I'm curious too. I have looked at the park online as an alternative to staying at the KOA as our Florida stop over place but would likely make it a two night stay as opposed to our  normal overnight. 

Nacole - If you or the DH like to sample beer you need to stop by the Moon River Brew Pub. The beer was pretty good as is the food. They also have a small rail museum where you can take a short trip around the yard on a coal burning train. The city history museum is just next door. Walking around was free the train was a buck or two. Rene and I found Savannah very walk-able but they do have a free bus system for the historic (i.e. tourist) district. 

7 minutes ago, keith_h said:

I'm curious too. I have looked at the park online as an alternative to staying at the KOA as our Florida stop over place but would likely make it a two night stay as opposed to our  normal overnight. 

Nacole - If you or the DH like to sample beer you need to stop by the Moon River Brew Pub. The beer was pretty good as is the food. They also have a small rail museum where you can take a short trip around the yard on a coal burning train. The city history museum is just next door. Walking around was free the train was a buck or two. Rene and I found Savannah very walk-able but they do have a free bus system for the historic (i.e. tourist) district. 

Thanks!  I'm not a fan of beer... but Tom has some favorites. so we'll definitely keep that place in mind!! :)

My sister and some of our friends have stayed at Skidaway Island as well we have driven through it and it is a nice campground.  You reserve your site type (pull through or back in) then are assigned your site when you arrive based upon first come first serve.  The pull through sites are HUGE!  

Everyone I know has really enjoyed it as it is such a pretty location and close to Savannah.  Just make sure there are no marathons going on when you go as they close alot of the roads into and around Savannah at that time.  Also pack lots of bug spray as the no-see-ums will eat you alive.    

I got to a continuing education class there every six months. They have some nice park models now that are like $150 a night. The cg is very shady. They have 2 hiking trails. One is pedestrian only and one allows bike's. The comfort stations aren't climate controlled but are clean. Theres an expressway not far from the campground that goes straight into the historical district. I recommend taking bike's. We just did this in November and my observation is that walking you may not see a lot and the tournament buses go quick and the guides sound like an auctioneer. The SCAD College area is beautiful. If you want good food there is plenty. We didn't Paula Deen. Blah blah blah. We did it. Once was enough. If you like to kayak there is a marina by the bridge. You'll see it lol. They have a guide and I believe you can rent them. Hope this helps. If I can help let me know.

Donnie 

Considering a trip there this fall.  Looks like they a few full hook-up (incl sewer) sites.  I'd really like to visit Savannah.

Has anyone stayed at this CG?  If so...thoughts??

I'm glad you started this thread. I loved Savannah the one time we went and have been talking about going back. Looks like a nice park and close enough to everything.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk