Disney and Duke Energy's new Solar farm near EPCOT

When I saw this yesterday, I meant to go back and look on Google Earth to see if I could visualize how big that Hidden (Intentional?) Mickey is going to be.

I used my very precise purple crayon to mark it on the map that was on the front page of the plans posted above.

It's due north of the Yacht and Beach Club.

I've marked the new Hidden Mickey, and circled Crescent Lake right below it, on the south of the Yacht and Beach Club.  That's the big lake that the boats between Epcot and DHS traverse, stopping at the Epcot area resorts.  It's a big lake.  And the new Hidden Mickey is about that size:

solar%20farm_zpsrsdwqe2m.jpg

I wonder how much a project like this costs?

TCD

• 3 months later...

Photo update from Blog Mickey...

Solar Farm Hidden Mickey takes shape

The solar farm near Epcot has taken a very familiar shape, as seen in the latest imagery from Nearmap.

EpcotSolarHiddenMickey

The road to the left of the solar panels is World Drive and guests entering from Epcot from the World Drive ramp will be able to see the panels. Unfortunately, the view from the ground won’t allow for viewing of this Hidden Mickey.

The solar farm is part of a land lease deal between Disney and Duke Energy.

http://blogmickey.com/2016/02/solar-farm-hidden-mickey-takes-shape/

I didn't pay a lot of attention to it, I just remember seeing where they were working on it from the road and the monorail. I think the last time I was on the monorail to epcot was on our Halloween trip. I have a horrible memory, can't remember if it was laid out yet or maybe they were just clearing still, I remember knowing they were putting in solar and that part of it was going to be a Mickey and for the life of me I can't remember how much was done that you could see from world drive at Christmas.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 0:35 PM, djsamuel said:

Definitely not from the road, just drove by there today.  You may be able to from the monorail, I haven't thought to look.

I don't think so.  I would put it in the same category as the power line pole down where I-4 and World Drive meet.  Not hidden, and just done for the purpose of incorporating the icon.  Still pretty nice though. :)