The Wilderness Must be Destroyed!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TCD, I'm  sorry you are so outraged  about the trees, and I dont have time or desire to write half of what you wrote to me but, of course I know that bay lake was there from the beginning.  There were

Not so fast. All of Disney World is not man-made. Bay Lake existed before Disney came along. In fact, it was the beauty of Bay Lake and the surrounding wilderness that drew Walt to the

Fair enough.  For the record, I'm not outraged. I would say I'm just really disappointed.  And sad that the current regime has so little respect for what was done in the past. It's interesti

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The DVC News site is reporting that the new Copper Creek stuff at WL will open on July 17:

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/villas-at-wilderness-lodge/news-75774/3678-copper-creek-villas-cabins-to-open-july-17

Here's a photo they posted of the cabin floorplan- they are saying that is a hot tub out back, and there is a way to get into the big bathroom:

CCV Cabin Floorplan

This is a view of the inside of a cabin. And the closest many of us will ever get to seeing it:

CCV Cabin Interior

And, check this out, they are renaming the big pool and waterfall in the main hotel, the Copper Creek Falls and Springs:

Wilderness Lodge Map

TCD

I was just going to post this. I will say the cabins look beautiful. But I doubt I'll ever get to stay there. Even with three years of points I wouldn't even have enough for a week in January (cheapest points).

I did read that starting tomorrow you will be able to see a model room at Saratoga Springs. But I would imagine that will just be for the studios or 1 or 2 bedrooms, not the cabins.

2 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Wait a minute....you mean they are renaming "Silver Creek Falls" to Copper Creek Falls??  

WTF?

Is nothing sacred anymore?  

We have a lot of pictures of us, my parents, and other family members in front of that Silver Creek Falls sign over the years. INC and I are from the same hometown, and it's name is Silver Creek.  So there was a personal connection we felt from the first time we ever visited the WL back in 2001.  And now....gone.  

Here's that first pic, from May 2001.

h2R2eKnx79DobOLCp2LAM_WhmGuKLruVsyWI-Kd3

Here's a pic from Thanksgiving 2007 of the kids with my parents.  

DKcs8mzOx5cu-PFKIcnSu8mlBbpzo-MN6GtfvJem

And I have more where those came from.  

Thanks Disney.  I'll file this up there with the cinnamon rolls.  

We have pictures over the years in that same spot.  Yes, you should have stolen the sign.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:29 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

One more post about some things I noticed on the new map.

There are 14 cabins on the south east side of the Lodge.  Note how they have some red dots covering up what clearly appears to be some kinds of sports court south of the original DVC wing:

14%20wl%20cabins_zpsioqyxa12.jpg

You can also see that the cabin people get there own little private parking lot.  I also note that it looks like the original nature trail has a red dot to it on the right hand side of the map, and appears to continue on to the east.  I wonder if regular people will have access to that path?

Over on the north west side of the original Lodge building, there will be 12 cabins.  I can't figure out what they are hiding with the two red dots here on the map:

12%20wl%20cabins_zpsfm1xjsqz.jpg

It looks like they get there own little parking lot on that side too.

I also found in interesting that they are calling the original boat transportation dock the north west dock:

wl%20map%20legend_zpspg74ebnt.jpg

At first, it made me wonder if that means there is going to be another boat dock,  But, I figure they will eventually update the map to call the dock where they rent the recreational boats the south east dock.

One more thought- they are adding 26 cabins, but will only have 6 cabanas to rent at the pool.  Based on pricing for similar offerings, those will probably go for $500 a day.  The limited number of cabanas will no doubt keep them rented.  That's an easy $3000 a day right into Disney's pocket.  Do the math- it's a potential income stream of over a million dollars a year- just from those cabanas.  Crazy.

TCD

All of the new stuff posted by Disney yesterday has answered some of the questions I had about this map, but it has also raised some new questions.

First, even though the map posted outside Geyser Point still refers to the original pool as the Silver Creek Springs pool, that name is apparently going to change.

