The Wilderness Must be Destroyed!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TCD, I'm  sorry you are so outraged  about the trees, and I dont have time or desire to write half of what you wrote to me but, of course I know that bay lake was there from the beginning.  There were

Not so fast. All of Disney World is not man-made. Bay Lake existed before Disney came along. In fact, it was the beauty of Bay Lake and the surrounding wilderness that drew Walt to the

Fair enough.  For the record, I'm not outraged. I would say I'm just really disappointed.  And sad that the current regime has so little respect for what was done in the past. It's interesti

Posted Images

17 hours ago, dvccamper said:

Even with the Florida heat a hot tub seems more appealing to me than a plunge pool. Has anyone ever seen people in their plunge pools at the bungalows when you're out on the lake? We stayed at the Polynesian this past fall and would go past the bungalows quite often. We never saw any evidence of life in them.

I've read a couple of rumors that sales may start March 9th.  We currently have a reservation for the first week in January. We might try to switch over to one of the new rooms but might not. I enjoy the villas building. Although the last time we were there we had a nice view of the trees and we would watch the deer out there. Probably not so much this trip.

Same here, when ever I'm near them I always look for people hanging out on their deck, drapes open, TV on, etc. They always look like an abandoned fishing village.

If I was paying $2000 to $3000 a day to stay there I wouldn't set foot off of the pier.

I'd have my butt plopped down on the deck with music blasting, a tray full of adult beverages, and I'd be doing a Princess Wave to all the unwashed masses crammed onto the ferries!

20 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Thanks for that information.

I am surprised that the sales go that quickly.  No wonder they're building DVC units as fast as they can!

I went digging around and found a floor plan for the bungalows at the Polynesian Village Resort.  They sure look similar to the Copper Creek Cabins, and they show that the front doors house the pool equipment.  It looks like these cabins will have a plunge pool too:

Polynesian:

polynesian%20bungalow%20floor%20plan_zps

Copper Creek:

cc%20cabin%20plan_zpsp3t2cnkj.jpg

TCD

Looking at the WL cabin blueprint, can anyone see the entrance to the main bathroom?  I'm going to assume it has the same hallway as the Poly.. but the blueprint seems to show no entrance to the bathroom at all.

24 minutes ago, ThemeParkCommando said:

Looking at the WL cabin blueprint, can anyone see the entrance to the main bathroom?  I'm going to assume it has the same hallway as the Poly.. but the blueprint seems to show no entrance to the bathroom at all.

LOL.  Good catch.  Maybe it will be Haunted Mansion themed (this room has no windows and no doors).

TCD

18 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Could one of the doors on the outside be for luggage storage?

Or maybe it's a place to store the butler or the nanny when they are off duty!

I'd expect one door for the pool equipment and one for the hot water heater. I don't see any obvious indoor closet for the furnace so wonder if the third door could be for that or storage. 

The DVC News site is reporting that the new Copper Creek stuff at WL will open on July 17:

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/villas-at-wilderness-lodge/news-75774/3678-copper-creek-villas-cabins-to-open-july-17

Here's a photo they posted of the cabin floorplan- they are saying that is a hot tub out back, and there is a way to get into the big bathroom:

CCV Cabin Floorplan

This is a view of the inside of a cabin. And the closest many of us will ever get to seeing it:

CCV Cabin Interior

And, check this out, they are renaming the big pool and waterfall in the main hotel, the Copper Creek Falls and Springs:

Wilderness Lodge Map

TCD

Wait a minute....you mean they are renaming "Silver Creek Falls" to Copper Creek Falls??  

WTF?

Is nothing sacred anymore?  

We have a lot of pictures of us, my parents, and other family members in front of that Silver Creek Falls sign over the years. INC and I are from the same hometown, and it's name is Silver Creek.  So there was a personal connection we felt from the first time we ever visited the WL back in 2001.  And now....gone.  

Here's that first pic, from May 2001.

h2R2eKnx79DobOLCp2LAM_WhmGuKLruVsyWI-Kd3

Here's a pic from Thanksgiving 2007 of the kids with my parents.  

DKcs8mzOx5cu-PFKIcnSu8mlBbpzo-MN6GtfvJem

And I have more where those came from.  

Thanks Disney.  I'll file this up there with the cinnamon rolls.  

12 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Wait a minute....you mean they are renaming "Silver Creek Falls" to Copper Creek Falls??  

WTF?

We have a lot of pictures of us, my parents, and other family members in front of that Silver Creek Falls sign over the years. INC and I are from the same hometown, and it's name is Silver Creek.  So there was a personal connection we felt from the first time we ever visited the WL back in 2001.  And now....gone.  

Sorry, bro.

Silver is out.

Copper is in.

That's what this map shows:

wl%20new%20map_zpsqsxanldg.jpg

All of this so they can sell the points for those cabins and/or rent them out for $2,000 a night. 

Too bad for you and INC.

TCD

2 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Sorry, bro.

Silver is out.

Copper is in.

That's what this map shows:

wl%20new%20map_zpsqsxanldg.jpg

All of this so they can sell the points for those cabins and/or rent them out for $2,000 a night. 

Too bad for you and INC.

TCD

Yeah.....I went back and edited my post to add some pictures.  Kind of makes me sad, but this isn't the first time any of us has gotten sad over pics of our kids with things at Disney that don't exist anymore.  And it won't be the last.  However, for the record, the term Copper Creek is going on the DIT 3.0 scale whenever it comes out.

7 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Yeah.....I went back and edited my post to add some pictures.  Kind of makes me sad, but this isn't the first time any of us has gotten sad over pics of our kids with things at Disney that don't exist anymore.  And it won't be the last.  However, for the record, the term Copper Creek is going on the DIT 3.0 scale whenever it comes out.

I know what you mean.

I have photos of my family at River Country, with the totem poles in front of the Trading Posts, the Lawnmower Tree, and, the saddest thing of all- Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Rolls.

When I first heard the Copper Creek name, I wondered where the new creek would be.  Silly me, I thought they'd make some nice new fake creek near the cabins, not steal the Wilderness Lodge's creek and rename it.

Outrageous.

TCD

19 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

WTF?

Maybe you could start a blog and suck up to them and ask for the Silver Creek signs before they are taken down.