• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Umm, where I live you've just described the menu at a family reunion. 

You get a seat for a 30 minute excursion plus free ice cream and a bottle of water for only $299. Only $399 for Paddling with the Pyrotechnics which includes a fireworks viewing dessert party.  

With all this mystery meat and sewer hose talk, I couldn't remember what this thread was actually started about.  So I scrolled back.  It was about a canoe.   LOL.   We've gone off the rails

Posted Images

Does anyone remember the Luckow Family?

You know, the family who, among other things,  rented out the Backyard BBQ and had a private concert with Luke Bryan?

And that gigantic fireworks show on Bay Lake?

Back in July, 2014?

I have it on good authority that they're back in Disney World this week.

Remember that new giant pumpkin that I posted a photo of yesterday?

I never saw such fancy Halloween decorations at the Backyard BBQ.

Well, this dude just posted a photo of a sign that's on display at the Backyard BBQ:

Luckoween_zps1qvyrxir.jpg

Luckoween?

What the Fort is Luckoween?

We need a Fiend on the SceneTM .

Stat!

TCD

A-ha!!  Good cyber-sleuthing TCD!  I wonder what this year's bash will be?  And you're right - we definitely need a Fiend on the Scene™.

I just found the thread from their last shindig when you were there texting updates all night.  Man that was fun, even from 1400 miles away!

1 minute ago, keith_h said:

If it is the same family it appears they made their money on Wall Street via a specialty brokerage that was sold to Goldman Sachs.

So someone that doesn't actually do anything productive or make the country stronger.  They manipulate money so they become rich at other peoples expense.

18 minutes ago, Travisma said:

So someone that doesn't actually do anything productive or make the country stronger.  They manipulate money so they become rich at other peoples expense.

There were also some shenanigans as to some of the family members but I won't post them here. However your "at other peoples expense" would cover it.

This is what led me to find and sign up for this forum as I have recently discovered the joys of staying at the Fort. On another board I am on, it was reported that a family of 48 had a lavish ceremony to welcome them to the Jambo House. There was a cover of sorts put on the opening between two floors because an entire floor had been bought for the family. This way no one can look up or down at the floor where they are staying. They also bought out Jiko the day they arrived. That's all I saw posted so far and any mentions or pics of them or their name was removed but we had it figured out that it was the Luckows. Maybe someone who is there can find out more.

luckow.jpg

This is what led me to find and sign up for this forum as I have recently discovered the joys of staying at the Fort. On another board I am on, it was reported that a family of 48 had a lavish ceremony to welcome them to the Jambo House. There was a cover of sorts put on the opening between two floors because an entire floor had been bought for the family. This way no one can look up or down at the floor where they are staying. They also bought out Jiko the day they arrived. That's all I saw posted so far and any mentions or pics of them or their name was removed but we had it figured out that it was the Luckows. Maybe someone who is there can find out more.
luckow.thumb.jpg.6dc241e70be0d0402d1a2438147d0249.jpg

Welcome!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, KornBred said:

luckow.jpg

That sure sounds like it could be them.

I think it was last year they rented out HS (at least part of it) one evening.  There's a blog post from one of the adult kids that got engaged during that event...

https://www.josephedwardsny.com/stefanie-and-adams-wedding-trailer-at-the-mandarin-oriental-hotel/1345

Oh and there were 46 of them last year.  :)

I'll be curious to hear any other reports from the weekend.

Oh and welcome to Fort Fiends!!

11 hours ago, KornBred said:

luckow.jpg

What an awesome first post!

I can't believe that they covered the opening between the floors like that.

What the heck were they doing down there that nobody else could see?

Hey, if you made your money honestly and you want to live it up, have at it!

But, they're acting like they have something to be ashamed of.

Hmmm.

TCD

34 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

That sure sounds like it could be them.

I think it was last year they rented out HS (at least part of it) one evening.  There's a blog post from one of the adult kids that got engaged during that event...

https://www.josephedwardsny.com/stefanie-and-adams-wedding-trailer-at-the-mandarin-oriental-hotel/1345

Oh and there were 46 of them last year.  :)

I'll be curious to hear any other reports from the weekend.

Oh and welcome to Fort Fiends!!

Great find, Mo.

What a nice simple engagement that young Luckow girl had- serenaded by a Broadway star and fireworks- nothing flashy or extravagant.

Just simple folks having fun at Disney.

TCD

Found more pics and a video of the family checking in and the ceremony for them. It was a large group and some CMs in African garb were on some riser above the lobby doing some kind of chant and song deal plus they put different décor in the hallways on the floor the family is staying on than is usually in the hallways. The number I saw thrown around this time by housekeeping staff according to the sources is 6 million. Just remember this is all second hand info though.

luckow4.thumb.jpg.94651e7744b12b0e7f2af25da7c6780c.jpg

luckow2.thumb.jpg.a672d6d4ee528d2cfdeab7f4d3c09b97.jpg

7 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I can't believe that they covered the opening between the floors like that.

I can. With all of the secrecy attempts at previous years events this seems pretty simple.

7 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

What the heck were they doing down there that nobody else could see?

Can't let the common folks see how the privileged class lives. After all they might want to live that way too then where would we be?  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Posts like this one don't normally stay up long, so take a look while you can.

This appears to be a video taken by a worker on the cell towers hidden neat the Hitch/Unhitch area of the Fort:

TCD

Great view from up there. 

Thams for sharing.