DVC Member Lounge Coming to Epcot

From WDWNewsToday

CONCEPT ART: Original Upstairs ImageWorks in the Imagination Pavilion at Epcot to Reopen as DVC Member Lounge

6282606011_821a0ff63f_b-400x600.jpg

As part of the 25th Anniversary Celebration of the Disney Vacation Club, members will soon have access to an exclusive lounge in the Imagination! pavilion at Epcot:

Available in late spring 2016, Members will be able to relax and get their Member Services questions answered in this brand-new lounge, located in the Imagination! Pavilion in Future World at Epcot.
The lounge will feature comfortable seating, complimentary soft drinks, strong Wi-Fi, charging stations, helpful Member Services Advisors and computers with printers, and will serve as a gathering place for Members to meet up and celebrate their pride for Disney Vacation Club.

While we were unsure of the exact location of the lounge since that it announced, a reader was nice enough to send it some artwork of the new lounge that will re-open the former lobby of the old upstairs ImageWorks at the Imagination! pavilion which has been mostly closed to guests since October  1998:

10620722_10203796413949134_1564674977631

524801_10203796449990035_475817243672366

While it may not be something open to all guests, it is nice to see such a beautiful space return to functionality after all these years.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/01/concept-art-original-upstairs-imageworks-in-the-imagination-pavilion-at-epcot-to-reopen-as-dvc-member-lounge/

According to the official DVC 25th anniversary site, they will be offering private DVC events at the MK, Typhoon Lagoon, Animal Kingdom and Epcot this year:  https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/25th-anniversary/

Sounds like some nice stuff for DVC members.

I wouldn't have a problem with it, but how about something for passholders?  They used to do stuff for passholders.

TCD

I'm sure it all comes down to cost. They probably have it figured out that less DVC people could come to events then pass holders.

But seriously Epcot is a hot mess, why don't they redo the area and stick some old stuff (ride parts, posters, etc) like make it a museum of things of the past so there is something to do while soarin is closed and before Frozen opens? Stick some old meet and greet characters up there and then when Soarin' and frozen open it make it a DVC lounge.

I'm sure it all comes down to cost. They probably have it figured out that less DVC people could come to events then pass holders.

It also tells me that they value DVC members more than passholders. Which makes sense- it's obvious that DVC is their cash cow at the moment, and they need to throw some perks at the DVC owners to keep them happy.

But seriously Epcot is a hot mess, why don't they redo the area and stick some old stuff (ride parts, posters, etc) like make it a museum of things of the past so there is something to do while soarin is closed and before Frozen opens? Stick some old meet and greet characters up there and then when Soarin' and frozen open it make it a DVC lounge.

Great idea! That would be so easy for them to do.  But, they must figure they won't lose that much business.  Plus, they've already announced that they're extending the dates for the Flower and Garden Festival.  The plan must be to limp along until they get Soarin' back and Frozen open, and then promote the heck out of those attractions.

TCD

... why don't they redo the area and stick some old stuff (ride parts, posters, etc) like make it a museum of things of the past so there is something to do while soarin is closed and before Frozen opens? Stick some old meet and greet characters up there and then when Soarin' and frozen open it make it a DVC lounge.

Great idea!

Whoop dee do extending flower and garden that will thrill all the kids who wanted to ride soarin'.

They should really let us run this place, I think we would do well.

I know I've said this before but Six Flags didn't give a crap about the pass holders. They spent less money than the once in a while guest, most were local and would eat before/after they were there at home and wouldn't bother with merchandise, photos, etc.

I know I've said this before but Six Flags didn't give a crap about the pass holders. They spent less money than the once in a while guest, most were local and would eat before/after they were there at home and wouldn't bother with merchandise, photos, etc.

Yeah.  I think Disney thinks the same.

It's business, but it's still irritating because they used to do some nice things for passholders.  It's bad when you see what they do for passholders at Disneyland.  They get much better discounts and perks there.

But, they make a lot more money from the uneducated, once-in-a-lifetime guests.  They can sell all the extra money making gimmicks to those folks. I guess they figure they'll never run out of that kind of guest.

TCD

Here's what Busch Gardens did for passholders in 2015.

We heard that the $10 is back this month also

Jan.,May, Sept., and Nov. Each passholder gets $10 Busch Buck to spend on anything in the park

Feb Reserved seating at a Nature Show

March  2 samples for price of 1 at their Food and Wine

April 30% off select restaurants

June BOGO Entrée platters

July Free gift with purchase

August  Spend $25 in gift shops get $5 back

Oct BOGO beer plus free visit to Adventure Island (water park)

Dec. Free Christmas Ornament (they were out the 3 times we went)

I'm currently paying about $33 a month total for 3 Platinum passes, so 4 times a year the Busch Bucks basically pay for our pass that month in food, gifts, etc.

Plus we get the free Preferred parking since we have the Platinum Pass.

