Pictures of the insides of the remodeled Cabins

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Overall, I like everything they did.   But, one small critique- I don't like the fabric on the couch.  It's doesn't fit the wilderness theme.   Also, it looks like they ditched the coffee table, and t

Went by some cabins today and they were gutting the insides. We kind of snuck up and were interrupted just after I snapped this picture so I don't have anymore. They were working on two at one time.

Currently staying in the cabins, 2500 loop.  Not impressed with the remodel.  We have stayed in the cabins numerous times and have always been happy, but not this time. The new refrigerator has a

The pantry is gone, they needed room to reuse the coffee table/ bench next to the new sleeper sofa, the TV has been moved and mounted to the wall where the Murphy bed was

Because the oven is gone you did gain some space back that is missing due to the pantry being removed.

They then added more storage under the TV, effectively doubling what was once under the TV further compensating for the Pantry missing.

id say you lost 1/3 of the Pantry at the end of the day, lost 2 burners, and an oven

The pantry is gone, they needed room to reuse the coffee table/ bench next to the new sleeper sofa, the TV has been moved and mounted to the wall where the Murphy bed was

Because the oven is gone you did gain some space back that is missing due to the pantry being removed.

They then added more storage under the TV, effectively doubling what was once under the TV further compensating for the Pantry missing.

id say you lost 1/3 of the Pantry at the end of the day, lost 2 burners, and an oven

And even the oven isnt a complete loss as the Microwave is a convection oven as well. Smaller maybe but at least still available. 

There also used to be a small table and two kid sized chairs in the living area.  Those are MIA.

TCD

20151002_143446_zpstwb5e9nr.jpg

Went by some cabins today and they were gutting the insides. We kind of snuck up and were interrupted just after I snapped this picture so I don't have anymore. They were working on two at one time.

Be careful out there!

Disney doesn't like guests poking around behind the scenes.

That said- good job.

What cabin loop was this on?  Was the whole loop shut down?

TCD

I must be the minority that is VERY unhappy.  We loved the murphy bed because it was actually comfortable.  The pullout sofas are never good in our experience.  We actually slept adults in the murphy and adults in the bed in the bedroom.  Those days are gone I suppose.  Is this to push families to rent two cabins instead of just one?  Not good.  Also no oven!?  That ticks me off.  I liked the pantry as well.  The bathroom looks good and the look of the kitchen is nice but I am totally unhappy with the upgrade (downgrade).  The cabins were our favorite place to stay.  Nobody wants to sit on that green couch.  Looks like it should be at another resort.  I HATE messing with sofa beds...ugh.  Take off the cushions.  fold out the bed, go get linens.  Then you have to reverse all of that and deal with that again in the morning.  

The new kitchen and bathroom look nice BUT they broke the theming. Are they going to rename the Cabins?  The Contemporary Cabins is more in line with the look than Fort Wilderness Cabins.  I hate that .  I agree with TCD that couch is way out of place and will be a much bigger hassle to setup and teardown than the Murphy bed.  Why couldn't they do something like this with different colors. (We all know why) It is nice they are renovating just wish they could have stayed closer to the wilderness theming.  

murphy-bed-with-sofa.jpg

I am probably one of the only people to say this but I love sleeping on a pull out sofa. Surpisingly the countours and placement of the support is exactly perfect for my back. I sleep better on those than on any other bed. Well besides the bed I had on the Disney Fantasy. That was a phenomenal bed. 

I am probably one of the only people to say this but I love sleeping on a pull out sofa. Surpisingly the countours and placement of the support is exactly perfect for my back. I sleep better on those than on any other bed. Well besides the bed I had on the Disney Fantasy. That was a phenomenal bed. 

Did you sleep in a regular bed on the Fantasy or the drop down kid one? ;-)  I don't recall the Fantasy bed being bad or good.  I am one of the lucky people that can sleep on anything and with any kind of noise once I fall asleep.

Did you sleep in a regular bed on the Fantasy or the drop down kid one? ;-)  I don't recall the Fantasy bed being bad or good.  I am one of the lucky people that can sleep on anything and with any kind of noise once I fall asleep.

It was just me an my wife so we slept in the bed. I have chronic insomnia and issues sleeping. Every night I laid down to sleep on that cruise and the next thing I new it was morning. LOL I have dreams now about that sleep. just under 280 days till I have it again. 

It was just me an my wife so we slept in the bed. I have chronic insomnia and issues sleeping. Every night I laid down to sleep on that cruise and the next thing I new it was morning. LOL I have dreams now about that sleep. just under 280 days till I have it again. 

Well, that's good you have that to look forward to again.  Maybe you were exhausted from the day's events or the movement of the ship lulls you to sleep. I'm a night owl and have trouble getting to sleep, but once I do I'm dead to the world.  I think the Bonine I took every day on the Fantasy helped me get to sleep, even though it's supposedly "less drowsy than Dramamine".

Jason, thanks for reposting these from the other site.  I saw them there originally too.  Have to say, so very dissappointed in not having the oven anymore.  However, I never worked a convection/microwave before either.  Wondering how that's going to work out with cooking meals for 5 people!  We go next Spring.  185 days to go! :rolleyes: :yaysmilesa-smiley:

The only things I know about convection ovens are, they cook faster and I need to lower the temperature when I use the one at church for baking bread.  It browned the bread too fast before it had really finished baking.  Went from 375 to 325.  Never used a convection/micro wave oven before.  It looks smaller than a regular oven but probably will be OK, maybe not to roast a turkey :)  

Do the cabins come with a slow cooker/crock pot? That would be handy.