Overview of our trip

Well I'm finally feeling better to post about my birthday trip. Thanks to everyone who answered all my questions, everyone was so friendly at camp too! I had to go catch a nasty cold literally the Sunday we got back to Wisconsin and it's still kicking my behind. My boyfriend is the best, he did all the overnight driving we drove down to Georgia the first day to stay with some friends but they moved during our time at Disney back to WI! So the way home was 18 hours straight through. Was certainly a long day. Our camp check in was Jan 31st Monday we spent the day at downtown Disney springs and checked out Disney Quest. Tuesday we went to Epcot which was great the only downside was some foreign teen sports group who were being rude about the fireworks seating yelling at us to sit down. Sitting down would mean me not seeing the fireworks/water works show through the bushes we were in front of. Basically they sucked and I tried to steer us away from them anytime we saw them walking around the park the entire trip.

Magic Kingdom was our second day and we focused on rides, I left my camera locked up in the car that day since I didn't want to deal with lockers. Thursday MGM (it will always be that to me plus it's less of a mouthful to say) Tower of Terror, never again. I think my boyfriend had a smile on his face the rest of the day with how much I screamed on that one. Big thunder mountain was scary enough for me as is.

Our last day was spent back at MK to play Sorcerers of the magic kingdom before park hopping over to Animal kingdom. Boyfriend forgot his magicband back at camp and I was so glad that it was easy enough to get a card through customer service so we didn't have to take the boat back to camp.

I had a ton of fun, I know he did too. It was also our first full week together as a couple after a year of being together. Since we usually only see each other every few days or so or over a weekend.  So it was great to see how each of us handles stress and we make a great team. Hopefully it leads to more adventures :)

IMG_7671-3_zpsfydd1hau.jpg

54 minutes ago, Beckers said:

Oh you got to meet baymax!! How exciting! 

Im sorry you got sick but at least it's when you got home and not during your trip. 

What at did you think of Disney quest? We've never been. 

I felt it was overpriced but it was a ton of fun! They lowered it to half price entry closer to closing time to get people in. I really wanted to see it because I didn't see us getting back there again to check it out before its gone. We both love video games and it was great to play a lot of our childhood favorites. The virtual reality stuff was really cool too, you don't really notice the dated graphics because you are too busy taking in everything else in those.

I'm glad you had fun on your trip.  Disney Quest,  an arcade on steroids, that's how the DH and I describe it. 

It's very easy to be sick the week after visiting the parks, all those people from all around  our country and from other countries too.  All bringing their own types of germs to share.

Sorry about the rude people, smart to avoid them.

6 hours ago, sherryberry said:

Glad you had a great trip! We were there the same time and Kenneth caught a bad cold while we were there. I wonder if you got the same one from Disney?

Whatever I got has been going around home for quite some time. Just Disney probably lowered my immunity being attacked on all fronts that I finally caught it. I usually get sick at least once every winter but had managed to avoid it up til now.