27 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Thanks for passing that along!

Very funny about your daughter... glad you beat her to it ;) :lol:    

Oh...and the $25 credit from Amazon, very nice!!

Credit is always nice.  They goofed up on an order for a laptop power supply.  One department didn't know what the other one was doing.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you do a Google search for Black Friday Instant Pots, the Wal-Mart ad that Jason and Big Kahuna reference comes up. But in the ad it says pre Black Friday shop now (lots of stores are selling

Of course not what I thought of when reading instant pot. Lol

You find that kind in the 3000 loop

Wow, that looks delicious. And amazing you could cook it all at once.  How big was the meatloaf (how much ground beef)? Also, what kind of potatoes and did you cut them up into smaller pieces?
Can you tell I want to try this!

One pound of ground beef. I used those fingerling sized potatoes. You can use larger and cut in quarters. I am going to adjust my meatloaf recipe because I make it real moist for the oven because I like it moist and tender(soak bread in cream and sauteed veggies with a bit of stock.) It wad super moist done in the ip, so I won't add stock anymore!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The IP is also great for hard boiled eggs.  I have done 20 at a time.  It is so fast because it only has to heat 1 cup of water.  High pres. for 4 mins natural release for 5 mins then quick release.  I pull the incert out, put in the sink and fill with cold water to stop the cooking.   But the best part is you will never peel an easier egg.  The shell just falls off.   Do not over cook or the eggs whites will be grey.  

10 hours ago, Memphis said:

The IP is also great for hard boiled eggs.  I have done 20 at a time.  It is so fast because it only has to heat 1 cup of water.  High pres. for 4 mins natural release for 5 mins then quick release.  I pull the incert out, put in the sink and fill with cold water to stop the cooking.   But the best part is you will never peel an easier egg.  The shell just falls off.   Do not over cook or the eggs whites will be grey.  

Thanks for sharing this!  I've heard it's a beast for eggs, but we don't eat a lot hard boiled...so I always wondered.  Do you know, if the time is the same even if you only cook 4 or 5?

21 hours ago, Travisma said:

My co-worker recently purchased an Instant Pot and has been experimenting with it.

His daughter in law made this soup (in her IP), and he got the recipe from her and made it last night.

He said it's addicting and you'll want to finish the entire pot by yourself.

Instant Pot Creamy Tortellini, Spinach and Chicken Soup--creamy tomato based soup with bites of tender chicken, cheesy tortellini and fresh bright green spinach. This version is made in the electric pressure cooker and is a quick and easy one pot meal. Everyone in my house loves this soup and I love making it for friends too. I've never heard a complaint when I've made this soup!

Instant Pot Creamy Tortellini, Spinach and Chicken Soup

• icon-clock-white.pngPrep Time: 15 minutes
  • icon-clock-white.pngCook Time: 15 minutes (plus time to come to pressure)
  • icon-clock-white.pngTotal Time: 30 minutes
  • icon-cutlery-white.pngYield: 8 servings
  • icon-folder-white.pngCategory: Soup
  • icon-squares-white.pngMethod: Instant Pot

Description

Creamy tomato based soup with bites of tender chicken, cheesy tortellini and fresh bright green spinach. This version is made in the electric pressure cooker and is a quick and easy one pot meal.

This makes plenty of servings. You can easily halve this recipe.

Ingredients

• 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1 medium yellow onion, diced
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 Tbsp dried basil
  • 2 Tbsp tomato paste
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes, with juices
  • 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs or chicken breasts* (I used half thighs and half breasts)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 4 cups frozen cheese tortellini (or you can use fresh)
  • 3 cups packed spinach (you can also use kale if you prefer)
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup half and half, warmed 

Instructions

1. Turn the Instant Pot on to the saute function, on the highest setting. Heat the oil in the bottom of the pot. Add in the diced onion and stir for a couple of minutes. Add in the garlic and stir until the onions are translucent, another couple of minutes.
  2. Add in the basil, tomato paste, chicken broth, tomatoes, chicken, salt and pepper. Give a quick stir. Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Press the manual pressure cook button and set the timer to 15 minutes (high pressure). Once the timer beeps let out the pressure by gently moving the valve to “venting.”
  3. Spoon the chicken out and place it on a cutting board. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and then add it back into the pot. Stir in the tortellini, spinach, Parmesan cheese, and half and half. Turn the IP to saute to heat up the tortellini quickly. Once the tortellini is warmed through ladle the soup into bowls and serve.

