Mass exodus from MK after fireworks [emoji312]

After parades and fireworks when there are large masses of people leaving the park... What are your tips/strategies? Is it even as bad as I read? Would you walk to Contemporary to get the ferry back to the Fort? Or not necessary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can be busy after the fireworks, but I have never found it to be bad at all.  We usually view the fireworks fairly close to the castle at the begining of the cirle and when they are done we just slowly work our way with the crowds back towards the exit.  If you have smaller children it is best to hold on to them as they can become a little lost in the crowd.

As for the boat back to the fort we have always just caught it at the MK and have not had to wait too long.  The have more boats running from the MK to the Fort than from the Contemporary to the Fort in my opinion. 

You should be fine.  The only time it was crazy for us was at New Years 2000!

Welcome,  Not sure what you have read but but yes it can be a mad house and before they finished the hub area a little scary with so many people packed into a small area.  We normally hang out for an hour or so and watch the castle lights or shop a little to let the crowds thin some. If we had to leave right away I would just go with the masses and take the boat from MK back to the fort.  The boats from the Contemporary are a lot smaller.  By the time you walk over and wait in line there you will save little to no time and it is a long walk at the end of the day.   

1 hour ago, Memphis said:

We normally hang out for an hour or so and watch the castle lights or shop a little to let the crowds thin some. If we had to leave right away I would just go with the masses and take the boat from MK back to the fort.  The boats from the Contemporary are a lot smaller.  By the time you walk over and wait in line there you will save little to no time and it is a long walk at the end of the day.   

Ditto!  We usually hang back, grab a seat or a snack or shop a little, and wait until the crowds have mostly cleared.

Welcome to Fort Fiends!

2 hours ago, Memphis said:

Welcome,  Not sure what you have read but but yes it can be a mad house and before they finished the hub area a little scary with so many people packed into a small area.  We normally hang out for an hour or so and watch the castle lights or shop a little to let the crowds thin some. If we had to leave right away I would just go with the masses and take the boat from MK back to the fort.  The boats from the Contemporary are a lot smaller.  By the time you walk over and wait in line there you will save little to no time and it is a long walk at the end of the day.   

That's also what we do.  Or we head to the dock before the fireworks are over.

Welcome

As far as the boats go they are usually very good about running extra boats after the fireworks when the crowds are bad. As far as getting out of the park we usually wait till crowds thin or just go with the flow.

Just don't try to enter the park just before or after parade or fireworks time. Have made that mistake more times then I care to admit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Or walk to the Contemporary, depending on the time of the fireworks you may be able to catch the EWP while you wait on the launch to the Fort. Also that's an option if the cruisers at the MK look backed up. Though it is a bit of a walk and you'd probably get back to the Fort faster waiting on a cruiser from the MK, but an option if you just don't want to stand in line anymore and don't mind the walk.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk