July At the Fort

My main tip is:  Stay hydrated.  It will be hot.  If you're in a tent, bring a couple of fans.  Tent or RV:  try and come back for a rest in the afternoon.  You'll be able to rest, hydrate, cool off and head back out.  Have a magical trip!!

What Nacole said and I'll add plan for rain! Pick up some cheap ponchos (almost every store in FL sells them) that you can toss in a backpack or something to carry with you. Afternoon rain storms are almost an everyday occurrence and if you are prepared you can carry on with what you're doing and not be caught in the mad rush of people trying to buy overly priced flimsy ponchos in the parks. (I did get some nice reusable ponchos from the trading post one time, but paid more for one then I did 2 heavy duty ones with bags at walgreens.)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I prefer the dollar store ponchos because they're so small and most of the time, you pack them and don't need them. 

Agree with staying hydrated. All QS restaurants serve free ice water. Take advantage of that, or pack Power Aid in a backpack and ask for free ice to cool it down.

Wear light, breathable clothing.  Jeans, khakis, don't cut it, even jean shorts.  Pack a bunch of shirts, then pack even more.  Even if you don't sweat (glisten) at home, you will down here, or will get wet from rain. Lots of water, gator aid, to drink.  Cheap ponchos from Wal Mart, they are usually reusable though you will never get them back in their tiny bags.  Or get the ones from Dollar Tree, you might get 1 or 2 uses out of them.

If you are coming without a refrigerator, invest in at least 2 good ice chests. We have Coleman Extremes, about 1/10th the cost of a Yeti, but keeps stuff cold and frozen.  One is long term storage, the other is day to day stuff, and maybe even a 3rd just for drinks.

Not sure how crowded parks are, we have the Silver Passes with summer blackout dates.

We stayed over a week during 4th of July and had a great time, and we used tents and a PUP.