Notes

*If you use all chicken breasts you will only need to cook for 10 minutes instead of 15 minutes.

I used my 6 quart Instant Pot for this recipe.

If you’d like the slow cooker version of this recipe go here.

I'm going to try this one too! I love my Instant Pot. I get home from work and dump whatever in, then by the time my boys get home from their after school activities (and shower) it's usually ready to eat. As are they.

7 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Thanks for sharing this!  I've heard it's a beast for eggs, but we don't eat a lot hard boiled...so I always wondered.  Do you know, if the time is the same even if you only cook 4 or 5?

Yes time is the same.  I have done 2 to 20 with the same time.  You just need to watch the time for the natural release.  I got distracted one time and let them go 9 mins. before I did quick release and cold soak and the whites were grey.  They still tasted ok but the color was off.  

25 minutes ago, Memphis said:

Yes time is the same.  I have done 2 to 20 with the same time.  You just need to watch the time for the natural release.  I got distracted one time and let them go 9 mins. before I did quick release and cold soak and the whites were grey.  They still tasted ok but the color was off.  

Thank you!

On 12/17/2016 at 3:18 AM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Both these people have great recipes.  What I love, is how quick they cook and how tender they are...it's AWESOME!  The second (Flo Lum), she's great... she has a few instant pot youtube videos :)  

I'm glad I came across these. I may be trying them out one of these days.

DW and DD surprised me with the 6 qt Instant Pot for my B-Day yesterday.    

Im going to have to try a few of those recipes.  

A friend gave me his oatmeal recipe and I’m going to try it this weekend.  

A memeber of my men’s group at church gave me his yogurt recipe.  My DW eats yogurt every morning and I eat it about 3-5 mornings a week.  

So i think we will be having home made yogurt and oatmeal for breakfast Saturday.   

I’ll let y’all know how it turns out.  

Btw.  If you have any health, easy one pot recipes for my instant pot please send them my way.  

Christmas is coming, so you need to remedy that not having a smoker thing....  Get one for the family, you'll love it. 

I have an electric one that we use at the house and a portable one that stays in the camper.

5 minutes ago, Duane said:

Christmas is coming, so you need to remedy that not having a smoker thing....  Get one for the family, you'll love it. 

I have an electric one that we use at the house and a portable one that stays in the camper.

Smokers are great for weekends when you have plenty of time.

There's been many times when I started smoking at 9 or 10 pm the night before and have the meat ready at 4 or 5 the next afternoon.

Plus it adds great flavor to everything!

There are also things you can smoke and enjoy somewhat quickly... I have smoked chicken wings, small pork loins and boneless chicken breasts with great success.  As you already mentioned, if you are talking about a pork shoulder or boston butt, then clear your calendar as you're gonna be there a while.

I still want to try smoking a beef brisket, but just haven't pulled the trigger on that one yet.

We have a Wolfgang Puck Bistro electric pressure cooker.

It's similar to an IP, just a little smaller and not as many functions.

We got our oldest daughter an IP for her birthday, then recently got our youngest daughter an IP for Christmas (gave it to her 2 weeks ago).

Now my middle daughter wants one.  She figured her youngest sister wouldn't use the one we got her and she would take it, but she's cooked in it about 5 times already.

Hope Amazon or Kohls has a good deal again.

20 minutes ago, Duane said:

There are also things you can smoke and enjoy somewhat quickly... I have smoked chicken wings, small pork loins and boneless chicken breasts with great success.  As you already mentioned, if you are talking about a pork shoulder or boston butt, then clear your calendar as you're gonna be there a while.

