On our way down to the Fort; boondocking in Gainesville and it's chilly. If I leave the 7 way connected and the truck running (Tom will sit inside) will the fan from the furnace pull off the truck battery? I don't want to use the camper battery as we'll need that for the cpap later.

It will pull off the camper battery. But if the truck is running and the camper is plugged into the truck, the truck will be charging the camper battery at the same time.

Thanks. We ran it last night for an hour (with the truck on) and had no troubles.

Oh.... did have one question. This is the first time we've used our furnace, so I don't know if this is normal. Tom was outside and he said there was a strong propane smell. I went out and checked the tanks; they were fine. I then went to the furnace vent on the outside of the camper and that's where it was coming from. You could feel the air/exhaust coming out if the vent and the smell of propane was very, VERY strong.

Thoughts??

Oh.... did have one question. This is the first time we've used our furnace, so I don't know if this is normal. Tom was outside and he said there was a strong propane smell. I went out and checked the tanks; they were fine. I then went to the furnace vent on the outside of the camper and that's where it was coming from. You could feel the air/exhaust coming out if the vent and the smell of propane was very, VERY strong.

Thoughts??

A propane smell doesn't sound normal to me and might be incomplete combustion or a leak of some type. It did take a couple of uses when our furnace was new to burn off the various stuff used to build it but I  never went outside to see what it smelled like. You are still under warranty as I recall. It might be worthwhile to see if there is a mobile service company that handles warranty work and have them come by to give it a look over.

On our way down to the Fort; boondocking in Gainesville and it's chilly. If I leave the 7 way connected and the truck running (Tom will sit inside) will the fan from the furnace pull off the truck battery? I don't want to use the camper battery as we'll need that for the cpap later.

This will work as long as the truck wiring has been set up for the #4 pin on your 7 way connector to be hot. 

Take a look at this diagram and with a meter and a few minutes you can find out if your is wired to charge the battery.  Not all vehicles that have a 7 way connector are wired for this pin to be hot.

7wayconnectordiagram_zps5f1ec75e.jpg

This will work as long as the truck wiring has been set up for the #4 pin on your 7 way connector to be hot. 

Take a look at this diagram and with a meter and a few minutes you can find out if your is wired to charge the battery.  Not all vehicles that have a 7 way connector are wired for this pin to be hot.

7wayconnectordiagram_zps5f1ec75e.jpg

They have a newer superduty they should be good.

They have a newer superduty they should be good.

Not necessarily.  The last I heard the Superduty is shipped from the factory with the charge fuse & relay NOT installed.  it is up to the dealership or owner to install.

A propane smell doesn't sound normal to me and might be incomplete combustion or a leak of some type. It did take a couple of uses when our furnace was new to burn off the various stuff used to build it but I never went outside to see what it smelled like. You are still under warranty as I recall. It might be worthwhile to see if there is a mobile service company that handles warranty work and have them come by to give it a look over.

Thank you. I'll have it looked at when we get home. We're not expecting to need the heater this trip (pixie dust please), but we do have a small electric space heater that works really well if needed.

Not necessarily.  The last I heard the Superduty is shipped from the factory with the charge fuse & relay NOT installed.  it is up to the dealership or owner to install.

Never heard that one. All of my super dutys have charged from the day I bought them. But I have bought them all from the same dealer.

Never heard that one. All of my super dutys have charged from the day I bought them. But I have bought them all from the same dealer.

my wife says I worry about too many things.

I have seen folks post on other boards that their Ford didn't charge and discovered the relay/fuse in a plastic bag in the center console.

I have seen folks post on other boards that their Ford didn't charge and discovered the relay/fuse in a plastic bag in the center console.

Ford did not factory install the relay or fuse but shipped them in a bag. Better dealers would go ahead and install them as part of vehicle prep in anticipation that the customer was going to tow a trailer needing the battery charge line. There are a couple of different stories as to why Ford doesn't install them at the factory. My 2015 did not have the relay or fuse and looking at the owners manual it does not list a unique charge line fuse or relay. Some boards indicate they are no longer required so I plan to call a local dealer tomorrow and hopeful get the full scoop. Just in case I also plan to meter out the 7-pin to see what's the actual readings are. 

I've read the same things online.

Ford did not factory install the relay or fuse but shipped them in a bag. Better dealers would go ahead and install them as part of vehicle prep in anticipation that the customer was going to tow a trailer needing the battery charge line. There are a couple of different stories as to why Ford doesn't install them at the factory. My 2015 did not have the relay or fuse and looking at the owners manual it does not list a unique charge line fuse or relay. Some boards indicate they are no longer required so I plan to call a local dealer tomorrow and hopeful get the full scoop. Just in case I also plan to meter out the 7-pin to see what's the actual readings are.

Is yours a Super Duty or 150?

There has to be a fuse for the charge line, but it may be shared with other equipment.

The relay turns off power to the charge line when the ignition is turned off. This is a safety feature to keep a draw in the trailer from leaving you stranded with a dead battery.

Is yours a Super Duty or 150?

There has to be a fuse for the charge line, but it may be shared with other equipment.

The relay turns off power to the charge line when the ignition is turned off. This is a safety feature to keep a draw in the trailer from leaving you stranded with a dead battery.

It's an F150. I am well aware of how the charge line works. In prior years the charge line fuse and relay used to go into position 9 and 21 plus it was documented as such in the owners manual. For 2015 those positions are listed as unused and the owners manual doesn't list the trailer charge line at all. Also none of the fuses listed for the trailer have a high enough amperage to cover the charge line. I'm not the only one to run across this and the F150 related forums it has popped up on nobody has come back with an answer. If worse comes to worst I will try to dig up the schematics on a website I have access to and look it up.