Renovations Coming to Fort Wilderness - 2100 Loop

From the Orlando Business Journal...

Disney begins renovations at Fort Wilderness, more

Walt Disney World's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground will undergo some renovations soon, according to new permits filed by the theme park.

General construction work will begin on more than 10 campground sites — with more than 40 lots each — at Fort Wilderness. The type of renovation work was not revealed, but typical work at Disney's resorts include upkeep of utilities, design and regular maintenance.

The general contractor on that work is CEC General Contractors Inc. from Lake Buena Vista.

Other permits filed by the theme park include improvements to cast/employee parking lots at Disney's Yacht Club, Disney's Beach Club, Disney Springs, Wilderness Lodge and the Grand Floridian, among others.

Here are the permits with a closer look at the work Disney will perform at Fort Wilderness.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2016/03/disney-begins-renovations-at-fort-wilderness-more.html?ana=RSS%26s%3Darticle_search&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bizj_orlando+%28Orlando+Business+Journal%29

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, you're right.  That is one fast Picture Thief! Good job, Picture Thief! Tell Denise and Ed TCD says Hi, and that they can come over here anytime if they'd like to get accurate informati

There's a shocker (not).  As TCD said, it wouldn't be the first time. Since the perpetrators are probably reading along... Hi there!!  We're so glad you find this site such a great source of

I vote fill it in and put up a Tiki bar!  

Posted Images

I was thinking the same thing, although until now I hadn't heard anything new.

The 2100 loop being featured first in the permits does lead one to believe that it might be happening.  Or as the story says, it might just be routine maintenance.

Let's hope it's work to make more campsites in 2100  B)

I am kind of hoping they leave 2100 as cabins. I have families that some are campers and some stay in the cabins. I can request the 2100 for the cabin people and the 1100 for the campers and they are close by each other. 

Wonder if if they were includ d in whatever permits were pulled for the rest of the cabins or if they are just now pulling for the same work in this loop. 

Good question Jason. I guess we'll find out when the work starts and we either see pictures of Cabins being loaded onto flatbeds, or worker bees ripping out cabin interiors for the upgrades.....

If they start doing any work on the old Comfort Station, that will also be a big sign that the rumors were true.

I don't think there is any chance of Disney pulling those cabins out to make camping sites.  There are too many other places they could add campsites.  I don't know what about the 2100 loop location that would make it a preferred area.  I think it is just 2100's time for cabin updates.  

I agree that there is nothing "preferred" about 2100, if it's going to convert I'd expect it to become either Full or Partial (please, no more Premiums!). I have never seen the cabins even 1/10 full, so it seems to make perfect sense to me, but I don't go during the summer. Do the cabins ever get full (even full-ish)?

9 minutes ago, Santa ... Shannon said:

I agree that there is nothing "preferred" about 2100, if it's going to convert I'd expect it to become either Full or Partial (please, no more Premiums!). I have never seen the cabins even 1/10 full, so it seems to make perfect sense to me, but I don't go during the summer. Do the cabins ever get full (even full-ish)?

Cabins tend to be full or near full at major holidays. Halloween, Christmas - New Years.

On 3/31/2016 at 6:13 PM, parrothead7368 aka Norm said:

I think they are going to be Full tiered, and they're probably the easiest and quickest to convert since the wiring and water are already there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly the 2100 loop is the only cabin loop that was originally a camping loop, including it's own comfort station, now being used by mousekeeping.

On 4/2/2016 at 9:48 PM, disneylitch......Debbie said:

I would love to see more full hook up sites.  We usually stay 2 to 3 weeks and the savings for a full hook up is substantial.  The sand/crushed shells don't bother us.

I agree, the spiffy new tables and grills are nice but not really worth the price difference, especially for longer stays.

On 4/2/2016 at 4:15 PM, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

The sand pads in the back of the site don't bother us I just wish the full hook-ups had the extra concrete down the side.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The sand/shells also don't bother us at all, but I agree it would be nice to have some more room on the sides of the pads. I also like the extra bits they added to the front to make it easier to back in and pull out.   

14 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Mouse keepers have been saying 2100 is being switched to campsites. One cabin has already been removed.

And they would know since they would have to clear most of their supplies out of the old comfort station.  

Are you at the Fort now? Have you seen any moves toward fixing up the CS? I'm assuming they would need to do the same renovation to it as the others to bring it up to standards, (maybe I shouldn't assume things where the Fort is concerned... ;)  )

9 minutes ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

And they would know since they would have to clear most of their supplies out of the old comfort station.  

Are you at the Fort now? Have you seen any moves toward fixing up the CS? I'm assuming they would need to do the same renovation to it as the others to bring it up to standards, (maybe I shouldn't assume things where the Fort is concerned... ;)  )

It's also very possible they won't open the comfort station back up. There is one in 1100 Loop with a sidewalk into 2100 Loop.

Congrats on the 3000 posts Maryann.

Like Carol said if there's a walkway to a loop with a CS they may not open the old one, or may wait to redo it till after the loop is open, especially if it's going to be a premium. It will be nice to have a new loop but doubt it will make much difference in site availability, maybe during the fall?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, disneylitch......Debbie said:

Now, how can we buy the cabins???

HA! That was my first thought too when I heard this.  I wonder what Disney will do with them?  I could see one in my backyard  B)

Of course that's assuming they are actually going to remove them all, I don't think we have gotten any reports besides the one cabin removed so far.

keep your eyes on Ebay........ :lol: