"Flashing, Lap Dances, Balls and a Woody what you missed at WWW 2016"

On 5/8/2016 at 11:06 PM, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Marty, I don't know that it would be any easier to do the actual report but with tapatalk you can upload the pictures right from your phone instead of having to use photo bucket.

Love the Mary Poppins pics, my favorite movie.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you for suggesting this!  It has been much easier using Tapatalk!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, I have an awesome story to tell from dinner. We were talking to the lady at the bar next to us. We were talking about the Fort and our campers. I mentioned I had a T@B teardrop. She said "I love t

Maybe so, but the last time I went into a Starbucks and ordered a Tall Blonde, I ended up sleeping on the sofa for a week.  

Sarah should have gotten her photo in front of this creature, they have the same taste in jewelry  

Here are the pictures from Celebrate the Magic and Wishes, as well some late night castle photos the PhotoPass Photographer took.

841d1ab289e4c41cc95aafb76d1dec8a.jpg353ff80784c0a96f7190790cee810f35.jpg3ab7189329a789043ba8fd79ea204eb2.jpgf1bf7530d6f71f8d398a526aa64dc0e0.jpgc7b28794a372e63c008d79689e8e46cd.jpg1073267d0858eb6fbe9aa2d8716e7154.jpg0e93671425f5cdc2d064979b64fb33ac.jpg37312e01381b544a6684a6b6a25eddec.jpgb3b8665290a1aa500ec90c7bba7cdbb2.jpg7ff3863a1012b22c6833564a021df146.jpg50b09842761d00eb85c0dca27ebb1517.jpgf73b03dba263f817315cfc71f9a0253b.jpg4bf3eb01743997688500c753cec3947c.jpga094d482cc3c3b82cdf7c9d2f299e8d6.jpgedbe9a8a3c7390b22f0d6b07afd9fedd.jpg5a1c928c911bee9aead11628e45e71ed.jpge308f68c719f575361d12df857fff946.jpg

We finally said good night to Gina and the Magic Kingdom and took a boat back to the campground. Carol was very sweet and meet us with the golf cart and took us to our car. There was a spot for us to park at the campsites, so we didn't have to schlep our luggage from the overflow lot. Gretchen was an amazing hostess and made us very comfortable in her site right next to the comfort station. Pretty soon, I pulled my bandanna down over my eyes and was fast asleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jen and I both got up early so we could get on the road early and to the Fort at a decent hour. After taking Argent to Doggie Day Care, we made one final stop to pick up some needed items. Then we headed towards Disney World. 

Our ride was uneventful and we were just cruising along. Jen got a call from her mom and while she was talking to her I decided to see what was going on here on Fort Fiends. I noticed TCD had started his trip report and started reading it. Just a word of advice when traveling you should always have someone paying attention to the signs. We were supposed to get off of I-10 and onto I-75 heading towards Lake City. Yeah umm that didn't happen. I am not sure where we ended up, but Jen was familiar with the area. So I pulled up Google Maps on my phone and we found the route that would get us over to I-75 the quickest. When Jen said we were going right past the Florida state prison in Raiford I suggested we stop for a selfie. 

No. We really didn't stop, but we did have a good laugh. After awhile we were back on the right path. We were a little behind schedule, but not too bad. Jen got us onto Western Way and once again we were cruising along. Jen will have to share her picture of what we encountered on Western Way. 

So I pulled up Google Maps on my phone and we found the route that would get us over to I-75 the quickest. When Jen said we were going right past the Florida state penitentiary

If you continued down 10 far enough that you ended up going through Starke, that was a heck of a detour. You were nearly to Jacksonville. [emoji1]

If you continued down 10 far enough that you ended up going through Starke, that was a heck of a detour. You were nearly to Jacksonville. [emoji1]

I just looked at Google Maps again. It was the Florida State Prison in Raiford that we were near. Sorry for the confusion.

9 minutes ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

I just looked at Google Maps again. It was the Florida State Prison in Rainford that we were near. Sorry for the confusion.

Oh that's good.  I jumped to a conclusion, because I couldn't imagine that there are enough criminals in Florida to warrant more than one prison.  

:lol:

44 minutes ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

I just looked at Google Maps again. It was the Florida State Prison in Rainford that we were near. Sorry for the confusion.

42 minutes ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

I fixed my post. Like I said to Dave above it was the Florida state prison in Rainford that we were near.

It's Raiford.

No "n."

TCD

Oh, no, we went all the way to 301.  We were in Raiford, FL.  I knew the exit well because my best friend in college grew up there and we actually passed by her house when we went by.  (I waved.)  I had Super Geek check the roads in Gainesville to see how the traffic was to see if I could go all the way down but he said that it was too busy, so I crossed over and got back on to I75.  Yeah yeah yeah, I talk to much on the phone. 

Good thing I know my way through the back woods of North Florida!  hehehehehehe

And yes, we did almost drive to Jax.

But that was only the beginning of our detours for the day!

