What to do in Destin Florida?

We have been there before but just for one night we went to the beach back to our condo and we're gone the next morning(we were on our way to disney and it's been  several years ago ) . So what is there fun to do in Destin if you were going to stay longer? Places you have to eat, see, and do.

Do you know what part of Destin? Most of my favorite things are towards or on 30a. 

In Destin, there are the beaches obviously. We like to eat at meal on the water at the Crab Trap. It's pricey. 

Renting a pontoon and heading out to Crab Island (really a sand bar) where lots of boats anchor is a fun day. 

Who will be in your group? That will help me with more ideas. 

19 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Looking at Camp Gulf. Me Dw and Dd 6 years old.

We stayed at Camp Gulf last spring break by ourselves and are going back this spring break with a bigger group. We actually only left the campground 1 time, and that was to go to a seafood market. Not sure what we did, I guess just hung out on the beach and at our camper.  Oh, we did do a little drive to a cute town and I'm drawing a blank on what it is called.

8 hours ago, CJHokie said:

We stayed at Camp Gulf last spring break by ourselves and are going back this spring break with a bigger group. We actually only left the campground 1 time, and that was to go to a seafood market. Not sure what we did, I guess just hung out on the beach and at our camper.  Oh, we did do a little drive to a cute town and I'm drawing a blank on what it is called.

Well must be a nice place if you stayed there the whole time plus your going back. Good to hear. 

You're a bit of a drive from Seaside, but you could check it out. 

There's The Track with some small rides and go carts. Z loves to ride shotgun. 

Eat at the Crab Trap for sure. There's a big playground and bar on the beach, so we actually like for there to be a bit of a wait. The food is good, but you obviously pay a premium for location. 

Honestly, we spend most of our time on the beach!

4 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

You're a bit of a drive from Seaside, but you could check it out. 

There's The Track with some small rides and go carts. Z loves to ride shotgun. 

Eat at the Crab Trap for sure. There's a big playground and bar on the beach, so we actually like for there to be a bit of a wait. The food is good, but you obviously pay a premium for location. 

Honestly, we spend most of our time on the beach!

Crab trap is already on the list of things to do, also was thinking about Margaritaville and I think there's a Harbor walk they call it. I thought about renting a boat and going to crab island but that I will decide once we're there. The main plan is camp and beach. 

55 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

Crab trap is already on the list of things to do, also was thinking about Margaritaville and I think there's a Harbor walk they call it. I thought about renting a boat and going to crab island but that I will decide once we're there. The main plan is camp and beach. 

Crab Island is a lot of fun. It's smart to wait because you want a pretty day. In the past, there was an inflatable slide and burger stand... Pretty cool to wade over and have a burger. I heard they were thinking about banning the overnight structures though. I hope they don't. There's a guy who drives a little boat around and sells ice cream. Z thinks that's super cool. We've been lucky enough to always share a boat with friends. 

14 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Crab Island is a lot of fun. It's smart to wait because you want a pretty day. In the past, there was an inflatable slide and burger stand... Pretty cool to wade over and have a burger. I heard they were thinking about banning the overnight structures though. I hope they don't. There's a guy who drives a little boat around and sells ice cream. Z thinks that's super cool. We've been lucky enough to always share a boat with friends. 

Sharing  a boat would be cool. If we did a boat I think we would only do half a day. I even thought about a 3 seater jet ski for 2 hours.

16 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Well must be a nice place if you stayed there the whole time plus your going back. Good to hear. 

You may have seen on the website, they have a big inflatable water slide. It was only inflated for one day of our stay. It says on the website that they charge a certain amount per ride or for unlimited rides, but they didn't charge that day. That was good because my boys were done after 2 or 3 times down. 

We didn't really do the pools either. It was a little chilly that week. One pool had a temporary shelter around it, and my husband walked in and said the chlorine smell was overwhelming.  The other pool was open but chilly.  

So basically we did beach and camper.  That was our first time at beaches that nice and now we are spoiled.

Oh, met 2 different very large groups camping there; one was from IN and had been coming every year for 15 years. The other was from all over (but the specific people we talked to were from Chicago) and they had been coming for 10 years.

5 hours ago, CJHokie said:

You may have seen on the website, they have a big inflatable water slide. It was only inflated for one day of our stay. It says on the website that they charge a certain amount per ride or for unlimited rides, but they didn't charge that day. That was good because my boys were done after 2 or 3 times down. 

We didn't really do the pools either. It was a little chilly that week. One pool had a temporary shelter around it, and my husband walked in and said the chlorine smell was overwhelming.  The other pool was open but chilly.  

So basically we did beach and camper.  That was our first time at beaches that nice and now we are spoiled.

Oh, met 2 different very large groups camping there; one was from IN and had been coming every year for 15 years. The other was from all over (but the specific people we talked to were from Chicago) and they had been coming for 10 years.

Good to know.