From WDWMagic...

Fulton's Crab House at Disney Springs is now closed for refurbishment and will reopen in the fall with a new name - Paddlefish.

Along with a new name, the Levy Restaurant's seafood restaurant will have a remodel throughout, with new decor, a rooftop lounge and an outdoor bar. The interior decor will take on the theme of modern yachting.

Paddefish is expected to reopen in the fall of 2016.

Article Posted: Apr 25, 2016 / 8:28am EDT

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/fultons-crab-house/news/25apr2016-fultons-crab-house-to-reopen-in-the-fall-as-paddlefish.htm

My daughter had her wedding rehearsal dinner there two years ago.  The food was very good, but the restaurant was looking very worn.  Glad to see the renovation.  That is where my wife and I had our "splurge" dinner on our honeymoon back in 1984.  At the time, it was Empress Lilly.

4 hours ago, djsamuel said:

My daughter had her wedding rehearsal dinner there two years ago.  The food was very good, but the restaurant was looking very worn.  Glad to see the renovation.  That is where my wife and I had our "splurge" dinner on our honeymoon back in 1984.  At the time, it was Empress Lilly.

Named in honor of Walt's wife, Lillian.

• 8 months later...

The Paddlefish website has been updated with an opening date (February 4th) and menus:

http://www.paddlefishrestaurant.com/about/our-story

http://www.paddlefishrestaurant.com/menus/dinner-menu

http://www.paddlefishrestaurant.com/menus/lunch-menu

In keeping with the Disney Springs pricing structure, it looks like this will be another place where you will be spending $40-ish for fish and $50-ish for a steak.  And it's extra if you want any sides.

As far as I can see, all of these overpriced eateries are doing fine, so more power to them.  But, you won't see me there.

TCD

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The Paddlefish website has been updated with an opening date (February 4th) and menus:

http://www.paddlefishrestaurant.com/about/our-story

http://www.paddlefishrestaurant.com/menus/dinner-menu

http://www.paddlefishrestaurant.com/menus/lunch-menu

In keeping with the Disney Springs pricing structure, it looks like this will be another place where you will be spending $40-ish for fish and $50-ish for a steak.  And it's extra if you want any sides.

As far as I can see, all of these overpriced eateries are doing fine, so more power to them.  But, you won't see me there.

TCD

Unfortunately for us stuck in the middle of the country. That's about average for what we would pay for a nice seafood meal.  (Except the catfish.  all you can eat catfish for $14.99)

Fresh, affordable seafood is one thing I'm envious of y'all that live on the coast. 

17 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Unfortunately for us stuck in the middle of the country. That's about average for what we would pay for a nice seafood meal.  (Except the catfish.  all you can eat catfish for $14.99)

Fresh, affordable seafood is one thing I'm envious of y'all that live on the coast. 

The Disney Springs prices are out of whack for central Florida.

For example, Bern's Steakhouse is one of the best, if not the best, steak place in Tampa.  You will pay around $50 for a steak dinner there.  But, that price includes a salad and baked potato and vegetable with your steak- all top notch, world-class food.  Plus first class service.  It's nuts to me that a place on the level of Outback Steakhouse is charging $50 for a steak at Disney Springs.  But people are paying it, so what do I know?

TCD

The Disney Parks Blog posted an article about Paddlefish yesterday: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/01/paddlefish-set-to-open-feb-4-at-disney-springs-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

The article confirms the February 4th opening date.

It says that they spent multi-millions on the transformation.

Millions!

It also answers a question I had about who owns and operates the restaurant.  It's the Levy Restaurant Group- the same operator of Fulton's Crab House.  This group also operates the Portobello Italian restaurant and Wolfgang Pucks locations at Disney Springs.

It's amazing to me how much money has been poured in to Disney Springs.

TCD

8 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The Disney Springs prices are out of whack for central Florida.