PS- When I hung up the phone with my mother, who was stressing out about who she is donating all her furniture to (that she was saving in storage all these years) is when I realized where I was.  I was none too happy with thy-self!

Oh, no, we went all the way to 301.  We were in Raiford, FL.  I knew the exit well because my best friend in college grew up there and we actually passed by her house when we went by.  (I waved.)  I had Super Geek check the roads in Gainesville to see how the traffic was to see if I could go all the way down but he said that it was too busy, so I crossed over and got back on to I75.  Yeah yeah yeah, I talk to much on the phone. 

Good thing I know my way through the back woods of North Florida!  hehehehehehe

And yes, we did almost drive to Jax.

But that was only the beginning of our detours for the day!

PS- When I hung up the phone with my mother, who was stressing out about who she is donating all her furniture to (that she was saving in storage all these years) is when I realized where I was.  I was none too happy with thy-self!

We seem to have a habit of getting distracted when we travel together. Last year it was the sky writing plane.

Oh that's good.  I jumped to a conclusion, because I couldn't imagine that there are enough criminals in Florida to warrant more than one prison.  

:lol:

1+47 and you'll have the right number.

"The DC has 143 correctional facilities statewide, including 48 prisons, seven private partner prisons, 15 prison annexes, 33 work camps, 20 state-run work release centers, 13 private work release centers, four road prisons, two forestry camps, and one basic training camp."

From the FL department of corrections website. http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/faq.html

When Jen said we were going right past the Florida state prison in Raiford I suggested we stop for a selfie. 

We were traveling with my great grandma one time, she asked my mom to stop so she could stretch her legs and walk for a bit. It just so happened we were passing the prison so my mother pulled over. My GG promptly locked the door, looked at my mom like she was crazy and told her she couldn't get out there it was a prison . It took some convincing that the prison parking lot was properly the safest place for 2 women and a child to stop as there was no other civilization for miles and at least there were guards around the prison . I do believe we have a picture from that stop somewhere.

We were traveling with my great grandma one time, she asked my mom to stop so she could stretch her legs and walk for a bit. It just so happened we were passing the prison so my mother pulled over. My GG promptly locked the door, looked at my mom like she was crazy and told her she couldn't get out there it was a prison . It took some convincing that the prison parking lot was properly the safest place for 2 women and a child to stop as there was no other civilization for miles and at least there were guards around the prison . I do believe we have a picture from that stop somewhere.

My father-in-law used to live in Leavenworth, Kansas. Steve has a picture of him at the federal prison there. He insisted Steve stop and take his picture when they were driving around one day.

Ok I've got a few minutes to jump back in...

Thursday morning we woke up and hung out with Carol for a while. She still had some work to wrap up and Gretchen hadn't arrived yet, so Nicole and I decided we'd hop on over to Epcot.

26550810430_6a73c89853_b.jpg

That purple thing around my neck is a cooling towel.  Let me just say that it saved my melty behind the entire time and I honestly don't think I'd have managed without it - and the 57 gallons of water I drank.

If you haven't made it to the Flower and Garden Festival yet, put it on your list.

26218797793_e5b4938d1c_b.jpg

26218798613_e5d725ba4f_b.jpg

26217935524_e310f6b224_b.jpg

26729618412_834728732e_b.jpg

26729619092_58d458a238_b.jpg

26729619662_f26d0f5980_b.jpg

On the way in, we noticed a sign out in front of the Art of Disney that David Doss was there that day.  Some of you may know him as the artist that's done lots of great Disney artwork you can buy around WDW, including the "Fun at Fort Wilderness" print.

Since I hadn't bought one at the Meadows yet, this seemed like a great opportunity to get one and get it signed as well. We each got one of those prints, and I also bought one I hadn't seen before with all 4 parks in it. Here's a bad picture of it...

26976441135_14b05bda8d_b.jpg

Of course one of the reasons to come to the Flower & Garden festival is that it's become Food & Wine 2.0. Although really it's more like Food & Wine Lite as there aren't nearly as many food booths, but there are still plenty of things to try.

We started out into World Showcase counter clockwise. Because it was high noon-ish and H-O-T, we started with Dragonberry Coolers.

26218809743_6d0630f008_b.jpg

We made our way around, checking out our options along the way. We two northern girls agreed that it was just too darned hot for a lot of the heavier dishes, even though there were some that sounded really good.

I landed on the Florida Larder Board: Orlando-made Ricotta Cheese, Cahaba Farms Micro Onions, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic, Country Pâté and House-made Pickles

26755875211_365f7c70b1_b.jpg

Yum!  The pate was super delicious and the ricotta was insanely creamy.  It was a good light starter.

More walking...

26729622862_2d2f73fe5d_b.jpg

...all the way around to the American pavilion, where we both decided it was not too hot for barbecue.

26755880161_635fcd9bc9_b.jpg

Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash with White Cheddar Fondue and Pickled Jalapeños and the Funky Buddha Hefeweizen.

