• 5 weeks later...

Not that particular site number but we were just at the fort Nov 8-12 and Nov 16 - 20. We were in the 200 loop for the first part of our trip and the vegetation between the sites was out of control. We were in site 216 and the bushes were on the side of the slide and we had enough room to put the steps of the travel trailer out and a foot of pavement from the steps before the vegetation took over. There was no way that we could have ever put out the awning. Good news is the second part of our trip they were out bright and early with the power pole saws trimming the vegetation around the 1100, 1200, and 1300 loops. So how far they have gotten with the clearing I do not know.

We rode through 200 a few times a few weeks ago and I noticed how bushy everything was. While nice for privacy, as you mentioned, problematic for putting out awnings and slides. 

We're always careful to make sure the slides aren't touching any branches or bushes, so that we don't make it too easy for the ants to make their way on over.  Overgrown bushes make that tough. Thankfully 300 was pretty good this recent trip.

Hopefully the grounds crew had 200 on their list ASAP.

Not that particular site number but we were just at the fort Nov 8-12 and Nov 16 - 20. We were in the 200 loop for the first part of our trip and the vegetation between the sites was out of control. We were in site 216 and the bushes were on the side of the slide and we had enough room to put the steps of the travel trailer out and a foot of pavement from the steps before the vegetation took over. There was no way that we could have ever put out the awning. Good news is the second part of our trip they were out bright and early with the power pole saws trimming the vegetation around the 1100, 1200, and 1300 loops. So how far they have gotten with the clearing I do not know.

That's funny, we checked into site 216 on November 15th.  I agree about the bushes needing trimming.  In addition, that cypress tree on the site is a MESS.  We had leaves falling everywhere, and since they are so light and needle like, they were everywhere in and out of the camper.  I'm still pulling them from my truck.

To the OP, site 210 is a nice site.  The back of the site will look towards the 300 loop and the road, but there is a pretty large distance between the loops.  You will also be fairly close to the comfort station.  If you have a large camper, you may have to be a bit cautious backing in since it can get tight, especially if there is a car/truck parked across the road.

Thanks. If anyone has any suggestions for sites to request in the 200/100 loops I'd be glad to hear them. We're heading down to the fort in may. And would like to find the "perfect" site. Something close to the CS but not where everyone is going through your site, some privacy, and easy access to the marina. Thanks again

Thanks. If anyone has any suggestions for sites to request in the 200/100 loops I'd be glad to hear them. We're heading down to the fort in may. And would like to find the "perfect" site. Something close to the CS but not where everyone is going through your site, some privacy, and easy access to the marina. Thanks again

Really, all of the sites on the 100 and 200 loops are nice, especially the ones on the outside.  They can be tight though if you have a large rig.  In the 200 loop, I would avoid site 236, since that is right next to the basketball court.  

• 2 years later...
20 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

30' should be fine.

Agree 100%.  I've watched people with the 40' fifth wheels have issues getting in as well as some of the large class As, especially on the inside of the loop.  Sometimes they end up driving off I presume to ask for another site.  At the same time, I've witnessed some amazing backing skills bring a big rig right into a site.  Not a lot of room to spare, but they got in.  However you shouldn't have an issue at 30'.

• 2 weeks later...