For example, Bern's Steakhouse is one of the best, if not the best, steak place in Tampa.  You will pay around $50 for a steak dinner there.  But, that price includes a salad and baked potato and vegetable with your steak- all top notch, world-class food.  Plus first class service.  It's nuts to me that a place on the level of Outback Steakhouse is charging $50 for a steak at Disney Springs.  But people are paying it, so what do I know?

TCD

$50 at Outback!!!

thats crazy!

we have the best steakhouse in the USA right here in Oklahoma City...cattlemen's.  It's in the historic stockyards just south of downtown  

Its been featured on the food channel many times and visited by presidents and vips from all over the world  

Its not one of those steakhouses were they bring you a steak with a fancy sauce on it. It's just great beef cooked to perfection. 

But anyways. You can get a 16+ oz t-bone   Or rib eye steak with all the fixings for about $26.00 or $27.00 

12 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

$50 at Outback!!!

thats crazy!

we have the best steakhouse in the USA right here in Oklahoma City...cattlemen's.  It's in the historic stockyards just south of downtown  

Its been featured on the food channel many times and visited by presidents and vips from all over the world  

Its not one of those steakhouses were they bring you a steak with a fancy sauce on it. It's just great beef cooked to perfection. 

But anyways. You can get a 16+ oz t-bone   Or rib eye steak with all the fixings for about $26.00 or $27.00 

Wow- that sounds like a great deal.

I went to a place that sounds like that one time when I was in Nebraska.  It was one of the best steaks I've ever had.

There are a lot of places at Disney where I steak will cost you north of $50.  It's nuts, because the quality isn't there, and the service in Disney restaurants has never been that great. But, if people are willing to pay it,  I can't blame Disney and their operating partners for charging those prices.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Wow- that sounds like a great deal.

I went to a place that sounds like that one time when I was in Nebraska.  It was one of the best steaks I've ever had.

There are a lot of places at Disney where I steak will cost you north of $50.  It's nuts, because the quality isn't there, and the service in Disney restaurants has never been that great. But, if people are willing to pay it,  I can't blame Disney and their operating partners for charging those prices.

TCD

Anything even remotely related to Disney now a days demands a 30 to 40% automatic mark up just because of the name and mystique!

Sooner or later as service declines and prices keep rising it's gonna bite them in the butt.  

But people have been saying that for years and they keep jacking up the prices and lowering their standards.

40 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Anything even remotely related to Disney now a days demands a 30 to 40% automatic mark up just because of the name and mystique!

Sooner or later as service declines and prices keep rising it's gonna bite them in the butt.  

But people have been saying that for years and they keep jacking up the prices and lowering their standards.

I am one of the ones who has been saying for years that their ever rising prices and ever declining quality will catch up to them one day- but so far, they've avoided that.

Disney Springs truly amazes me.  It's astonishing how many restaurants they have added there (with more on the way!). And they are all charging theme park prices plus.  I can't believe that there are enough customers to support them. 

This Disney Springs experiment is just starting.  It will be interesting to see how this place looks a year from now.

TCD

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I am one of the ones who has been saying for years that their ever rising prices and ever declining quality will catch up to them one day- but so far, they've avoided that.

Disney Springs truly amazes me.  It's astonishing how many restaurants they have added there (with more on the way!). And they are all charging theme park prices plus.  I can't believe that there are enough customers to support them. 

This Disney Springs experiment is just starting.  It will be interesting to see how this place looks a year from now.

TCD

Maybe it'll be a success. 

People can get the Disney feel (and exhorbitant prices) without having to pay park admission

5 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

$50 at Outback!!!

thats crazy!

We agree about the Cattlemens in Oklahoma City.  Great place, good prices.  We especially liked the "parking lot shuttle".  BTW, the Western/Cowboy museum in Oklahoma City is first-rate as well.

Harris Ranch Restaurant on I-5 in California is like that. All of their beef is prime cuts from the ranch itself and the folks know how to prepare it. I don't know what prices are today but way back when we lived there you could get their 16 oz oak smoked prime rib for under $20 and their steaks ran from just under $20 to $30. We use to try to stop by on our way down to SoCal or on our way back home to NorCal.