It says so right here:

wl%20pool%20info_zpsrpduiesb.jpg

This new map tells me that those two red dots I was wondering about on the north west side of the project are the site of a barbecue grilling area:

wl%20new%20map_zpsqsxanldg.jpg

Note that there will be another grilling area on the south east side too.

The official DVC site tells us that there will be gas grills there to use:

wl%20activities_zpscrnri2as.jpg

And, that will be a recreation area with a basketball hoop by the south east grill area.

Oh, and the text about the pools tells us that the six cabanas at the pool will be first come, first served- nothing about a charge for them or being reserved.  So, maybe I was wrong about the $500 a day for them.  But we'll see.

Number 8 on the map tells me that there is still going to be a nature path.  That's good!  I can ride my bike from the Fort right to Geyser Point!

TCD

10 minutes ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

Is it just me or does this campfire look like its back near someone's favorite morning spot?

That would explain those campfire things they had there at one time.

WBI

Hmmm.

That tree does look familiar.

And, Lord knows there aren't any trees of that size left at Wilderness Lodge.  Err, I mean Boulder Ridge Villas and Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness LodgeTM.

Good catch!

TCD

I noticed that there is no reference to Roaring Fork on the new map posted outside Geyser Point or on the new Copper Creek Villas map.

I know it is closed for refurbishment, but the new Copper Creek map shows stuff that isn't open yet. I assume it's supposed to represent what will be open in July.

So, where's Roaring Fork?

It's still listed as a dining location on the DVC site, but with no indication of when it will reopen:

wl%20dining_zpsteu1yjd8.jpg

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/destinations/list/florida/copper-creek-villas-and-cabins/dining/

It's weird that it's not shown on the new map.

The building for the Trout Pass bar is shown on both maps, and there's a red dot on it on the posted map outside of Geyser Point, but there is no number identifying it on the new map.

TCD

Dang, the Disney PR department is working overtime on this!

Here's a brand new Disney Parks Blog Post about the new DVC:

Opening Date Set for Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Amanda Adler

by Amanda Adler, Public Relations Manager, Adventures by Disney

Exciting news today: Sales for Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, the newest Disney Vacation Club resort, will begin next week. Current Disney Vacation Club Members will have the first chance to purchase real estate interests beginning on March 8, with general sales following on April 5.

The resort, which is currently under construction, also has a scheduled opening date: July 17. Once open, Copper Creek Villas & Cabins will be the 14th Disney Vacation Club development and the second at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.

Copper Creek Villas & Cabins offers Disney Vacation Club Members and guests a new frontier for magical vacations where the comforts of home and the wonders of the wilderness are deeply rooted in the magic of Disney. Inspired by the legendary mining and railroad history of the Pacific Northwest, Members and guests will discover rustically elegant accommodations, where cozy touches mix with modern designs to create a tranquil retreat.

Offering one of the widest ranges of accommodations found at Walt Disney World Resort, Copper Creek Villas & Cabins will feature 184 modern, nature-inspired vacation homes, including Deluxe Studios, one- and two-bedroom Villas, and even three-bedroom Grand Villas, which sleep up to 12.

Artist Rendering – Proposed

Inside the luxurious Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Disney Vacation Club, with window views of nature

The new resort will also include 26 all-new luxurious waterfront cabins. Sleeping up to eight and featuring two bedrooms, two baths and large dining and living room spaces, the cabins’ floor-to-ceiling windows, exposed wooden beams and interior-exterior stone-hearth fireplace bring the beauty of the outdoors in, and offer plenty of room for families. After a long day of fun at the nearby theme parks, guests can return to their porch and relax in the built-in hot tub. Some even enjoy a view of the Electrical Water Pageant on Bay Lake!

Additional developments at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge include the recently opened Geyser Point Bar & Grill, an open-air lounge overlooking Bay Lake. The resort’s quick-service restaurant, Roaring Fork is also undergoing refurbishments and is scheduled to reopen later this year with a refreshed look and expanded outdoor seating. Boulder Ridge Cove pool, a modern-day swimmin’ hole, will also open this summer.

Those in search of extra pampering will want to stop by the all-new Salon by the Springs for poolside manicures, pedicures and hair services scheduled to open this summer.

