Renovations Coming to Fort Wilderness - 2100 Loop

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, you're right.  That is one fast Picture Thief! Good job, Picture Thief! Tell Denise and Ed TCD says Hi, and that they can come over here anytime if they'd like to get accurate informati

There's a shocker (not).  As TCD said, it wouldn't be the first time. Since the perpetrators are probably reading along... Hi there!!  We're so glad you find this site such a great source of

I vote fill it in and put up a Tiki bar!  

Posted Images

Just rode thru the 2100 loop yesterday.  Was difficult to go around as large trucks were blocking the way.  Looks like the cabins are being cleared of everything removeable.  All the pictures on the walls were outside leaning against trees.  Large containers were being filled with, brooms, mops, vacuum cleaners, etc.  Lots of red flags noting electrical line locations.

Is this the beginning of cabin removal??

We are here for 2 more days so will go thru today, if I can.

RonK

Just got back from my morning excursion. The 2100 loop is officially closed as you can see from my photo. Looks like equipment is being moved in.  What's interesting is that the 1100 loop is void of any campers except for a few sites closest to the entrance to the loop. 

Yep...going,going,gone.  They are tearing them out as I speak.  Foreman confirmed that campsites are going in, but he did say, "just this section"...I would guess that means the entire 2100 loop with mor construction elsewhere.

On 4/10/2016 at 1:41 PM, keith_h said:

DVC at Wilderness Lodge. They'll get more per night and can play on people nostalgia.

HA!  Too funny  :lol:    Maybe we shouldn't laugh too soon though!....  ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if they put a few along the lake near the BABH where the old cabin next to the old nature trail is.

4 hours ago, RonK said:

Just got back from my morning excursion. The 2100 loop is officially closed as you can see from my photo. Looks like equipment is being moved in.  What's interesting is that the 1100 loop is void of any campers except for a few sites closest to the entrance to the loop. 

Also welcome and thanks for the Fiend on the scene report  :ph34r:

Please let us know if they start trucking away any more cabins. If they are gutting them, it could be getting them ready to go, but it could also be getting them ready for new interiors.....

3 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Yep...going,going,gone.  They are tearing them out as I speak.  Foreman confirmed that campsites are going in, but he did say, "just this section"...I would guess that means the entire 2100 loop with mor construction elsewhere.

YAY!   More campsites is good. Unless you like the cabins, then BOO.....   ;)

I wish they would just build some more loops and cure the whole issue once and for all.  Hey Mo! Where's the old emoticon for "Beating a dead horse"?  :lol:

11 minutes ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

YAY!   More campsites is good. Unless you like the cabins, then BOO.....   ;)

I wish they would just build some more loops and cure the whole issue once and for all.  Hey Mo! Where's the old emoticon for "Beating a dead horse"?  :lol:

Me too, but when I had posted this same wish, Lou said that there are plenty of empty spaces on all the loops during the week, so until most sites are full 7 days a week, they will never think of adding more loops.

We were at WDW over the weekend, and it's funny seeing signs that hotel rooms are available and to call ....

Of course, what's available are probably the high end rooms for $500-600 a night.

We went to breakfast at Whispering Canyon yesterday morning.  I was shocked at how many parking spaces were available at Wilderness Lodge.  Usually you have to park at the far end of the lot, but there were spaces 1/4 of the way down from the entrance.

When we got inside, we saw why there were so many empty spaces.  They have 1/2 of the main lodge closed off.  All of the floors above the check in desk are blocked off.  Not sure if the wings on that side are open or not.

33 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Thanks for the update, NaCole!  Thanks also to sharing these to our FB page...

12472603_10209469213755139_2266071643042

13000266_10209469214395155_3568391638901

13007294_10209469215115173_6974086565972

7 hours ago, Travisma said:

Me too, but when I had posted this same wish, Lou said that there are plenty of empty spaces on all the loops during the week, so until most sites are full 7 days a week, they will never think of adding more loops.

We were at WDW over the weekend, and it's funny seeing signs that hotel rooms are available and to call ....

Of course, what's available are probably the high end rooms for $500-600 a night.

