer so any advice on moving from a 34' travel trailer to a 39' 5th wheel is greatly appreciated.

Congrats on the new 5th wheel. We just moved up from a 29 tt to a 40' fifth... Cannot really offer any advise but it is quite a joy to pull. Kinda feel like king of the road although none of the other royal road subjects seem to respect my "authority" and get out of our way. 

Happy trails. 

My experience is the 5er towing is more 'stable' then the bumper pull.  Of course, that depends on the truck as well, but I went from a 33' overall length TT to a lighter 29' 5er.  However, I hate backing up the 5er, especially into my driveway.  I pull 20'+ bumper pull enclosed car trailers a few times a week and can back those up almost with my eyes closed.  No problem with them going into my driveway either.  It was always one attempt and done with the old TT.  I'm always worried about popping out my back window even though I have a slider hitch (that doesn't work properly as designed because CW installed it in the wrong spot).  With the front end of that 5er you should  not have that problem because of the way the corners are tapered.

Congratulations!!  Looking forward to seeing pics and hopefully meeting you at the Fort... or a CG here in GA!   :)

Hoepfully we will meet in the future.  For GA campgrounds about the only ones we go to are Stone Mtn and McKinney.  Have been to Jekyll.  We hope to explore some other ones in the future.  Given our location in NW GA we go to Chattanooga and Pigeon Forge area the most.

Hoepfully we will meet in the future.  For GA campgrounds about the only ones we go to are Stone Mtn and McKinney.  Have been to Jekyll.  We hope to explore some other ones in the future.  Given our location in NW GA we go to Chattanooga and Pigeon Forge area the most.

Great!  We camp at Stone Mountain too!  Have trips planned for next weekend (9/25/15) and then again for Octoberfest (10/10/15).  Hopefully next year we'll be there at the same time!  Do you ever get a chance to camp up near Helen, GA?  We LOVE Riverbend in Hiawassee, Ga. 

Great!  We camp at Stone Mountain too!  Have trips planned for next weekend (9/25/15) and then again for Octoberfest (10/10/15).  Hopefully next year we'll be there at the same time!  Do you ever get a chance to camp up near Helen, GA?  We LOVE Riverbend in Hiawassee, Ga. 

Very good.  Our next trip there will be at Thanksgiving then maybe in February for Snow Mountain.  Enjoy Octoberfest.  Just curious is that the one in Stone Mountain or is this the Eggtoberfest in the park?  If it is Eggtoberfest enjoy.  We had a blast last year and got our first "Egg" there.  We have only camped near Helen once and stayed at Unicoi.  Not impressed.  I had to back up a steep hill and around a huge oak tree to park our camper.  Will check out Riverbend.  

Very good.  Our next trip there will be at Thanksgiving then maybe in February for Snow Mountain.  Enjoy Octoberfest.  Just curious is that the one in Stone Mountain or is this the Eggtoberfest in the park?  If it is Eggtoberfest enjoy.  We had a blast last year and got our first "Egg" there.  We have only camped near Helen once and stayed at Unicoi.  Not impressed.  I had to back up a steep hill and around a huge oak tree to park our camper.  Will check out Riverbend.  

Ohh.... haha, I just remembered that we too will be there for Thanksgiving! :)   I'll PM you and we'll see if we can get together.  Another Fiend (stockboys10) and his family will be there as well :)   

Sorry...I said Octoberfest, but meant Eggtoberfest.  Yes, this is the Eggtoberfest at Stone Mountain (I think in one of their large parking lots??).   Tom is really looking forward to it.  Don't think we'll buy an Egg, but we'll definitely eat several samples of items cooked on one  ;)

Ohh.... haha, I just remembered that we too will be there for Thanksgiving! :)   I'll PM you and we'll see if we can get together.  Another Fiend (stockboys10) and his family will be there as well :)   

Sorry...I said Octoberfest, but meant Eggtoberfest.  Yes, this is the Eggtoberfest at Stone Mountain (I think in one of their large parking lots??).   Tom is really looking forward to it.  Don't think we'll buy an Egg, but we'll definitely eat several samples of items cooked on one   ;)

Great.  We will be in site 88 from Wednesday - Sunday over Thanksgiving and will hopefully have our new 5th wheel by then.   Stop on by. 

Enjoy Eggtoberfest.  My only suggestion is to get there early as the crowds really build by the afternoon.  Also pace yourslef on eating.  That way you get to enjoy some breakfast items then the lunch items.  The coolest thing we saw where people carrying the little trays that go aroundyour thumb/hand.  That way you can carry a drink and also some food. 

Great.  We will be in site 88 from Wednesday - Sunday over Thanksgiving and will hopefully have our new 5th wheel by then.   Stop on by. 

Enjoy Eggtoberfest.  My only suggestion is to get there early as the crowds really build by the afternoon.  Also pace yourslef on eating.  That way you get to enjoy some breakfast items then the lunch items.  The coolest thing we saw where people carrying the little trays that go aroundyour thumb/hand.  That way you can carry a drink and also some food. 

Okay!  Sent you a PM with my cell number.  We're in site 333 and Adam and his family are somewhere around 400.  Hopefully we can coordinate a time for all of us to get together! :)

Okay!  Sent you a PM with my cell number.  We're in site 333 and Adam and his family are somewhere around 400.  Hopefully we can coordinate a time for all of us to get together! :)

Party! we are on site 400 for now, hope to find a site with a full hookup that we can swap too but for now we took whatever we would find. 

Sounds good to me.  As we get closer to that date I will touch base with you.

Party! we are on site 400 for now, hope to find a site with a full hookup that we can swap too but for now we took whatever we would find. 

Awesome!

• 2 weeks later...