(New Members here) Visiting FW May 1-7.  I've heard there is construction going on, is this true, if so anyone know what loops/areas are affected (We will be staying in a premium site)?  Also, where can I get schedules  for the MK fireworks, the water pageant, and campfire movies?

At some campgrounds we have difficulty fitting our camper in a site,  ours is fairly large (42ft),  The inability to select site has me a little concerned, how is site selection handled especially if we can't fit in a site?  

The grandparents will be staying with us as well is there overflow parking available?

thanks

Welcome!!

The construction is in the 2100 cabin loop. At one point they had the adjacent camping loop blocked off, but the impact of that should be minimal.

You can snag schedules for everything when you check in - they should be included in your welcome packet, but take a peek and ask if you don't see them in there and they'll give them to you.

The premium loops/sites are setup for bigger campers and motorhomes, so you should be fine.  If for some reason you can't get into the particular site you're assigned, call the front desk and let them know and they'll reassign you.  You can also confirm the length of the site you're assigned with the CM checking you in.  They have all that info in their "magical book of campsites."  :)

I also usually have the Fort Fiends mobile app up on my phone when we check in so that I can scope out the specs before we pull out of the check-in area.  It's saved us a couple of times. Info and links to the app are on this page...

(scroll down past the article listings)

We were just there with our 40' fifth wheel and 20' truck. First site assigned to us was 35' long from road to trees behind the pavement. Called front desk and gave them our lengths and number of slides. Second site given was 42'. Called again this time they assigned us a 76' site when we got there the back corner of the site was cut at an angle because of the canal and the grill would have been just a few feet from our back slide. 4th site was finally big enough to fit the camper.

My advice do what Jason said, check the app before you pull too far away from check in, and if it's still not good call them back. We ended up going thru 4 loops with our monster because we assumed the front desk had the measurements of sites right.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk