New Lazydays Super RV Accessory Store

The folks at Lazydays RV near Tampa just added a new RV accessories store to their property, which they're comparing to a Bass Pro Shop, but for RV enthusiasts.

Lazydays is about 50 miles west of WDW, and is an easy day trip from the Fort.

Looking to pattern retail outlets like Bass Pro Shops, Lazydays' RV recently christened its "accessories and more" store.

Billed by officials as the largest of its kind in Florida, the accessories store rounds out the vast Lazydays' lifestyle experience. The new 20,000 square foot facility features a wide range of products and decor customized for the RV lifestyle, and a special area for seminars.

"What we saw is an opportunity for someone to stand out and be different and bring some of that warm feeling into the shopping experience" said president and CEO Tim Sheehan.

"We basically said let's use this opportunity to be different".

The store's seminars are open to the public and cover a range of topics, including driver competence courses and using technology in your RV. Another feature is an expanded services and specialized parts department.

The facility also boasts a cutting edge technology center that allows for guests to virtually explore different RV destinations around the country and actually book reservations online.

"We love our customers and want to make them 'customers for life.' This is an added advantage to that end," Sheehan said.

Lazydays' efforts also reflect the increased competition along the Interstate 4 corridor. General RV, Camping World and Tampa RV have all set up shop one exit east of Lazydays at the McIntosh Road exit.

"We think it's a win for the consumer because there is no more competitive and well inventoried RV hub in the country," Sheehan said. "You've got some of the biggest and best in the industry all competing and what it does for the customer is it gives them the ability to see virtually everything that the industry has to offer in a small little geographical area."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/lazydays-rv-expands-with-accessories-store/2262922

TCD

Yes it is in the old camping word.

I checked it out last Thursday when I dropped the tt off, wasn't really anything to write home about. The special area for seminars was a corner of the room. There was a big display for Encore or something similar manned by 3 people who had no idea about anything in the store. There was a display of furniture which would be nice if you were replacing furniture in your rv to actually be able to try some of it out.

It's a replacement for the old camping world store, someplace for you to spend money while you wait but I wouldn't go out of my way to stop there.

On a side note we had 2 free nights at the lazy days campground that we got at one of the rv shows, everyone that checks into the campground gets a 10.00 coupon for the store. There was no minimum purchase requirement so after walking around the store twice (the old one by the service entrance) we ended up with 10.00 worth of toilet paper. This was before the new store opened so don't know if it's still a thing or not. But ask for the coupon as our friends got one but we had to ask for ours.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Haven't been there, I was in the Camping World store a while back and the prices there were outrageous also.

To me, those type of stores are like a Sharper Image or Sky Mall catalog.  Go in, look around, jot down the info on something you like, then find it cheaper at Wal-Mart, Target, or on line.

But, I guess they figure if you spend $250K + on an RV, $100 for a dog cot or $150 for a folding camping chair is just chump change.

Too bad, when I first read that it would be the RV version of Bass Pro or Cabelas I was intrigued, after all our local Bass Pro in Foxboro has 2 floors, a pond, an aquarium, a kids shooting gallery, 2 restaurants, a full size cabin cruiser hanging from the ceiling, etc etc etc.

If they did a similar RV themed store, the possibilities would be endless.

And Lazydays has the room and money to make it happen, but it sounds like they just wanted to fill the empty building they had when CW left.

Oh well.  I guess it will be more convenient to get something there while staying at Lazydays, but being a Good Sam Lifetime member, I would probably stop at the Camping World one exit down anyway..... 

4 hours ago, ependydad...Doug said:

I get to LazyDays on Sunday and will be there for 2+ weeks. I'll report back. :)

Gee, you miss the Gasparilla Parade by 1 day!  Count your blessings... Used to be fun to go to 30 years ago.  It has gotten crazier, more crowded, and now corporate sponsored so it's a mess for anyone over the age of 30, unless you like to fight huge crowds and inadequate parking.

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

Gee, you miss the Gasparilla Parade by 1 day!  Count your blessings... Used to be fun to go to 30 years ago.  It has gotten crazier, more crowded, and now corporate sponsored so it's a mess for anyone over the age of 30, unless you like to fight huge crowds and inadequate parking.

The pictures on the site of the crowds of people is too much. I'm glad we're missing it!

8 hours ago, Lou... said:

Dave, aka Grumpy & Grandma, and I will be visiting friends at LazyDays, Sat, a week from tomorrow. Post your site# if you can and want some visitors.

Gee, who would that be that u are visiting??

On 1/29/2016 at 10:02 AM, ependydad...Doug said:

I get to LazyDays on Sunday and will be there for 2+ weeks. I'll report back. :)

Okay, I'm late to the game because I did not realize that LazyDays had an actual CG.  I had to google it, after seeing your post :blush:  I had heard mention of people staying at LazyDays, but I thought it was a short term (for people buying a new rig and camping in their old until they switched) kind-of place. 

Okay, I'm late to the game because I did not realize that LazyDays had an actual CG.  I had to google it, after seeing your post :blush:  I had heard mention of people staying at LazyDays, but I thought it was a short term (for people buying a new rig and camping in their old until they switched) kind-of place. 

If it wasn't for a rally, I wouldn't have known either. :) Though, I've since heard good things about the LazyDays park in Tucson.

Just got to LazyDays tonight and are setup on site # 269.

If you stop by during the day, feel free to knock if after noon. Weekdays, I'm in the bedroom working and there aren't always signs of life from the outside. :)

And fair warning to anyone coming to LazyDays- Feb. 11-14 is a Fulltime Families rally. 50 families who live in their campers and we're the oddity with "only" 2 kids. Lots of families are coming in ahead of time and there are already - handful here. We spent the night sitting and playing dice outside this evening.

28c4285b8ec7c70fda93047eed395840.jpg

29 minutes ago, ependydad...Doug said:

Just got to LazyDays tonight and are setup on site # 269.

If you stop by during the day, feel free to knock if after noon. Weekdays, I'm in the bedroom working and there aren't always signs of life from the outside. :)

And fair warning to anyone coming to LazyDays- Feb. 11-14 is a Fulltime Families rally. 50 families who live in their campers and we're the oddity with "only" 2 kids. Lots of families are coming in ahead of time and there are already - handful here. We spent the night sitting and playing dice outside this evening.

28c4285b8ec7c70fda93047eed395840.jpg

Welcome to sunny FL, at least you had great weather this weekend.  that picture makes it look like you have your bikes hanging in the tree.