Changes for Disney Kids clubs at Poly and Beach club starting Dec 1st

I finally get to contribe to the board.  New things at the kids clubs.

I just got a call from Disney about our Kids Club ressie for DD at the Sandcastle Club - Yatch and Beach Club.  

We have DD go here while we eat at Cape May Cafe and Yachtsman.  Disney has add some things about what they do with the kids, Drop off and hours,  and of course they changed the pricing.  We used this our last on property vacation in 2012 and liked it,  you had to make resservations and you booked a specific time to drop of and pick up with a 2 hr minimum.   In 2012 it was $11.50 an hour.  Which considering at home I pay $10 I was happy with the price.    They also fed her what ever she picked off of the kids menu when she was dropped off.    Not bad.  Mom and Dad had a nice peaceful dinner and she got to play with other kids.   It is in a big open room with a bunch of game systems and toys and they did some drawing and coloring.   It is for ages 3-12 as long as potty trained.  Hours are 4:30-11:55pm.  

As of December you still needed to get and prepay reservation.  It is now a drop off of any time during hours 4:30-11:55.  It is a flat rate of $55.  Wether the kid stays 1hr or the whole time.  If you are having a date night the cost isn't too bad.  Since I had booked this 6 months ago when we made dinner ressies I got it for a flat rate of $30 for the night.  They now say some time during the night a character may come in and they are planning to do a cooking type class for example which was not offered before.  

The kids club is overseen by an older adult woman and had a few of the college girls working in them.  My daughter had a great time and asked to go back this trip.

If you have any questions I havent thought of I will try and answer.  I grilled the castmember pretty good.

I have never used this but I'm interested because I imagine the kids would love it. Do you have to be staying on property to use? It seems that you do but I'm not certain.

My trip report from 2012 has a few pictures of the kids clubs.  NO planes, but trains and ambulances. has a few pictures.  The Wilderness lodge is page 5 post 85.   I don't seem to have one of the much larger sandcastle kids club.  I will look for the photos.