• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only here could a thread about inexpensive options for camper rentals turn into an all-out fried chicken bonanza!  LOL

Bummer. This is my tag-along trip, so I'm not in charge of timing (or anything).  They're doing the dining plan, and I begged off of the big-ticket/pre-paid dinners they've planned. As soon as th

Back to the original thread, seems like to me instead of renting a camper, it would be cheaper to buy a used unit and find somewhere to leave it in Florida if you come back several times a year if you

A Disney Tent, plus a portable air conditioner??

For heat, most of the current electric heaters are safe in a tent.

I used an electric mattress pad and electric blanket when tent camping.

This company has a couple of hybrids, hard to tell, but maybe not much more expensive than a popup.

http://www.mcrfl.com/travel-trailers

I'd get a tent, and see if you can't find one of the portable air conditioners that you can just run the exhaust and drain line out of the tent. Even if you had to buy a new one if you used the set up more than once it would probably be cheaper than renting a camper.

Or just keep practicing with the camper till you get more comfortable with it and then you can just bring it down anytime.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We were lucky not to need to rent any campers for WWW this year, so I haven't had to look around recently, but the in-laws rented from Meacham in the fall and had a good experience.  I'm not sure if they're the cheapest though.

It's a little harder to compare the rental vendors these days as some have add-on fees for different things.

Hmmm... unless you're going to crash in your Jeep and buy all your meals out, I would think that taking the RV would be easier?  If you don't want to mess with the tanks, then you could use the CS?

Actually, when it's just Z and me we do eat out for pretty much every meal. The Lone Ranger takeout meal feeds us! Hard to cook that cheap. But no fridge either.... Sigh.... This is why I have 2 trip at Coronado currently on my calendar.

21 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

We were lucky not to need to rent any campers for WWW this year, so I haven't had to look around recently, but the in-laws rented from Meacham in the fall and had a good experience.  I'm not sure if they're the cheapest though.

It's a little harder to compare the rental vendors these days as some have add-on fees for different things.

We rented from Moores back in 2012.  Good experience with them.

24 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Actually, when it's just Z and me we do eat out for pretty much every meal. The Lone Ranger takeout meal feeds us! Hard to cook that cheap. But no fridge either.... Sigh.... This is why I have 2 trip at Coronado currently on my calendar.

Okay... seriously, we have yet to eat the take-out chicken.  I know...I know.

17 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Okay... seriously, we have yet to eat the take-out chicken.  I know...I know.

3 hours ago, keith_h said:

Don't listen to them Nacole. You aren't alone in not having eaten the take-out chicken.

Count me as a third. And, we likely won't- we aren't big fans of fried chicken.

1 hour ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Count me in for a ringing a bucket. 

Just gonna throw this out there...

I plan to be having my own personal fried chicken picnic on the beach Saturday, Oct 15th around 5:30-ish, while my brother, sister-in-law and nephew are at MIckey's Backyard BBQ. 

All are welcome.

BYOC.  ;)

5 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Sounds fun I won't be down for a couple weeks after that

Bummer.

This is my tag-along trip, so I'm not in charge of timing (or anything).  They're doing the dining plan, and I begged off of the big-ticket/pre-paid dinners they've planned. As soon as they said they were doing MBYBBQ I thought "Sweet!  Chicken on the beach it is!"  :)

1 hour ago, parrothead7368 aka Norm said:

And if ever in Myrtle Beach, there is a place called Maryland Fried Chicken that is awesome, they only take cash though.

http://marylandfriedchickenmb.com/

Best Regards,

Norm

If you want to see if Norm is correct, you don't need to go as far as S.C.,  just head West on I-4 towards Tampa

Maryland Fried Chicken

$$ · Chicken Restaurant

Address: 315 N Alexander St, Plant City, FL 33563
Phone:(813) 752-9200
Hours:
Open today · 11AM–9PM

I haven't eaten there, but I know people that have, and they go out of their way to make the trip.