I’ll be sharing even more exciting details about this beautiful resort right here on the Disney Parks Blog in the months to come. Until then, visit DisneyCopperCreek.com to explore this latest offering from Disney Vacation Club.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/03/opening-date-set-for-copper-creek-villas-cabins-at-disneys-wilderness-lodge/

This tells us that Roaring Fork is, indeed coming back, but not until "later this year."

And what is this new Salon By the Springs?

Is that going in the Trout Pass Bar?  Is that one of the unidentified buildings at the new pool?

And what's up with the interior design of the new DVC rooms?  It sure doesn't look anything like the theme of Wilderness Lodge.  More like the Brady Bunch, if you ask me.  Those dressers look exactly like college dorm furniture.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Is that going in the Trout Pass Bar?  Is that one of the unidentified buildings at the new pool?

And what's up with the interior design of the new DVC rooms?  It sure doesn't look anything like the theme of Wilderness Lodge.  More like the Brady Bunch, if you ask me.  Those dressers look exactly like college dorm furniture.

TCD

For what it's worth a facebook page I follow about the Wilderness Lodge (Humphrey's) said that the Salon was going in the Trout Pass Bar.

I agree those interiors don't fit at all.  The dresser looks like something from IKEA not out west.

WBI

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

Notice how they refer to the Boulder Ridge Cove pool as a "modern day swimmin' hole". Gee, I wonder what that's a reference to?

I did not notice that.  In fact, where are you seeing that?

Another thing I don't see is any confirmation that there will be a slide in the new Boulder Ridge Cove pool.  I thought there is one shown in the artwork, but it's not in the description of the pool on the DVC site.

40 minutes ago, shoreline99 said:

Those interiors are god awful. I really think this expansion was not well thought out.

Lots of story, little substance.

Well, the story is that these new rooms were built as a part of a rejuvenation of the abandoned rock quarry, so they're supposed to be modern. 

But, everything around the new rooms is still themed like the original Wilderness Lodge.

I agree- not well thought out.

22 minutes ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

For what it's worth a facebook page I follow about the Wilderness Lodge (Humphrey's) said that the Salon was going in the Trout Pass Bar.

I agree those interiors don't fit at all.  The dresser looks like something from IKEA not out west.

WBI

Interesting.  I guess the Boulder Ridge Pool will be the place to hang out then, as the Geyser Point bar is closer to it.

Having the salon out where Trout Pass is seems like an odd choice to me.  I still think the larger of the unidentified buildings by the Boulder Ridge pool would be a more logical location for the Salon. But we will see.

You're right about the IKEA look.  That is exactly what these new interiors look like.

TCD

1 hour ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

I have another theory about the possible location of a beauty salon at the Lodge.

Did anyone notice all the individual doors they have on the back of the Geyser Point building?

2%2019%2017%20118_zpsl023zfln.jpg

2%2019%2017%20134_zpsi3k6xg8t.jpg

Each door even has its own exterior light.

Don't those look like they could be treatment rooms like they have at spas?

And, as long as we're looking at the back of the Geyser Point building, has anyone seen anything offically posted about what Reunion Station is?

TCD

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Dang, the Disney PR department is working overtime on this!

Here's a brand new Disney Parks Blog Post about the new DVC:

Opening Date Set for Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Amanda Adler

by Amanda Adler, Public Relations Manager, Adventures by Disney

Exciting news today: Sales for Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, the newest Disney Vacation Club resort, will begin next week. Current Disney Vacation Club Members will have the first chance to purchase real estate interests beginning on March 8, with general sales following on April 5.

The resort, which is currently under construction, also has a scheduled opening date: July 17. Once open, Copper Creek Villas & Cabins will be the 14th Disney Vacation Club development and the second at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.

Copper Creek Villas & Cabins offers Disney Vacation Club Members and guests a new frontier for magical vacations where the comforts of home and the wonders of the wilderness are deeply rooted in the magic of Disney. Inspired by the legendary mining and railroad history of the Pacific Northwest, Members and guests will discover rustically elegant accommodations, where cozy touches mix with modern designs to create a tranquil retreat.