Me too!! We can't use our grill at the apartment, and the clubhouse with the grills is just far enough away that it's not worth it! We haven't grilled out since the 1st part of December!! We're not eating out hardly any either, saving our coins to get toys for the new house.

Since we're name places. If your ever on I-40 going thru Amarillo. Stop at the big Texan. It's the place that advertises up and down I-40 their 72 oz steak. If you can eat it and all the sides in 1 hour it's free.  It's definitely a tourist place but they have great food and atmosphere.   We always eat there when we are in Amarillo. If you call the restaurant, they will send a Cadillac with Texas longhorns on the front to pick you up. And it's free. 

On 1/28/2017 at 9:07 AM, h2odivers...Ray said:

Since we're name places. If your ever on I-40 going thru Amarillo. Stop at the big Texan. It's the place that advertises up and down I-40 their 72 oz steak. If you can eat it and all the sides in 1 hour it's free.  It's definitely a tourist place but they have great food and atmosphere.   We always eat there when we are in Amarillo. If you call the restaurant, they will send a Cadillac with Texas longhorns on the front to pick you up. And it's free. 

I love the Big Texan!  I have been there a few times and it is always good!

They are opening Feb 4th.  The restaurant has already released it's menu.  Here are the details.  Thanks to chipandco.com for the information.

http://www.chipandco.com/paddlefish-disney-springs-unveils-new-menu-ahead-february-4th-opening-258357/

Disney foodies will be pleased to know that we are only one week away from the hotly anticipated opening of Paddlefish over at Disney Springs. This new seafood eatery will take over the space (or should I say riverboat) once occupied by Fulton’s Crab House and is slated to open on Saturday, February 4, 2017.

The 760 seat restaurant has undergone a multi-million dollar refurbishment including a new interior and exterior giving the feel of a modern yacht experience. Starting next week, the restaurant will be wowing diners for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch.  Executive Chef Mark Boor is at the helm as the restaurant promises to serve up a delectable showcase of fresh seafood, fresh fish as well as some of the dishes that patrons of Fulton’s Crab House have come to know and love.  In preparation for the opening next week, Paddlefish has released details of the full menu which is bound to capture the attention and tantalize the tastebuds of Disney-bound seafood lovers.  For those planning on paying Paddlefish a visit in the weeks ahead here’s a rundown of what you can expect to find on offer.

Disney Springs

Lunch Menu 

Starters

• Crab Cake– Maque choux, fried green tomato remoulade $18
  • Beef Skewers – Garlic mojo, hazelnut romesco, pickled onions $13
  • Point Judith Calamari – Shishito, carambola, peppadew piri piri $14
  • Crab Fries – Hand cut potatoes, lump blue crab, Louie dressing $13
  • Fried Green Tomatoes – Elote, pickled watermelon, queso fresco, remoulade $9
  • Lobster Corn Dogs – Sweet chili aioli $15

Soup & Salad

• New England Clam Chowder – Bacon, potatoes, cream $6 (cup) $9 (bowl)
  • Conch Chowder – Bahamian conch, spiced tomato broth $6 (cup) $9 (bowl)
  • Green Salad – Baby gem, cucumber, toybox heriloom tomatoes, red onion, Asian pear, yuzu $12/$9
  • Caesar Salad – Romaine hearts, sourdough crouton, white anchovy $11/$8
  • Wheat Berry Salad – Farmer’s market vegetables, argula, lemon vinaigrette $14/$11

*Add chicken $3 *Add Shrimp $4 *Add salmon $7

Sandwiches

• Lobster Roll – (pictured) 1 1/4 Main lobster, butter, split top bun $31
  • Crab Cake “BLT“- Applewood bacon, Tillamook cheddar, gem lettuce, beefsteak tomato, mustard sauce, ciabatta $20
  • Floridian Chicken Salad – Papaya, mango, pineapple, pecans, red onion, celery, honey wheat bread $12
  • Fried Clam Roll – Ipswich whole bellies, lemon-caper aioli, pickles, split top bun $16
  • The Burger – 9 ounce proprietary blend, house made pickles, red onion, pimento cheese, brioche $19