We went to breakfast at Whispering Canyon yesterday morning.  I was shocked at how many parking spaces were available at Wilderness Lodge.  Usually you have to park at the far end of the lot, but there were spaces 1/4 of the way down from the entrance.

When we got inside, we saw why there were so many empty spaces.  They have 1/2 of the main lodge closed off.  All of the floors above the check in desk are blocked off.  Not sure if the wings on that side are open or not.

Believe it or not Wilderness Lodge has some of the worst occupancy ratings on property. Rumored to be in the 40 to 60% range. One of the biggest reason more of the resort is being converted to DVC. I like it there but I have been curious and been able to find bookings for Christmas, New Years, Spring Break, etc. the week before quite a few times. Never would stay there. The room s are some the smallest for a deluxe resort on property. Probably part of the reason of the difficult bookings. 

Took another ride around and noticed that the 1100 and 2000 loops are void of any campers in the areas along the 2100 loop. Evidently they don't want folks being bothered with the sights and sounds of the cabin removal.

Looks like the porch removal is being done by pushing it over and then the wood is being loaded into a large dumpster.

21 hours ago, Travisma said:

When I did my site tour of WL they told us this is how they will be doing al the work planned. Closing off sections completely to try and minimize noise and visual impact on guests. At a glance from the lobby the scrims covering blend in with the walls where it's open. You had to actually look to realize it was a covering. 

10 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

When I did my site tour of WL they told us this is how they will be doing al the work planned. Closing off sections completely to try and minimize noise and visual impact on guests. At a glance from the lobby the scrims covering blend in with the walls where it's open. You had to actually look to realize it was a covering. 

They had removed the coverings off the windows at Whispering Canyon, but I didn't see anything outside that they might've been hiding, still just woods.

21 hours ago, Travisma said:

Yes, it does seem as though Disney doesn't see enough demand to build out.

I wonder if the Hotel industry in general plans for expansions based on their max demand or their minimum? Or do they average demand for rooms over a time period?

And if they have campsite openings so often during the week, why aren't they offering mid-week discounts?  

I do know enough about hotels that they would rather have a full room than an empty one and they will offer large discounts if that's what it takes to fill the room for the night.

Does that apply to campgrounds? Does that apply to Disney? Or does Disney exist in a market all by itself and the usual thinking doesn't apply to them?

Or are they so focused on building and selling DVC's that everything else is an afterthought?

I honestly don't know, just thinking out loud.....   Any HRTA people with Disney experience out there?

11 minutes ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

Yes, it does seem as though Disney doesn't see enough demand to build out.

I wonder if the Hotel industry in general plans for expansions based on their max demand or their minimum? Or do they average demand for rooms over a time period?

And if they have campsite openings so often during the week, why aren't they offering mid-week discounts?  

I do know enough about hotels that they would rather have a full room than an empty one and they will offer large discounts if that's what it takes to fill the room for the night.

Does that apply to campgrounds? Does that apply to Disney? Or does Disney exist in a market all by itself and the usual thinking doesn't apply to them?

Or are they so focused on building and selling DVC's that everything else is an afterthought?

I honestly don't know, just thinking out loud.....   Any HRTA people with Disney experience out there?

Not a big discount, but the sites are less expensive Sunday thru Thursday usually. 

8 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Not a big discount, but the sites are less expensive Sunday thru Thursday usually. 

That's true.  I guess I have always looked at it that they raised the prices on the weekends rather than lowered the mid-week price.

Does that make me a glass-is-half-empty person?   Probably!  :lol:

If Lou is right and there are still tons of sites open mid-week then the price difference/discount isn't filling the "rooms" like it should.

50 minutes ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

That's true.  I guess I have always looked at it that they raised the prices on the weekends rather than lowered the mid-week price.

Does that make me a glass-is-half-empty person?   Probably!  :lol:

If Lou is right and there are still tons of sites open mid-week then the price difference/discount isn't filling the "rooms" like it should.

True possibly.  When Lou straightened me out, it was almost a year ago, around the time they did away with the overbook then cancel loophole.  So maybe by now the sites are filling up during the week.