The hash was great - the brisket was juicy and not dried out, smoky but not too smoky. The cheese sauce sounds weird for this, but the pickled jalapenos balanced it out really nicely and it was nice and creamy without being overpowering. As a Hefeweizen fan, the FBH was terrific - I need to see if I can track it down locally.

And we're walking again...

26218819413_fbeb0109ac_b.jpg

26789133656_c658b299b8_b.jpg

26729628202_697d6e5cd1_b.jpg

26789136386_1b0e7c0efd_b.jpg

I'm sad to report that we didn't really eat/drink all that much in our stroll.  It was our first full day in FL and the heat was taking it's toll.  Just that sunny stretch between the Coolpost and China was brutal. So we decided we needed a break from the heat and where better to get one that La Cava del Tequila!  ;)

Along the way, the orchids around the Mexico pavillion were in full bloom.

26217957934_fa81eb58e1_b.jpg

26217961814_c5388cd33f_b.jpg

26729630332_11307e3043_b.jpg

26550837580_d43d2aa17e_b.jpg

26823430175_0b41c68dfe_b.jpg

Can I just say air conditioning is awesome!  :)

We pulled up a table, ordered a couple of Mexican sangrias and ordered up the dip trio.  If you haven't tried this here, do it.  The chips are warm, the guacamole is super fresh and the queso dip is ridiculously creamy and amazing.  They should just serve it with a spoon. You get a pretty hefty portion of the queso and guac and they'll keep refilling the chip basket if needed. It's actually a hefty snack, plenty for 4+ people, and if I remember right, it wasn't more than $10.

26729632202_cefb0cc507_b.jpg

26218837653_242d0678af_b.jpg

With our bellies full of chips and dip, and our body temps back down to normal, we decided we were pretty much done for the afternoon and  headed back to the Fort. Gretchen had arrived and setup while we were gone so we got to say hello. Carol and Gretchen were heading out to MK to meet Marty and Sarah and kindly dropped us off at the cabin pool.

A dip in the pool was lovely, but unfortunately we both had pretty bad headaches - and hadn't had nearly enough to drink to justify them.  LOL We headed back to the site to try taking a quick nap, but that, motrin and allergy meds still weren't cutting it.  It may have been partly the heat, although we were both being good about drinking plenty of water, but then we both remembered we hadn't had a drop of caffeine that day, and both of us are regular coffee drinkers at home.  *insert dummy slap here*

A couple of bottles of Diet Pepsi and we were feeling just fine, but it was getting later and we decided to just hang out at the site. And I made a note to make sure to make coffee in the morning.  ;)

Great update, Mo!

I apologize, but I am laughing about your complaints about the "heat."  It's still spring-time here in Florida, and I thought the weather in April was really nice.  The real heat and humidity have yet to arrive!

I really like that David Doss piece you got.  That man has a real knack for creating unique views of Disney World.

I didn't know about the chips and dips at the tequila bar.  I need to check on that sometime.  GDF's boyfriend recently slammed that tequila bar on his site.  But, everything looks good to me.

TCD

3 hours ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

The coffee was good!  Made in a real percolator too :P

I'm drinking it this morning!  Although it's nowhere as good as having it at the Fort with the Womenz.  :)

52 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Great update, Mo!

I apologize, but I am laughing about your complaints about the "heat."  It's still spring-time here in Florida, and I thought the weather in April was really nice.  The real heat and humidity have yet to arrive!

Yeah, yeah, I know... there's a reason I live this far North.  If it never got above 75 I'd be happy.  ;)

I really like David Doss' work and he's got so many great park pieces, I was happy to find an "all in one." 

The dip trio is great and a bargain by Disney standards.  I'll have to go see what Josh had to say about the place.  My only complaint has ever been that service can be slow when it's busy.

16 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Love the orchid pictures!

Thanks Gwen!  They were all along that walkway off to the right side of the pyramid.  So beautiful! 

I found one more photo...

26823427255_23b8b44ed7_b.jpg

13 hours ago, lightbikes said:

I live the picture of Lady and the Tramp  - gorgeous!!!

Thanks!  We noticed that Lady's ears were extra poofy this year.  :)

34 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

The dip trio is great and a bargain by Disney standards.  I'll have to go see what Josh had to say about the place.  My only complaint has ever been that service can be slow when it's busy.

His big complaints are that the drink sizes are substantially smaller than they used to be (for the same price), and that the premium margaritas are being mass-produced and poured out of plastic jugs by the bartenders.  Those seem like valid complaints to me.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

His big complaints are that the drink sizes are substantially smaller than they used to be (for the same price), and that the premium margaritas are being mass-produced and poured out of plastic jugs by the bartenders.  Those seem like valid complaints to me.

TCD

Interesting and yeah, I agree those are valid complaints. 

We got the sangria and I don't remember it being less than the last time I got it, although I got it "to go" last time so it was in a different cup. I'd say the amount we got was about right though.

Mass producing the "premium" margaritas?  Yuck-O.  If I'm paying $12-$16 you best be making it from scratch. Having the mixers ready to go is one thing, actually premixing everything in a big jug... https://smileyshack.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/svomit_100-121.gif