Oh my ... Brian is even worse than David!  We don't use a tracker app, and I don't check in.  If he wants to know where I am, he calls me.

Well last trip he probably regretted saying "please text me every hour" when Nicole texted him at 2am!

The worry genes run strong in his family and I think he got a double dose. 

It was pretty funny when we pulled into the Fort and he texted "Welcome home!"

...and then Nicole called him a creepy stalker and we shut the app off.  :rofl2:

Well last trip he probably regretted saying "please text me every hour" when Nicole texted him at 2am!

The worry genes run strong in his family and I think he got a double dose. 

It was pretty funny when we pulled into the Fort and he texted "Welcome home!"

...and then Nicole called him a creepy stalker and we shut the app off.  :rofl2:

:rofl2:  Love it!

Dayle drives our class C. She starts in the morning because she's awake and I'm groggy. I'm still going at supper time, but we tend to camp about 3 or 4. Often, she gets 2 shifts and I only get 1.

One year we came back in a snow storm and she started driving before Detroit and went nearly 400 km (240 mi) because she was behind a big truck and didn't trust going off to change drivers -- home around 10:00 pm.

I get to park because she goes into the office, having more opions on things than I do. She now will pull out of a camp site in the morning.

Saw a British comedy Last of the Summer Wine last week where the wife loved going camping but hated coming back because she pamicked directing her husband to back the trailer into the driveway.

Not only has Dayle been driving longer than I have, but she tauht me to drive after we;d been married 2 years.

I finaly got my wife to tow a trailer, while it was not the popup, it was my brother small 4x7 cargo trailer. She admited it was not that bad at all but she didn't like the clacking sound from the loose drawbar and hte empty trailer.

So, next time we go camping she might try towing a part of the drive before the mountains. Her only condition is no backing up.

I can't get my DW to even try and we only have a small popup.  I just barely got her to drive our boat out in the gulf with nothing in sight.  She's great in the car or truck without the trailer but I don't think I'll ever get her to drive anything with a trailer or anything larger than an F-150.

I happen to prefer being behind the wheel when traveling.  I am much more relaxed when driving than sitting in the passenger seat.  This last trip to the Fort, however, DH hubby tortured me the whole trip by doing all of the driving.  Now, he is a good driver.  He has a commercial driver's license, drove bus.  It's just I have the control issues and it is hard for me to relax in a passenger seat.  One of the things that we looked for when purchasing our travel trailer was it had to have the torsion flex suspension or I wasn't buying it.  We have a cargo trailer with that suspension and I love how it just tracks you down the road.  None of this bouncing all over the place when you go over a bridge or hit a bump.  We left one RV dealership because the salesman was so condescending towards the thoughts of my driving the double cab 4x4 Tundra with a travel trailer that I decided he didn't need the commission from a sale.  They didn't have any torsion flex suspension rigs anyway.  

Now, can I back that bad boy up, not really.  I have and DH hubby has talked me right through it without a problem but I have never attempted to back it in a site before.  I really would like to learn because I am a horrendous ground guide.  I have depth perception problems to so be able to estimate for him distance to the hitch, well rolling eyes.  I have to also use driver's side and passenger side in my directions rather than left or right because I will invariably say it backwards.  What I really need is a week long practice session with my brother, a semi driver, who will be more patient with me with backing up the rig and then I think I would do fine.  Not that DH isn't a patient person, it is just I think I would be more relaxed with my brother at first.  I think both parties who own a rig should be experienced with driving it.  I know when we were kids my Dad and Stepmom had a pop up that they towed with her barracuda (years ago) and one trip dad decided to play on a motorcycle at the company picnic and dumped it.  He damaged his shoulder and my stepmom had to drive home from the Adirondacks and she was freaked out the whole way.   

I will never forget the support I got here when venturing out alone with the kids!  Granted it was only a 24 foot travel trailer but add the kids and dogs, it gets interesting!  Backing up is still difficult at the Fort and I will gladly let someone else take over!  I'll be traveling solo at the end of our January trip with all three kids and the dogs after running a half marathon the day before,  should be interesting!

For those that have problems backing up, borrow a car trailer and pratic with that. Being able to see over top makes it a lot easier to grasp what is going on. 

Many years ago I tried to back our empty boat trailer into my BIL's driveway.

I was backing from a very narrow road into a very narrow driveway.  After many attempts, I finally got the trailer in.

But then I had to back around a tree in the middle of the driveway.  My FIL was standing on the porch laughing at me nonstop.  (Not that he could have done any better.  I never saw him back up anything!  And did he offer to help?  Of course not!)

After 45 minutes I gave up.  I doubt I'll ever try again.

• 2 weeks later...

I really, really don't like towing anything!  My DH does all the driving all the time. Granted when we owned our first pop-up and then small TT I would tow - just so long as there was a rest area to pull into (no backing up, difficult parking etc.)  Our TT has grown to 31' and NO way will I even try to drive pulling that monster.  Now DH and I are looking into a Class A.... he'd really like me to learn to drive that... :huh: