I purchased some 303 Aerospace Protectant for the tires and some exterior plastic trim.  I also have some slide spray for the motor/coils (what do you call them??) under the slide. Do I use this same stuff, for the motor/coils on the electric stabilizers??

On the rubber seals for the slide... I think I'm suppose to moisturize those.  What product should I use?

I'll rinse out the a/c filter.

I replaced the water filter and the pressure regulator. 

Am I missing anything??

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

I purchased some 303 Aerospace Protectant for the tires and some exterior plastic trim.  I also have some slide spray for the motor/coils (what do you call them??) under the slide. Do I use this same stuff, for the motor/coils on the electric stabilizers??

On the rubber seals for the slide... I think I'm suppose to moisturize those.  What product should I use?

I'll rinse out the a/c filter.

I replaced the water filter and the pressure regulator. 

Am I missing anything??

I use 303 on tires, black trim, and slide seals.

Make sure your spray for the slide motor\gears is "dry" and will not attract dirt. If that is the case you can also use that for your stab jacks.

I would add check\pack wheel bearing and adjust brakes :)

21 minutes ago, Helmsey......Todd said:

I use 303 on tires, black trim, and slide seals.

Make sure your spray for the slide motor\gears is "dry" and will not attract dirt. If that is the case you can also use that for your stab jacks.

I would add check\pack wheel bearing and adjust brakes :)

Any recommendations on a product for the motor/gears?

On the bearings and brakes... do you have to do this every year?  Our year is new (2015) with one camping season on it. 

On 2/26/2016 at 1:36 PM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

On the bearings and brakes... do you have to do this every year?  Our year is new (2015) with one camping season on it. 

The axle manufacturer most likely  says annually,  and I do all mine once a year too, but it's most likely overkill. I do it as an inspection, check the seals and adjust the brakes. If you keep the brakes tight and pump  a few shots of grease in every few months, you'll probably be ok. 

12 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

The axle manufacturer most likely  says annually,  and I do all mine once a year too, but it's most likely overkill. I do it as an inspection, check the seals and adjust the brakes. If you keep the brakes tight and pump  a few shots of grease in every few months, you'll probably be ok. 

Thank you. 

18 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

I agree annually is likely overkill but I like to know what the bearings look like. When we had our new axles installed I checked the bearing after getting home from the dealer and they were almost dry, I had to add a good amount of grease to all of them.

40 minutes ago, Helmsey......Todd said:

I agree annually is likely overkill but I like to know what the bearings look like. When we had our new axles installed I checked the bearing after getting home from the dealer and they were almost dry, I had to add a good amount of grease to all of them.

I need to learn how to do this.  If I remember correctly, the Jayco owner's manual said something like "easy lub axle"... something along those words. 

56 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

I need to learn how to do this.  If I remember correctly, the Jayco owner's manual said something like "easy lub axle"... something along those words. 

Look for a grease fitting on the cap.  You pump grease in and the old gets pushed out.  Lots of boat trailers have those.

Not a fan of the EZ Lube caps. The grease does get pushed out, and it also may ruin the seal, and where does the grease go? All over as you drive down the road. I take mine apart every 10,000 miles and grease them and check for wear. Any trailer specific place can do the bearings and brake adjustment and most are cheaper than a camper related place.

Best Regards,

Norm

3 hours ago, parrothead7368 aka Norm said:

Not a fan of the EZ Lube caps. The grease does get pushed out, and it also may ruin the seal, and where does the grease go? All over as you drive down the road. I take mine apart every 10,000 miles and grease them and check for wear. Any trailer specific place can do the bearings and brake adjustment and most are cheaper than a camper related place.

Best Regards,

Norm

Every 10.000 miles... that would (probably) be 5 or 6 years of camping for us...

• 3 months later...

I'll 2nd the break adjustment and repack the barrings every spring.  Its not that hard of a job maybe 2 hours.

I'd also add flushing out fresh water system and hot water tank.  We have a rubber roof so I get up and wash it after uncovering it and use a UV protestant conditioner on it.  I'd like to say I wash and wax the whole camper, but to be honest I wash all of it, and wax the front cap and when that done I'm usually ready for lunch and always say I'll come back after lunch and finish up but never do.  

I did find a guy who washes and waxes boats this spring and he did my whole camper for $150 (with 3 slides out).  Though when he was finished I got the feeling I wasn't getting that good of a deal next time.