We also get freebies/discounts at SeaWorld and Aquatica.

Now I know the various SeaWorld Entertainment Parks aren't up to Disney standards, but the do treat their pass holders better.

Plus we always get 10% off food (any food), drinks and the shops, 20% in SeaWorld San Antonio.

And we've had the passes going on 4 years now and the monthly fee hasn't gone up a penny.

The only "extra" priced attraction is Howl O Scream Nights.  Christmas Land is included in the regular admission now.

Now I know the various SeaWorld Entertainment Parks aren't up to Disney standards, but the do treat their pass holders better.

That is a debatable statement.  Sure, Disney has more immersive theming, but both Busch Gardens and Sea World have coasters that put Disney's to shame.  When my girls were in high school, we would do the Fun Pass, and head over to Busch Gardens some evenings just to ride some of the coasters there.

TCD

That is a debatable statement.  Sure, Disney has more immersive theming, but both Busch Gardens and Sea World have coasters that put Disney's to shame.  When my girls were in high school, we would do the Fun Pass, and head over to Busch Gardens some evenings just to ride some of the coasters there.

TCD

. Well what I meant is they don't have the character recognition, no parades, no fireworks every night, but yes, their coasters are much more intense than Disney.
  • 5 months later...

They turned this into a very cool spot to hang out!

New Disney Vacation Club Member Lounge Opens at Epcot Today

Terry Brinkoetter

by Terry Brinkoetter, Public Relations Director

Starting today Disney Vacation Club Members can enjoy a new Member Lounge while visiting Epcot. It’s the latest benefit unveiled as part of the Disney Vacation Club 25th anniversary. Available for Members with paid admission to Epcot, the lounge is open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

New Disney Vacation Club Member Lounge at Epcot

The new lounge is tucked away on the second floor of the Imagination! pavilion (with the Member entrance in the ImageWorks merchandise location on the first floor of the pavilion). Ascend the staircase or take the glass elevator up, and you’ll find yourself inside one of the Imagination! pavilion’s towering glass pyramids. It’s a bright sunshine-filled space that offers commanding views of Epcot.

The lounge is a great place to recharge (yourself and your devices) while visiting the theme park. There’s lots of casual seating, complimentary beverages (including Coca-Cola Freestyle machines), device-charging stations, Wi-Fi, computer stations, a printer and mounted tablets pre-set to help you access myriad Disney websites. There’s even a play area for children where they can test their Disney Infinity skills or watch some of the latest Disney animated shorts.

New Disney Vacation Club Member Lounge at Epcot New Disney Vacation Club Member Lounge at Epcot

While kids are playing, mom and dad can consult with Member Services Advisors who are available daily to assist with dining reservations, future resort stays and more. Weekdays an RCI advisor is be available to help Members navigate exchange options for upcoming vacations.

The Disney Vacation Club 25th Anniversary takes place throughout 2016. So far it’s been a non-stop cavalcade of special events, merchandise and other delightful additions, including the Disney Vacation Club Silver Anniversary Sweepstakes. There still a lot more to come. Check back with us here at the Disney Parks Blog for more about what’s happening in this year unlike any other in Disney Vacation Club history.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/06/new-disney-vacation-club-member-lounge-opens-at-epcot-today/

21 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Weekdays an RCI advisor is be available to help Members navigate exchange options for upcoming vacations.

The Disney Vacation Club 25th Anniversary takes place throughout 2016.

Ok - this could work for us.  Using RCI to exchange via either their website or the telephone has been some of the MOST frustrating experiences in my entire life!!!!   So now I just have to get down to WDW before the opportunity ends.

• 5 months later...

Ok - dropped into this on Monday to see what it was like and what it was all about.  On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it maybe a 2.  The space is very crowded and based on the pictures above I'd say they added more seats then can be seen in the pictures.  There was certainly no opportunity to get to the computers, they were all being "held" by a number of kids who were using them to check their email.  The place could also use a really good cleaning. The seats were stained with spilled drinks and the carpet needed a good shampooing.

The three people who were there had no time to talk to anyone; one person was dedicated to bringing around a trolley with cookies and chips, one was on the phone and the other was directing people to where the coffee and drink machines were.  So there was no opportunity to ask lenghty questions or get the kind of assistance I was looking for.

For what it's worth we weren't impressed and frankly it was very disappointing.  

When we were at the Fort before Halloween, we managed to finally get into the Chase lounge after waiting about 15-20 minutes for some folks to come down, and like Lone-Star said, it was nice... pretty much the same as years before.  We also managed to get into the DVC Lounge on another day...  Had to show our membership card to gain access... It too was nice, places to sit, a couple of those Coke Freestyle Machines and a Keurig machine.  They had a person walking around with a cart handing out free snacks like potato chips, cookies and gummies...  All in all it was a nice place to rest and have some "free" drinks and snacks...