Hello all, so excited to be here! Im new to this site but have used it, you guys are all so helpful!

We are headed to the Fort on Dec 31 for 11 days.

Anyways, I was only able to get a Preferred campsite and last time we went we stayed in 1300 loop. We are looking at 100 loop and we have a 37ft 5th wheel. Looking for advice on which site you guys would recommend. We were thinking 125. Also if you have any other advice about walk to the bus stop, noise level, etc it would be greatly appreciated!

Accepting any and all advice!

Thanks in advance! 

100/200  loops are probably the furthest from a bus stop since you need to use the Settlement stop but closest to the Marina for the MK boat. 1800 & 1900 would also be a walk to the bus. You would only need the bus for AK, HS and Epcot. We have never had a noise issue the times we were in 100.

WELCOME!

If it helps at all, check out this page which has maps, videos, Google Earth and a link to the Fort Fiends site app with all site specs and photos. (scroll down past the article listing)

Haven't stayed on 100 (we're usually in 300) but as far as noise, you will hear the fireworks from Magic Kingdom and the Electrical Water Pageant pretty loudly. While the bus stop is a bit of a walk as mentioned, the up side is that unless you're in the few sites that back up to the road, you shouldn't have a lot of bus noise.

We've stayed in the 100 loop, several times.  We like how close it is to the marina however... I will say that being that close can be very noisy as well, especially if the Fort is packed and the golf carts are filling the CG.  People park the carts at the marina and the crazies can get very loud when pulling in/out (horns, horns, horns...and yelling).  Also, the EWP is VERY loud in the 100 loop and if you are on the outside (sites 118-124) you'll hear the bus depot when sitting outside as well as the foot/bike/cart traffic on the path coming up from the Marina.

We do enjoy the 100 loop, but (in our opinion) if you want quiet in a preferred site... you may want to consider the far side of the 200 loop or the 300 loop.

As for size, I've seen some large rigs in the preferred sites.. in all three loops (100, 200 and 300) so Disney should be able to find you one that will fit.

3 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

We've stayed in the 100 loop, several times.  We like how close it is to the marina however... I will say that being that close can be very noisy as well, especially if the Fort is packed and the golf carts are filling the CG.  People park the carts at the marina and the crazies can get very loud when pulling in/out (horns, horns, horns...and yelling).  Also, the EWP is VERY loud in the 100 loop and if you are on the outside (sites 118-124) you'll hear the bus depot when sitting outside as well as the foot/bike/cart traffic on the path coming up from the Marina.

We do enjoy the 100 loop, but (in our opinion) if you want quiet in a preferred site... you may want to consider the far side of the 200 loop or the 300 loop.

As for size, I've seen some large rigs in the preferred sites.. in all three loops (100, 200 and 300) so Disney should be able to find you one that will fit.

Nacole, I walked past your site this past Christmas in the 100 loop (we were in the 200 loop).  You certainly were close to the marina and the Settlement (can't get much closer).  Actually, my wife and I were going to stop when we saw you there, but you and your husband were busy packing up to leave so we didn't want to interrupt.  In any case, we normally sty in the 200 loop, along the woods, and the EWP can be fairly loud as is the fireworks.  We can also hear the horns of the golf carts, but probably not to the degree you must have based on your previous location.  We love staying in the 200 loop.

Anyway, to the OP, I would suggest you request a site on the outside of the loop, not the inner group.  Those on the inside (the left side as you drive around the loop) are MUCH tighter in general than those on the outside.  There are some pretty big rigs that even make it on the inside, but I think you'll find the outside a bit easier. 

Sorry we missed you!!  Yes...packing up is always chaotic.  No one wants to leave :(   

I can't remember it was the December trip or Oct/Nov trip... but we rode our bikes by your site a couple of times with no luck.   Maybe we'll be able to catch you this year; we'll be in town mid-April and mid-October.

We were super close... we felt as though the EWP, was IN our site!

31 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Sorry we missed you!!  Yes...packing up is always chaotic.  No one wants to leave :(   

I can't remember it was the December trip or Oct/Nov trip... but we rode our bikes by your site a couple of times with no luck.   Maybe we'll be able to catch you this year; we'll be in town mid-April and mid-October.

We were super close... we felt as though the EWP, was IN our site!

We'll miss you in April, as we will be there in May for Mother's Day.  However, we do have reservations for October 13th - 19th for my wife's birthday and almost 1 year anniversary of her retiring from Disney. :)

On 2/23/2016 at 4:06 PM, djsamuel said:

We'll miss you in April, as we will be there in May for Mother's Day.  However, we do have reservations for October 13th - 19th for my wife's birthday and almost 1 year anniversary of her retiring from Disney. :)

Hopefully we'll catch you in October then... we should be there until the 16th. 

18 hours ago, Helmsey......Todd said:

You should extend it a couple days, we arrive the 15th :lol:

Wish we could.  It's hard for Tom to be away from the office, any longer than a week... so our trips this year need to be shorter.  Maybe we'll get lucky and see y'all the evening of the 15th :)    

3 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Wish we could.  It's hard for Tom to be away from the office, any longer than a week... so our trips this year need to be shorter.  Maybe we'll get lucky and see y'all the evening of the 15th :)    

We likely wont be in a park that afternoon, so maybe we can pull it off!

• 1 year later...

We have been in site 108 twice and love that spot - it's easy to back into and is angled so your facing the woods rather than a side of a neighbors RV. On our second trip we arrived a day earlier than original reservation and they put us over near 125 -that site was difficult to back into as the sites are packed in tight on that side of the loop. We were in a 27' travel trailer - perhaps a 5th wheel would have an easier time manuvering into that spot.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk