Pictures of the insides of the remodeled Cabins

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Overall, I like everything they did.   But, one small critique- I don't like the fabric on the couch.  It's doesn't fit the wilderness theme.   Also, it looks like they ditched the coffee table, and t

Went by some cabins today and they were gutting the insides. We kind of snuck up and were interrupted just after I snapped this picture so I don't have anymore. They were working on two at one time.

Currently staying in the cabins, 2500 loop.  Not impressed with the remodel.  We have stayed in the cabins numerous times and have always been happy, but not this time. The new refrigerator has a

Wow.  Nice work, Jason.

I didn't even know they were redoing the interiors.

I am really surprised that they got rid of the murphy bed.  I assume that must be a sleeper sofa.

The kitchen looks so much better.

TCD

As far as I have found out yes on the sleeper sofa. Also the bed in the bedroom has been upgraded to a Queen. 2201-2244

Wow.  I just noticed that there is no more full sized oven.  I guess that's a convection/microwave there in the kitchen.

And it looks like there are only two burners on the cook top.

I guess that's plenty for a cabin, but it's a big change from the full sized ovens and stoves they used to have.

TCD

Correct on both. I havent been in one yet but someone commented about a big pantry being gone now too. However it looks like they added drawers where the Murphy bed was

Correct on both. I havent been in one yet but someone commented about a big pantry being gone now too. However it looks like they added drawers where the Murphy bed was

Oh, I didn't notice that pantry cabinet missing, but I see it is gone.

It looks like they have a bench over there next to the kitchen- that's where the TV used to be.

I'm sure there must be a TV in there somewhere.  But I don't see it.  Is that a flatscreen mounted to the wall where the murphy bed used to be?

TCD

Oh, I didn't notice that pantry cabinet missing, but I see it is gone.

It looks like they have a bench over there next to the kitchen- that's where the TV used to be.

I'm sure there must be a TV in there somewhere.  But I don't see it.  Is that a flatscreen mounted to the wall where the murphy bed used to be?

TCD

I think I see the corner of a tv sticking out past the lights over the kitchen table in the picture showing the couch and old murphy bed. 

Mounted on the wall over the drawers where the Murphy bed was.

As far as I have found out yes on the sleeper sofa. Also the bed in the bedroom has been upgraded to a Queen. 2201-2244

Good move on changing the bed to a queen... we were disappointed with that, the one time we stayed in the cabins (probably 7 years ago).

Hmmm.  Since we are cabin only dwellers, I am not sure I like the no end tables or coffee table.  That is where Jordan did her coloring.  I do like the queen bed.   I will miss the stove.  We used the oven so not sure we are going to like that.   I will report back in December if we get a rehabbed cabin.   

The bench next to the couch looks like the foot stool/sofa table, and there never were any end tables. We always used the childrens table for a end table.Will miss the pantry but it was always so deep that things were hard to find in it. I wish that they had some cabins with only a king sized bed in them but are looking foward to and new one in March. Thanks for posting the pictures I hope everyone will keep updating about the cabins. They are the only place we have stayed in at WDW for the last 12 years. We love the cabins and Fort Wilderness.

Wow! Those are really interesting!  I agree with the comment that the couch doesn't fit the wilderness theme, but overall I think the changes will be for the better.  Having a queen bed will be a big improvement.  I will definitely miss the oven though.  We are usually at the cabin with my dad's camper nearby, so we'll be able to cook there, but otherwise, losing the oven really takes away people's ability to cook real meals there, which I would think is one of the big benefits of staying there - not having to buy all meals in the parks.

Thanks for the pictures, Jason!

ETA - Does anyone know the timeline for the rest of the renovations?  We're hoping to return to the cabins this summer and would love to stay in one!

I think taking the pantry away was a mistake.

Looks like they moved the range, dishwasher, and microwave around, and if they cut back to 2 burners on the range that could be a problem.

only 2 burners now and the oven is gone. They have replaced the microwave with a Microwave/convection oven similar to those seen in some RV's now a days