15 hours ago, LORNADUCK said:

I'm confused  (nothing new)  I thought your trip this year is over Christmas 

15 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Her family asked her to come along and tour guide for a trip in October also.

Sorry - been working like a maniac lately and way behind here.  Yep, what Carol said.  I'm tagging along with my brother's family for a week in October, staying at Coronado. 

As of now the Christmas/Jan trip is still on but is dependent on whether this "working like a maniac" thing results in continued employment.  :blink:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only here could a thread about inexpensive options for camper rentals turn into an all-out fried chicken bonanza!  LOL

Bummer. This is my tag-along trip, so I'm not in charge of timing (or anything).  They're doing the dining plan, and I begged off of the big-ticket/pre-paid dinners they've planned. As soon as th

Back to the original thread, seems like to me instead of renting a camper, it would be cheaper to buy a used unit and find somewhere to leave it in Florida if you come back several times a year if you

On 5/13/2016 at 0:23 PM, BigTom said:

Back to the original thread, seems like to me instead of renting a camper, it would be cheaper to buy a used unit and find somewhere to leave it in Florida if you come back several times a year if you don't want to tow it far. I paid less than 1000 for mine, had AC and was usable with no modifications. That is not much more than a week's rental fee. I think a fiend would be willing to store it if they were not responsible if something were to happen to it. I have several acres that are cleared and mowed regularly if needed.

That is what I am doing.  I have a pop up and I did have a friend do that, however, you have to be really careful.  See, this friend did not take care of it and now I have a rotten floor that I have to fix.  So, for keeping my pop up in his driveway and letting him use it while I was not, didn't cost me for a little while, it is going to cost me pretty good now.  I am keeping it in Clermont under cover and I can still use it and it works just fine, but you just have to be careful who you can trust with your stuff.  I am just saying.  It is really nice though driving down and getting the popup and picking it up from storage, setting it up and then putting it back into storage and driving back.  It makes life so much easier and the diesel much less expensive for a short trip.  Now, for a longer trip, the MH is going, lol.

• 3 months later...
On 5/12/2016 at 3:27 PM, Travisma said:

If you want to see if Norm is correct, you don't need to go as far as S.C.,  just head West on I-4 towards Tampa

Maryland Fried Chicken

$$ · Chicken Restaurant

Address: 315 N Alexander St, Plant City, FL 33563
Phone:(813) 752-9200
Hours:
Open today · 11AM–9PM

I haven't eaten there, but I know people that have, and they go out of their way to make the trip.

I was just about to say the same thing. Love me some Maryland fried chicken! Its very tough to drive home to Lithia with a bucket of that int eh car, just sayin'!