• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Antennas are being installed and wired. They are different from most, antennas on top and bottom.

Here's a picture of the WiFi equipment being installed on site 1422 a few minutes ago. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They've had Wi Fi in the cabins and at the Meadow for a long time! So yup, they have Wi Fi and met their Monday deadline!

Posted Images

Someone on another FB site said the Wi-Fi is working great, and that the cable internet has been turned off.  I'm not there, can't verify, just passing along something I read.

And someone over the weekend said the Wi-Fi kept dropping out, but they didn't say if it was the new service. They mentioned something about being close to a building so they might've meant getting bleed over from the Meadow or cabins.

• 4 weeks later...

I have an update on hardwired connections direct from Mo. 

I had asked Mo to check into this when she got chance while there this weekend. She asked at the Meadows Trading Post and apparently someone was given a modem 2 days ago because they were still kicking around. It would not however connect. Mo was told that when inquiries were made it was found when they turned on the wifi they turned off the hard line. They must have ran a whole new network for the wifi set up.

so short answer is no more modems or hard line connection to the internet. 

13 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I have an update on hardwired connections direct from Mo. 

I had asked Mo to check into this when she got chance while there this weekend. She asked at the Meadows Trading Post and apparently someone was given a modem 2 days ago because they were still kicking around. It would not however connect. Mo was told that when inquiries were made it was found when they turned on the wifi they turned off the hard line. They must have ran a whole new network for the wifi set up.

so short answer is no more modems or hard line connection to the internet. 

Odd that they would do that.  

Interesting jason. I would love to know the actual reason, but doubt we ever will. The two pipes don't seem to be mutually exclusive, but maybe maint cost might be prohibitive for hardline. The squirrels did a number on my Christmas lights. Lol

44 minutes ago, caveat lector said:

Interesting jason. I would love to know the actual reason, but doubt we ever will. The two pipes don't seem to be mutually exclusive, but maybe maint cost might be prohibitive for hardline. The squirrels did a number on my Christmas lights. Lol

Yeah I am sure we will never know. 

2 hours ago, keith_h said:

I suspect by dropping the cable modems they were able to lower their CATV costs by elimination of the provider having to manage the internet service. 

They have DIRECT as the cable provider and ATT is their WIFI provider which is all one company.