Renovations Coming to Fort Wilderness - 2100 Loop

On 4/25/2016 at 8:19 AM, Travisma said:

There is another picture showing the ones they already pulled sitting on the old runway.

I think this is the one you are talking about?  Looks like we are indeed getting a new camping loop  B)

At the very least this tells us that Disney recognizes (at least on some level) the need for new campsites.

FWCabins.jpg

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, you're right.  That is one fast Picture Thief! Good job, Picture Thief! Tell Denise and Ed TCD says Hi, and that they can come over here anytime if they'd like to get accurate informati

There's a shocker (not).  As TCD said, it wouldn't be the first time. Since the perpetrators are probably reading along... Hi there!!  We're so glad you find this site such a great source of

I vote fill it in and put up a Tiki bar!  

Posted Images

Another FB user has posted that allears.net stated that the 2100 loop will be converted to premium sites.

BUT take it with a grain of salt because they also said that new cement pads are being installed as the cabins are being removed.  But our fearless fiends said they were still there from the previous life as a camper loop..

Avatab...steve, I can't open the picture on my work pc and I have no cell service in the big concrete and steel tomb I'm working in.  The picture I saw was a cluster of cabins in the background with the monorail track in the foreground.

5 hours ago, Travisma said:

Another FB user has posted that allears.net stated that the 2100 loop will be converted to premium sites.

BUT take it with a grain of salt because they also said that new cement pads are being installed as the cabins are being removed.  But our fearless fiends said they were still there from the previous life as a camper loop..

Avatab...steve, I can't open the picture on my work pc and I have no cell service in the big concrete and steel tomb I'm working in.  The picture I saw was a cluster of cabins in the background with the monorail track in the foreground.

Yes, that's the one, posted over at the ILCAFW page.  There was also a mini-debate on whether these old cabins would be used as WL DVC cabins. It was pointed out that anyone that can afford the prices of the new WL DVC units will NOT be staying in 20 year old cabins leftover from the Fort.....   LOL

• 2 weeks later...

We looked at the 2100 loop this weekend.  They have the sites clearly ready for more concrete to make them premium type pads.  The forms are in place at many sites.  I do have a couple of pictures on my phone I'll have to post when I get the chance.  Also, the 100 loop was closed yesterday and they resealed the road surface today.

We looked at the 2100 loop this weekend.  They have the sites clearly ready for more concrete to make them premium type pads.  The forms are in place at many sites.  I do have a couple of pictures on my phone I'll have to post when I get the chance.  Also, the 100 loop was closed yesterday and they resealed the road surface today.

Thanks for the updates!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

That cement seems short for a Premium site... ?

4 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

I agree.

Me too.

The cabins were set on concrete pads, and it looks like this is just the existing pad.  It doesn't look like any prep work has been done to extend the pad in the back.  But, they might still be working on that- it doesn't look like the forms are all in place yet.

And it seems like most of those old cement stumps have been removed from the premium sites at the Fort.  If they do make these sites into premium sites, the existing pads will have to be extended in the back, and the utility hook-ups would need to be moved back from those old cement stumps too.

TCD

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

That cement seems short for a Premium site... ?

I was thinking the same thing.  The cement seems to come all of the way back like a premium, but the length seems to be more along the lines of a preferred/full hook up.  

5 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

I think that is the old pad and they are fixing to make it wider.

Same here. My guess is trying to increase the width to make it easier to pull in and out since some of  those old sites are pretty tight. If they were going to lengthen them I think they would have had the back area excavated so they could pour it all at once.

10th post on the first page I said that they were probably going to be full hookup sites, everywhere I had read said they were going to be this tier. I don't see them being preferred, there isn't really anything in the area to make them that, and premium would cost more money for the complete pad, plus anything else to make them wider.

Best Regards,

Norm

1 hour ago, parrothead7368 aka Norm said:

10th post on the first page I said that they were probably going to be full hookup sites, everywhere I had read said they were going to be this tier. I don't see them being preferred, there isn't really anything in the area to make them that, and premium would cost more money for the complete pad, plus anything else to make them wider.

Best Regards,

Norm

You did call it.

And, it is looking like you're right.  If they're not going to be premium, I don't see how they could get away with selling them as preferred.

If they are going to be classified as full, that will be a popular loop.  I wouldn't mind staying there.

TCD

8 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

You did call it.

And, it is looking like you're right.  If they're not going to be premium, I don't see how they could get away with selling them as preferred.

If they are going to be classified as full, that will be a popular loop.  I wouldn't mind staying there.

TCD

Next to the riff-raff in the 2000 loop? :lol:

48 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I thought they'd try to make this a premium loop, since 1100 is right next to it, and that's a premium loop.

TCD

I would hope it is a full hookup, (non pets) but.....

Do they have enough of the "old" picnic tables and grills to fill the loop.

Which is less expensive/less labor.... just pouring concrete to make them premium size, or pouring concrete to full hookup size, and setting border beams and filling a coquina pad.

I'm guessing they may have to redo the electric posts regardless. How long ago was this converted to cabins? Are there 50 Amp plugs on the posts? (I looked, my pictures I took years ago don't show the actual connections).