Pictures of the insides of the remodeled Cabins

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Overall, I like everything they did.   But, one small critique- I don't like the fabric on the couch.  It's doesn't fit the wilderness theme.   Also, it looks like they ditched the coffee table, and t

Went by some cabins today and they were gutting the insides. We kind of snuck up and were interrupted just after I snapped this picture so I don't have anymore. They were working on two at one time.

Currently staying in the cabins, 2500 loop.  Not impressed with the remodel.  We have stayed in the cabins numerous times and have always been happy, but not this time. The new refrigerator has a

Got this letter in the mail yesterday regarding our upcoming trip and the new microwave/convection ovens:

22962065176_518bc869fe_b.jpg

I guess the wild population of turkeys, the real ones not some of the guests, at the Fort doesn't have to worry where it will end for dinner on Thanksgiving day anymore.

Hams should be cooked on Big Green Eggs.

They work well for turkeys too.

Oh, boy...We are planning to do a ham!! Yikes, I hope we get the non-renovated cabins!!  Thanks for the heads-up and all the info on the new cabins!!

Per a fiend on the scene, the oven measures about 11 x 16 inside. Not sure about height. Might be OK for a ham, but that translates to about a 9x13 pan.

Got this letter in the mail yesterday regarding our upcoming trip and the new microwave/convection ovens:

22962065176_518bc869fe_b.jpg

I don't know what to think about this letter.

As far as I can recall, this is the only piece or correspondence allegedly written by Jose that does not include the term "rootin' tootin'."

I question its authenticity.

TCD

• 3 weeks later...

With thanks to parrothead7368 aka Norm for the heads up, here's a recent article with more photos on the cabin renovations...

http://yourfirstvisit.net/2015/12/16/the-refurbed-cabins-at-disneys-fort-wilderness-resort/

I'm not sure what the source of their info is, but there is one very interesting tidbit buried in here...

The hope is to complete the refurb in the rest of the Fort Wilderness Cabin loops, except 2100, by March 2016.

For the moment, loop 2100 is being held out of the refurb as Disney considers whether to leave this loop as cabins, convert it to campsites–perhaps pull through–or even try something more mysterious.

With thanks to parrothead7368 aka Norm for the heads up, here's a recent article with more photos on the cabin renovations...

http://yourfirstvisit.net/2015/12/16/the-refurbed-cabins-at-disneys-fort-wilderness-resort/

I'm not sure what the source of their info is, but there is one very interesting tidbit buried in here...

Fun fact:  this guy's literary partner and the co-author of his guide book is Josh Humphrey.  That's the same Josh from EasyWDW, aka GDF's boyfriend.

I'm not sure that them doing the 2100 loop last has any significance other than that was the last loop to be converted from the Wilderness Homes to the Wilderness Cabins.  I know this for a fact, because I used to be a Cabin Person, and we stayed in the Wilderness Homes/Cabins often.  While the conversion was happening, Disney had two separate categories for reserving these units, and the Wilderness Homes were cheaper than the Wilderness Cabins.  We have always been fans of the 2100 loop, so I always reserved a Wilderness Home (which we could often get for a Florida Resident's rate of $99 a night in the late '90's).

This all went fine until one trip when we arrived to find that the Wilderness Homes on 2100 had all been swapped out for Wilderness Cabins.  We still paid the Wilderness Home rate, and we have the claim to fame of being the first family to check in to the cabin we had for that weekend.  It was brand new, and really nice.  I would say that was in 1999-2000-ish.

So those cabins in 2100 are a year or more "newer" than the other cabins at the Fort.  I am not surprised to see that they will be the last to be refurbished.

TCD

However, having said that, loop 2100 WAS at one time a camping loop, and the hookups are still there. There is also a comfort station in 2100 loop, but that building has been converted to an "Engineering" building.

You know, that's a really good point.  And true.

Maybe there is some truth to them considering converting it back to a camping loop.  It's a small loop, though, and I don't see how they would be able to put pull-through sites in it, as the author speculates.

TCD