• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Umm, where I live you've just described the menu at a family reunion. 

You get a seat for a 30 minute excursion plus free ice cream and a bottle of water for only $299. Only $399 for Paddling with the Pyrotechnics which includes a fireworks viewing dessert party.  

With all this mystery meat and sewer hose talk, I couldn't remember what this thread was actually started about.  So I scrolled back.  It was about a canoe.   LOL.   We've gone off the rails

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With Florida in drought conditions, and a total burn ban in effect in central Florida, I was surprised to see this Instagram post of some kids fixing to start a campfire at the Fort:

descendants2_zpse7nuk0c5.jpg

Note that the post got over 48K likes.

It turns out these kids are the current crop of Disney Channel stars.  I don't know any of them.

These kids are from a show called Andi Mack.  Never heard of it, but they can't be all bad since they seem to like the TCD Ranch:

asher_zps1wvw4g32.jpg

TCD

What happened to Disney Cartoons and Movies on the Disney Channel?

Kids need to see this?

Andi Mack

Life goes from routine to a roller-coaster ride overnight for artistic teenager Andi Mack. It all happens on the eve of her 13th birthday when free-spirited older sister Bex -- who has been traveling around the world -- returns home to make a revelation, which changes everything for the Mack family. It turns out that Bex isn't Andi's sister -- she is her mother -- and Celia, who Andi thought was her mom, is actually her grandmother. Learning this family secret sends Andi on an uncharted course of self-discovery. She's not alone on her journey, as best friends Cyrus and Buffy are also trying to figure out their places in the world.

10 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

That campfire is way too pretty to be anything more than a photo op.  I'm betting those logs were neatly stacked away on the prop truck after the photo was taken.  LOL

True.  I also noticed the kids look like they're sitting on those nice Fort Wilderness chairs they sell in the Trading Post, except one of them is sitting on what must be a fake rock.  The chairs probably went right back to the Trading Post after the photo shoot, and the rock back to the props department.

7 minutes ago, Travisma said:

What happened to Disney Cartoons and Movies on the Disney Channel?

Kids need to see this?

Andi Mack

Life goes from routine to a roller-coaster ride overnight for artistic teenager Andi Mack. It all happens on the eve of her 13th birthday when free-spirited older sister Bex -- who has been traveling around the world -- returns home to make a revelation, which changes everything for the Mack family. It turns out that Bex isn't Andi's sister -- she is her mother -- and Celia, who Andi thought was her mom, is actually her grandmother. Learning this family secret sends Andi on an uncharted course of self-discovery. She's not alone on her journey, as best friends Cyrus and Buffy are also trying to figure out their places in the world.

Wow.

But, that's the world we live in.  They're just keeping it real.

My girls grew up watching Hannah Montana.  Miley didn't turn out to be much of a role model, and Smokin' Oaken ended up a pothead.  I guess the producers knew that was going to happen when they gave him his nickname.

TCD

19 minutes ago, slices said:

Very few cartoons on Disney Channel now days, mostly why I paid for better cable to get Disney Jr and XD. I kept seeing commercials for Andi Mack before it aired, and figured out the 'big plot twist' from the commercials.  

It's just sad (at least to my feeble mind) that the Disney Channel is so Un Disney like.  We had the original Mickey Mouse Club and Wonderful World of Color.

Just like ABC Family was definitely not shows that your entire family should be watching if you had younger kids.  Glad they finally changed the name.

I remember years ago, before Disney Channel was a standard cable channel, I would get so excited that they were having a free preview of the Disney Channel. I would watch it constantly during that preview!! Now, it's a channel that I NEVER watch. We actually don't even watch ABC all that much. Some of the movies and the theme parks are great, their TV offerings have gone off the rails (except all the ESPN channels, can't go wrong with SEC football and MLB).

1 minute ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I remember years ago, before Disney Channel was a standard cable channel, I would get so excited that they were having a free preview of the Disney Channel. I would watch it constantly during that preview!! Now, it's a channel that I NEVER watch. We actually don't even watch ABC all that much. Some of the movies and the theme parks are great, their TV offerings have gone off the rails (except all the ESPN channels, can't go wrong with SEC football and MLB).

I agree, except I do watch maybe 2 shows on ABC, and NONE on ESPN.  In fact if I could eliminate it and save $$ it would be gone in a second.

10 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I remember when the Disney Channel was a premium channel. The first time I ever saw it was when we took our oldest daughter on her very first trip to WDW.  We stayed in what was then called Dixie Landings.  She was two or three.  She was mesmerized by the cartoons on the Disney Channel (I remember they had a Winnie the Pooh series, a Care Bears series, a Gummy Bears series, and a lot of other cartoon series).  Soon after that, I got us signed up for the Disney Channel, and we paid for it all the way up until it became a standard cable channel.  It was really great when it was a premium channel- it had original programming and original shows that showcased the parks and resorts- and no commercials!

TCD

7 hours ago, Travisma said:

It's just sad (at least to my feeble mind) that the Disney Channel is so Un Disney like.  We had the original Mickey Mouse Club and Wonderful World of Color.

Just like ABC Family was definitely not shows that your entire family should be watching if you had younger kids.  Glad they finally changed the name.

It is sad.....  We also only watch DisJr and DisXD, and the kids shows on PBS.  DisneyJr is the only channel we can leave on w/o worrying even about the commercials, but he is outgrowing it fast and now wants to watch the "older" shows.

I remember sneaking over to my friends house who had the premium PG and R channels on cable so we could watch the stuff we weren't supposed to see.

Now, all you have to do to see the same (or worse, sometimes much worse) is flip on the TV to just about any channel on there. It's become a real race to the bottom the last few years.  :(

We only have the Disney channel at our house since I'm too cheap to pay for the upgrade to get Disney Jr. About a year ago we could watch Disney Jr. in the mornings while getting ready to go to school, PJ Masks, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Miles from Tomorrowland, Jake & Neverland Pirates, all stuff W liked.  But then one day they changed the schedule and now none of those are on at a time he can watch them.  I don't get why they would do that  but what do I know. 

Now we watch  Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVDs I got on sale over and over, lol.  He also likes the old Mickey Cartoons so I need to buy some more of those.  

I also find it strange that ABC Family is the big player of Harry Potter, l always laugh about that one.  They didn't get the park but they got the movie replay rights?

My big gripe about ABC Family is that even when they play a disney movie W likes and will watch the commercials for some of their "original" shows can be inappropriate for small kids, some are even scary.

WBI

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Here we have some Jackwagon named Rodrigo who apparently is a big deal in the 305, and thinks it's great that he found a bilingual CM in "gringolandia."

gringolandia_zps7yty2ycr.jpg

Gringolandia?

Go back to where you came from, Rodrigo.

TCD

FRED speaks German too. Wonder what Rodrigo thinks about that?

• 4 months later...