No More EMH for Hotel Plaza Hilton Guests

From OTPN...

Starting this year, Guests staying at the Hotel Plaza Hilton (locate near Disney Springs) no longer participate in Walt Disney World's Extra Magic Hours.

As a reminder, Guests staying at one of the Walt Disney World hotels, Shades of Green, Golden Oak, or any of the other hotels on Hotel Plaza Boulevard can continue to enjoy Extra Magic Hours by simply presenting their resort ID cards. No other changes have been announced by the Walt Disney World Resort.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2016/01/hotel-plaza-hilton-stops-participating.html

Wow.  I didn't even know guests in those hotels got EMH privileges (other than the Swan and Dolphin).

They don't get MB's, and they don't get a crack at FP+'s 60 days in advance.  So, I assumed they didn't get EMH's either.

No wonder EMH's are so crowded.

TCD

Not all participated, just a few.

Not all participated, just a few.

That's what I thought.

Then I reckon the "journalist" who wrote this part of the article needs to do some fact checking:

"As a reminder, Guests staying at one of the Walt Disney World hotels, Shades of Green, Golden Oak, or any of the other hotels on Hotel Plaza Boulevard can continue to enjoy Extra Magic Hours by simply presenting their resort ID cards."

Also, I don't think people who live in Golden Oaks have resort ID cards, but who knows?  Maybe the author meant to say the Four Seasons?

TCD

As far as I can recall the Hilton was the only one with EMH access

It looks like you're right about that, Jason.

MouseSavers says:

"Another is that, with the exception of the Hilton, the Disney Springs area hotels do not participate in Disney’s Extra Magic Hours."

http://www.mousesavers.com/downtown-disney-hotels/

And the TouringPlans site says:

"Non-Disney Resorts With Extra Magic Hours Access

The following resorts have an arrangement with Disney that allows their guests access to Extra Magic Hours:

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/extra-magic-hours/resorts

The blogger Mo quoted goofed.

TCD

That's what I thought.

Then I reckon the "journalist" who wrote this part of the article needs to do some fact checking:

"As a reminder, Guests staying at one of the Walt Disney World hotels, Shades of Green, Golden Oak, or any of the other hotels on Hotel Plaza Boulevard can continue to enjoy Extra Magic Hours by simply presenting their resort ID cards."

Also, I don't think people who live in Golden Oaks have resort ID cards, but who knows?  Maybe the author meant to say the Four Seasons?

TCD

I think I remember something about the Golden Oaks residents getting them though. 

Odd.

Do the Hotels have to pay Disney to participate in EMH?

If so, maybe Hilton wasn't getting enough people that cared about that perk to offset the cost?

My BIL's mom works at the new hilton up there( the old buena vista palace )

they took it over a few months ago and are renovating it.

Having stayed at most of the Hilton's up there due to this connection i did ask the question as to why 

and it comes down to terms of the contract.

IE it was up and Disney did not want to renew it/ and threw out a number hilton was not willing to pay

In fact as far as i know out of all the the down town Disney hotels the Hilton was the only one to have the EMH benefit

http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/hotels/hilton/

they even advertise it on the hotel group website.

That Hilton opened up in 1983, so were 32-33 years in to its existence, seems like an odd contract term, however if the contract was for say 30 years and started in 1985 to drive business to this hotel once the newness wore off it makes sense

I think I remember something about the Golden Oaks residents getting them though. 

Golden oaks residents get a special pass (basically an annual pass) that includes emh privalages among other things. Some residents get them as part of their home purchase while others must buy them.

#1- It is Golden Oak (no "s").  If you say it with the "s," it's a dead giveaway that you don't live there.

#2- You are both correct.  Per the FAQ's on their website:

Q. Do I receive any Disney benefits or privileges as a homeowner?

A. The Golden Oak Experience includes family resort-living amenities such as the custom designed Summerhouse facility (including private dining, family room with game area and complete fitness center), community events, proximity to Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World® Resort, and parks, gardens and recreation areas; concierge-style resident services; and Disney Connection (allows families a way to experience a special kind of Disney through Extra Magic Hours Benefit, merchandise delivery, golf package and park transportation). 

http://www.disneygoldenoak.com/faq/

So, yes, they get EMH access-although it's not 100% clear to me whether that is an extra cost.

Everything I've read about the Four Seasons Resort there says they do not get EMH privileges.

TCD

#1- It is Golden Oak (no "s"). If you say it with the "s," it's a dead giveaway that you don't live there.

#2- You are both correct. Per the FAQ's on their website:

Q. Do I receive any Disney benefits or privileges as a homeowner?

A. The Golden Oak Experience includes family resort-living amenities such as the custom designed Summerhouse facility (including private dining, family room with game area and complete fitness center), community events, proximity to Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World® Resort, and parks, gardens and recreation areas; concierge-style resident services; and Disney Connection (allows families a way to experience a special kind of Disney through Extra Magic Hours Benefit, merchandise delivery, golf package and park transportation).

http://www.disneygoldenoak.com/faq/

So, yes, they get EMH access-although it's not 100% clear to me whether that is an extra cost.

Everything I've read about the Four Seasons Resort there says they do not get EMH privileges.

TCD

Man, I gave it away?