I still want to try smoking a beef brisket, but just haven't pulled the trigger on that one yet.

I've only done a brisket a couple of times, due to the cost factor involved.

A couple of times I was able to get them at a reasonable price at GFS, but they huge so you are still looking at a $30 to $40 investment where a similar sized pork butt will cost you less than $20.

Another good outdoor cooker is The Big Easy® Oil-less Turkey Fryer Char-Broil®.  There is one or two threads about it.  It's much more than a turkey fryer.

4 hours ago, Travisma said:

I've only done a brisket a couple of times, due to the cost factor involved.

A couple of times I was able to get them at a reasonable price at GFS, but they huge so you are still looking at a $30 to $40 investment where a similar sized pork butt will cost you less than $20.

Another good outdoor cooker is The Big Easy® Oil-less Turkey Fryer Char-Broil®.  There is one or two threads about it.  It's much more than a turkey fryer.

I bought a Big Easy a few years back. I live it. 

I threw a meal together in about 30 minutes last night. I used frozen hamburger patties (I buy burger, make patties and freeze them) too make hamburger steaks and gravy. I used pot in pot to cook green beans with soy sauce and brown sugar at the same time. Then served it with riced cauliflower steamer bag done in the microwave!

0b37afef12aebcf49731abfb72352900.jpg

e11fe5fbeb7398556c98b7f36939bb97.jpg

e5bf52b3ef06378945459c7927a153c8.jpg

593dbc65fcc34bb06b273c728c38ed20.jpg

2 hours ago, PureTcrazy...rita said:

I threw a meal together in about 30 minutes last night. I used frozen hamburger patties (I buy burger, make patties and freeze them) too make hamburger steaks and gravy. I used pot in pot to cook green beans with soy sauce and brown sugar at the same time. Then served it with riced cauliflower steamer bag done in the microwave!

0b37afef12aebcf49731abfb72352900.jpg

e11fe5fbeb7398556c98b7f36939bb97.jpg

e5bf52b3ef06378945459c7927a153c8.jpg

593dbc65fcc34bb06b273c728c38ed20.jpg

My IP didn’t come with the extra pot or the “lime green” straps.   Did you have to order them separately or did you get them from that “other” forum?

LOL!!!

My IP didn’t come with the extra pot or the “lime green” straps.   Did you have to order them separately or did you get them from that “other” forum?
LOL!!!

Lol we did get them separate. The pan is one of two that stack together so you can do multiple things at three same time, like two cheesecakes or flans! The bands make it easier to lift things out of the pot.

32 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I made beef stew.   Browned the meat and onions and then addded all the rest of the ingredients. Set for 35 minutes and waited.  I was really surprised how tender the meat was in only 35 minutes.   Delicious!

The IP is the only way I make roast anymore.... it's amazing!

4 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Recipe?

1 T canola oil
2 lb chuck roast
1 large onion, sliced
1/2 cup beef broth
1 t dried thyme
4 tsp diced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1 beef bouillon cube

Set the IP on saute. Once it says hot, add the canola oil,  1/2 of the onions and garlic. Cut the roast into 2" slices. Liberally salt and pepper, then brown 5 minutes per side. Remove the roast and put on a plate. Turn off the saute function and add the beef broth, take a wooden spoon and scrap the onions/garlic off the bottom of the pot. Leave all that in the IP.

Add the roast, with 1/2 cup hot water (with the bouillon dissolved in there) more onions, more garlic and thyme.

Manual time 35 minutes for a 2 lb roast (37 minutes for 2.25 lbs).  NR.  Do not quick release...this will take a good 25 minutes.

I don't personally add carrots or potatoes however, I think if you wanted to, you would add them at the end of the 35 minutes, then set for another 2 minutes and let it NR.  I also use a lot of garlic, salt and pepper... don't really measure it, just shove it in there :rolleyes::lol: