The old Explorer TV is now available for sale. It has been a good car for 14 years and has been one of the better cars we've owned.  Just in time for Christmas this arrived today.

019a289f-8b91-4484-ae70-12d47729df2e_zps

It is going to take a bit of time to get used to the larger vehicle but I liked the way it rode on our first road trip. We got the 2.7L with a 3.73 rear end which is more than enough for our current trailer and should handle our next one as well.  It will also be nice not to have to worry if something major will break on a long trip like we are with the Explorer at its age. 

Thanks all.  As far as being on the good list this year it probably has more to do with the DW than me.

nice!  tell me how you like the 2.7, its on my list

Just for the day we've had it I will say it has much more zip than the 4.0L in the Explorer or the 3.0L in the Mazda B3000. We are hoping to get a trip in the week after Christmas so I should know how it pulls then. 

Thanks all.  As far as being on the good list this year it probably has more to do with the DW than me.

Just for the day we've had it I will say it has much more zip than the 4.0L in the Explorer or the 3.0L in the Mazda B3000. We are hoping to get a trip in the week after Christmas so I should know how it pulls then. 

Good to hear!  It comes in that Brown/ sand color and it would match my trailer perfectly.  Did you also get the pro- trailer backup assist?  it looks nifty if you did get it check it out

Good to hear!  It comes in that Brown/ sand color and it would match my trailer perfectly.  Did you also get the pro- trailer backup assist?  it looks nifty if you did get it check it out

Ours is a 2015 which is where Ford has their best deals at the moment. The backup assist didn't come out until the 2016 models. I don't think I would get it anyway. I am use to backing with my hands on the bottom of the wheel so the trailer always goes the direction I turn. At this point it would be counter intuitive to have the knob do the opposite.

• 2 weeks later...

What a gorgeous new truck!  Congratulations!  I am sure you are going to just love it! 

Hubby and I saw a Ford commercial recently talking about that back-up assist gadget.  I think that's an option I would have to pass on.  Like you, I've been backing trailers for a long time and have a pattern in my brain as to how it works.  The knob/program would really throw me off, I think, not to mention the psychological "I'm not in control" aspect.  My husband tells me I have some issues with "not in control"...,

Again, congrats on the new ride!