Offering one of the widest ranges of accommodations found at Walt Disney World Resort, Copper Creek Villas & Cabins will feature 184 modern, nature-inspired vacation homes, including Deluxe Studios, one- and two-bedroom Villas, and even three-bedroom Grand Villas, which sleep up to 12.

Artist Rendering – Proposed

Inside the luxurious Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Disney Vacation Club, with window views of nature

The new resort will also include 26 all-new luxurious waterfront cabins. Sleeping up to eight and featuring two bedrooms, two baths and large dining and living room spaces, the cabins’ floor-to-ceiling windows, exposed wooden beams and interior-exterior stone-hearth fireplace bring the beauty of the outdoors in, and offer plenty of room for families. After a long day of fun at the nearby theme parks, guests can return to their porch and relax in the built-in hot tub. Some even enjoy a view of the Electrical Water Pageant on Bay Lake!

Additional developments at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge include the recently opened Geyser Point Bar & Grill, an open-air lounge overlooking Bay Lake. The resort’s quick-service restaurant, Roaring Fork is also undergoing refurbishments and is scheduled to reopen later this year with a refreshed look and expanded outdoor seating. Boulder Ridge Cove pool, a modern-day swimmin’ hole, will also open this summer.

Those in search of extra pampering will want to stop by the all-new Salon by the Springs for poolside manicures, pedicures and hair services scheduled to open this summer.

I’ll be sharing even more exciting details about this beautiful resort right here on the Disney Parks Blog in the months to come. Until then, visit DisneyCopperCreek.com to explore this latest offering from Disney Vacation Club.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/03/opening-date-set-for-copper-creek-villas-cabins-at-disneys-wilderness-lodge/

This tells us that Roaring Fork is, indeed coming back, but not until "later this year."

TCD

TCD.....I highlighted the text in red,.  

On 3/2/2017 at 0:06 PM, WannaBeImagineer said:

WBI

Yep. I think it was 'officially' leaked late Friday or Saturday that the trout pass bar will become a 'poolside mini spa' offering manicures, pedicures, and poolside massages.

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody from the DVCInfo.com website toured the model rooms for the Copper Creek Villas that they have on display at the Saratoga Springs Resort, here are a couple of the photos (Credit to DVCInfo.com) :

Copper Creek Villas Model Room

You can see them all here: https://dvcinfo.com/copper-creek-villas-model-room-photos/

For any of you who have ever been lucky enough to stay at Wilderness Lodge, you know that this is not what the rooms there look like.

It just dawned on me that the style of these new villas is similar to what they did to the Fort Wilderness cabins- they took out all of the charming wilderness theming, and went for a Courtyard by Marriot generic look.

When I started this thread, I was more focused on the fact that they had destroyed the forests that surrounded the resort, I had no idea that they were going to destroy the inside of the resort as well.

TCD

3 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Somebody from the DVCInfo.com website toured the model rooms for the Copper Creek Villas that they have on display at the Saratoga Springs Resort, here are a couple of the photos (Credit to DVCInfo.com) :

You can see them all here: https://dvcinfo.com/copper-creek-villas-model-room-photos/

For any of you who have ever been lucky enough to stay at Wilderness Lodge, you know that this is not what the rooms there look like.

It just dawned on me that the style of these new villas is similar to what they did to the Fort Wilderness cabins- they took out all of the charming wilderness theming, and went for a Courtyard by Marriot generic look.

When I started this thread, I was more focused on the fact that they had destroyed the forests that surrounded the resort, I had no idea that they were going to destroy the inside of the resort as well.

TCD

I don't think there were too many giraffes roaming the Pacific NW or Yosemite areas.

The decor doesn't fit in with the Wilderness theme at all !

13 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I don't think there were too many giraffes roaming the Pacific NW or Yosemite areas.

The decor doesn't fit in with the Wilderness theme at all !

LOL.  I'm pretty sure that the giraffe is on a flat screen TV mounted on the wall.  I think they are showing DVC propaganda films to guests who take the tour of the model rooms.  They must play subliminal messages to brainwash people into buying DVC.  It's the only reason that I can think of that anyone would pay for these.

TCD