Chilled & Raw Seafood

• Tableside Lobster Guacamole – Main lobster, tortilla planks, tajin $28 (serves 4)
  • Ahi Poke – Sweet black soy, yuzu, avocado, radish, Asian pickle $16
  • Hamachi Crudo – Blood orange, lime, chili, jicama, aji panca $16
  • Tower – Dutch Harbor King crab, jumbo Gulf shrimp, market fresh oysters, lump crab ceviche, Ahi tuna poke $70 (serves 4)
  • Market Fresh Oysters – Champagne- cucumber mignonette, cocktail sauce $20 (half dozen)

Crab & Lobster 

• King Crab – Dutch Harbor MKT (DD +22)
  • Snow Crab – Gulf of St. Lawrence, Canada MKT
  • Maine Lobster – 1 1/4 pound MKT (DD + 17)

Main 

• Petite Filet Mignon – 6 ounce, hand cut fries $39
  • Half Chicken – Carolina mop sauce, edamame-smoked bacon succotash, pickled watermelon $27
  • Fish & Chips – Atlantic Halibut, 1-4 IPA, sweet potato fries, malt vinegar aioli $33
  • Catfish – Blue cornmeal, edamame-smoked bacon succotash, creole mustard, pickled watermelon $25
  • Faroe Island Salmon – Crispy skin, heirloom beets, kohlrabi-green apple salad $34
  • Clams Sofrito – Cedar Key littlenecks, sofrito, tomatillo, chipotle butter, linguini $26
  • Roots & Shoots – Seasonal market vegetables, grilled tofu, yellow curry broth $18

Paddlefish Menu

Dinner Menu 

Starters

• Crab Cake– Maque choux, fried green tomato remoulade $18
  • Beef Skewers – Garlic mojo, hazelnut romesco, pickled onions $13
  • Stuffed Clams- Portuguese chourico, red pepper, smoked paprika $13
  • Maine Mussels – Yellow curry, cilantro, grilled breads $15
  • Charred Octopus – Cannellini bean, chourico, smoked paprika oil $15
  • Point Judith Calamari – Shishito, carambola, peppadew piri piri $14
  • Crab Fries – Hand cut potatoes, lump blue crab, Louie dressing $13
  • Bacon & Egg – Braised Kurbuta pork belly, panko crusted 5 minute egg $12
  • Fried Green Tomatoes – Elote pickled watermelon, queso fresco, remoulade $9
  • Lobster Corn Dogs – Sweet chili aioli $15

Soup & Salad

• New England Clam Chowder – Bacon, potatoes, cream $6 (cup) $9 (bowl)
  • Conch Chowder – Bahamian conch, psiced tomato broth $6 (cup) $9 (bowl)
  • Green Salad – Baby gem, cucumber, toybox heriloom tomatoes, red onion, Asian pear, yuzu $12/$9
  • Caesar Salad – Romaine hearts, sourdough crouton, white anchovy $11/$8
  • Wheat Berry Salad – Farmer’s market vegetables, arugula, lemon vinaigrette $14/$11

*Add chicken $3 *Add Shrimp $4 *Add salmon $7

Chilled & Raw Seafood

• Tableside Lobster Guacamole – Main lobster, tortilla planks, tajin $28 (serves 4)
  • Ahi Poke – Sweet black soy, yuzu, avocado, radish, Asian pickle $16
  • Hamachi Crudo – Blood orange, lime, chili, jicama, aji panca $16
  • Tower – Dutch Harbor King crab, jumbo Gulf shrimp, market fresh oysters, lump crab ceviche, Ahi tuna poke $70 (serves 4)
  • Market Fresh Oysters – Champagne- cucumber mignonette, cocktail sauce $20 (half dozen)

