Ice Cream Bread/Cake

It's literally 2 ingredients for the base (plus whatever "stuff" you want to add). Can this possibly work??

Ice Cream Bread

Ice Cream Bread

Here’s what you will need:

For bread:
* 1 pint (2 cups) melted ice cream (you can use any ice cream, but low-fat & dairy-free ice cream do not work well)
* 1¼ cup self-rising flour

Optional:
* ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
* ¼ cup chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350˚F/ 175˚C.
2. Combine melted ice cream and self rising flour. Mix until well combined.
3. Add any additional sprinkles, chocolate chips, or goodies to the batter.
4. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with a nonstick spray.
5. Pour batter into a loaf pan (like the one seen in the video) and spread evenly.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes. (Baking times and temperatures may vary from oven to oven.)
7. Allow to cool fully before cutting.
8. Enjoy the easiest bread ever!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/clairenolan/this-2-ingredient-ice-cream-bread-is-everything-you-need-in#.pyQMbMXDp

I made this a couple of times few years ago and as I recall it was ok - good. I think it may depend on the type of ice cream as I made it with cheaper ice cream and I thought it lacked something. I didn't add anything to it like chips or sprinkles, though. I may need to try it again. 

2 hours ago, Beckers said:

I was googling for reviews and the one thing that seemed to be said was not to use low fat, low sugar ice cream. Needs to be the full fat yumminess lol.

i may try it as well especially considering I have a fiends coming this weekend.

2 hours ago, Seals said:

I made this a couple of times few years ago and as I recall it was ok - good. I think it may depend on the type of ice cream as I made it with cheaper ice cream and I thought it lacked something. I didn't add anything to it like chips or sprinkles, though. I may need to try it again. 

Good to know.  I'll make a note to go all out and get the Ben & Jerry's.  B)

47 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

It's in the oven. If the finished product tastes anywhere near as good as the batter we have a winner. (yes I licked the bowl)

Oh and I got the cinnamon roll Ben and Jerry's. 8)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

You are my hero Mo.

shop Rite was out of the Cinnamon roll ice cream :(

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

It's in the oven. If the finished product tastes anywhere near as good as the batter we have a winner. (yes I licked the bowl)

Oh and I got the cinnamon roll Ben and Jerry's. 8)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Pics please!! :)

It's not much to look at (ok and we already ate the ends off) but it's yummy!

It's not overly sweet (I didn't add any extra "stuff"), very light and fluffy but still moist. I'd call it somewhere between a cake and a bread - kind of like a fluffy muffin.  LOL

Considering how ridiculously easy it is to make, I'd say well worth making again.

6 hours ago, Beckers said:

Did the chunks of cinnamon goo of whatever it is in the ice cream melt intue bread or is there still chunks of yumminess ?

They melted a bit but are still kind of blobby cinnamon-y goodness.  However they make the bread look like it has the plague.  LOL

3 hours ago, Travisma said:

But you have to melt perfectly good ice cream! :(

Ah... that is true.  However it's winter here, not prime ice cream eating season, so I'm ok with that.  If you want to go all out, buy 2 pints and serve it with the frozen one on top.  B)

Now I'm dying to try this with other flavors. Weirdly enough Cumberland Farms has a great lemon meringue pie ice cream with chunks of lemon and graham cracker in it.  I'm thinking that may be the next experiment. Lemon Meringue Pie Ice Cream Cake Bread... it's all of the things!

7 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

They melted a bit but are still kind of blobby cinnamon-y goodness.  However they make the bread look like it has the plague.  LOL

Ah... that is true.  However it's winter here, not prime ice cream eating season, so I'm ok with that.  If you want to go all out, buy 2 pints and serve it with the frozen one on top.  B)

Now I'm dying to try this with other flavors. Weirdly enough Cumberland Farms has a great lemon meringue pie ice cream with chunks of lemon and graham cracker in it.  I'm thinking that may be the next experiment. Lemon Meringue Pie Ice Cream Cake Bread... it's all of the things!

That sounds good.  Publix every once in a while has a lemon ice cream.