1st Trip to the Fort!

We got up the next morning around 8 and it took us a couple hours for everyone to get moving.  We did get moving and went to Animal Kingdom.  The kids like the Wilderness Explorers and it makes a good free souvenir!  Our younger son loves dinosaurs so he loved the rides in that area.  Our older boy loves Expedition Everest and  would do nothing but ride it all day long.  We had Fast Passes for Kilimanjaro Safaris, Expedition Everest and DINOSAUR.  We use the stroller swap and the fast passes so it works out well for the kids getting to do the rides twice.  We packed our lunch and found a spot that was not very busy and had some lunch.

26459429312_49dddd1ae6_c.jpg

Our older daughter had a break down while we were working on a wilderness explorer task.  The cast member gave us a little magic that saved her day.  She was in complete meltdown mode and the cast member knelt down and started talking to her.  At first nothing seemed to change but she didn't give up.  She saw my daughter looking at a pin she had and right away offered her the pin!  It is just a little thing but to a little girl getting a pin of her favorite character and having that individual attention for those few minutes really made her day.  She had to have the pin on immediately and would look at it all the rest of the day.  Here she is with her pin.

26551907815_bbffa19b79_m.jpg

We went back to the fort after the Animal Kingdom closed and cooked some dinner.  We grilled some sliced pork loins for sandwiches and just enjoyed hanging out in the nice Florida weather!  We made it an early night and got ready for epcot the next day.

Love the story about the cast member.  If you remember her name and want to, write a note to Disney about your little one's experience.  It will go in their records.

In the photo of your family leaving MK looked like everyone was awake except maybe the littlest one.  And next day up by 8am good going guys!!

I liked the fireworks pic too, like you are above the crowd.

I lucked out with the spot I got to watch the fireworks.  Our older daughter started fussing that she had to go to the bathroom so we ran to one and as we were heading back to find the rest of the family the fireworks started.  We were walking looking for them and decided that we would just find them after the show and there was this little clearing in the crowd.  I just stood in the back of that clearing and had a good view for the pictures.  All the pictures are taken looking through the camera because we have not played with it enough to have the screen show the pictures yet.

After the fireworks we ended up only being about 10 feet in front of the rest of the family but with the lighting down we couldn't see each other.