Crab & Lobster 

• King Crab – Dutch Harbor MKT (DD +22)
  • Snow Crab – Gulf of St. Lawrence, Canada MKT
  • Maine Lobster – 1 1/4 pound MKT (DD + 17)

From the Port 

• Scallops – (pictured) Brown butter, cauliflower puree, crispy Brussels sprouts, bacon $34
  • Fish & Chips – Altantic halibut, 1-4 IPA, sweet potato fries, malt vinegar aioli $33
  • Faroe Island Salmon – Crispy skin, heirloom beets, kohlrabi-green apple salad $34
  • Sea Bass – Coconut milk, crab broth, tomato, pepper, ginger $42
  • Black Cod En Papilliote – Heirloom tomato, shitake, spaghetti squash, uni butter $38
  • Hawaiian Opah – Macadamia nut crust, red curry, crab fried rice $38
  • Catfish – Blue cornmeal, edamame-smoked bacon succotash, creole mustard, pickled watermelon $25
  • Branzino for 2 – Salt crusted whole fish, lemon parsley vinaigrette, carved tableside $61
  • Clams Sofrito – Cedar Key littlenecks, sofrito, tomatillo, chipotle butter, linguine $26
  • Lobster Risotto – Poached Maine lobster, saffron, Meyer lemon oil $36
  • Jambalaya – Gulf shrimp, Andouille, chicken, crawfish, popcorn rice $34

From the Land

• New York Strip – 14 ounce bone-in, 28 day dry aged cauliflower puree $49
  • Filet Mignon – 10 ounce, hand cut fries $47
  • Petite Filet Mignon – 6 ounce, hand cut fries $39
  • 18 Hour Braised Short Rib – Crab mashed potatoes, crispy Brussels sprouts $48
  • Colorado Lamb Tenderloin – Moroccan spices, young chickpeas, Israeli cous cous, saffron-harissa broth $45
  • Half Chicken – Carolina mop sauce, edamame-smoked bacon succotash, pickled watermelon $27
  • Kurobuta Pork 2 Ways – 48 hour brined chop, crispy belly, blistered green beans, applesauce $35
  • Roots & Shoots – Seasonal market vegetables, grilled tofu, yellow curry broth $18

Paddlefish Brunch

Brunch 

• Crab & Asparagus Benedict – 2 poached eggs, jumbo lump crab, asparagus, grilled Nueske bacon slab, smoked trout roe challah, lobster infused hollandaise sauce $23
  • Monte Cristo – French toast, ham, Applewood bacon, egg, Swiss cheese, fresh berry compote, maple syrup $16
  • Corned Beef Hash – House smoked corned beef, red skin potatoes, caramelized onions, bell peppers, poached eff $16
  • New Orleans BBQ Shrimp – (pictured) Crispy 5 minute egg, buttermilk biscuit, spicy black pepper butter sauce $20
  • Breakfast Burger – 9 ounce proprietary blend, fried egg, hash browns, candied bacon, cheddar cheese, sweet onion, jam, shredded lettuce, tomato, brioche $22

Late Night and Beverage Menus can be found online at paddlefishrestaurant.com as well as a Wine List.

Paddlefish is not yet open for reservations either through their website or at disneyworld.com.  Readers should check back for further details on how to book your table at this exciting new Disney Springs eatery.

Those on the Disney Dining Plan should also note that Paddlefish is not currently registered as a participant.

photos and article credit: chipandco.com

On 1/27/2017 at 9:20 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

It says that they spent multi-millions on the transformation.

Millions!

TCD

I can see why it cost millions.  My daughter had her wedding rehearsal dinner at Fultons in April 2014.  I was shocked at how worn the restaurant had become, as we had not been there as Fulton's, only as Empress Lilly.  My wife and I ate there on our honeymoon in 1984 and it didn't look like there was a major refurbishment in all that time.  I will say it looks nice, and it is great to see the paddlewheel back in place (as well as the stacks).  It really looked bad with it missing all of those years.

Last Friday it looked like they were doing a lot of final work as well as having the employees in there to get trained.