1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I always liked the Murphy beds that they used to have in the cabins, and didn't know why they chose to get rid of them.

Here's a pretty good reason:

TCD

Sadly it appears he might survive his accident.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Umm, where I live you've just described the menu at a family reunion. 

You get a seat for a 30 minute excursion plus free ice cream and a bottle of water for only $299. Only $399 for Paddling with the Pyrotechnics which includes a fireworks viewing dessert party.  

With all this mystery meat and sewer hose talk, I couldn't remember what this thread was actually started about.  So I scrolled back.  It was about a canoe.   LOL.   We've gone off the rails

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Some people can hurt themselves on air!

This is why lawyers are in abundance and we have to have warning labels on everything!

Yeah- I heard it was the lawyers who said the murphy beds had to go.  Either that, or they were going to make Fort management build a rock/post and rope wall around each murphy bed.

TCD

• 2 weeks later...

This photo of a couple of girls horsing around outside of the Hoop Dee Doo Revue has been one of the most popular Instagram posts with the Fort Wilderness hashtag for a few weeks:

fence.1_zps6j1oosrs.jpg

It turns out that one of the girls is an entertainment CM at WDW, and was selected to be on camera for the recent filming of the Blackish TV show:

fence.2_zpsb28mg9xx.jpg

Here's her scene, which is one of the most memorable in the show because of the weird outdoor queue that they depict as the Soarin' queue:

TCD

14 minutes ago, Beckers said:

So the outdoor queue is bogus? I haven't been on soarin' since they added the third theatre and didn't remember bearish anything about a new queue so I assumed it was bogus...

Yes, it's bogus.  It's a weird scene, isn't it?  The queue for Soarin' is exactly the same as it used to be right up to the point of the merge of the FP+ and regular queue.  After that, there is now a corridor that goes straight ahead from where the choices used to be left or right.

The only thing we could figure for why they created the fake queue is that they wanted to show the actors entering from the outside, rather than the congested/chaotic actual queue inside the pavilion.

TCD

10 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

This photo of a couple of girls horsing around outside of the Hoop Dee Doo Revue has been one of the most popular Instagram posts with the Fort Wilderness hashtag for a few weeks:

fence.1_zps6j1oosrs.jpg

It turns out that one of the girls is an entertainment CM at WDW, and was selected to be on camera for the recent filming of the Blackish TV show:

fence.2_zpsb28mg9xx.jpg

Here's her scene, which is one of the most memorable in the show because of the weird outdoor queue that they depict as the Soarin' queue:

TCD

To many cars behind the girls to be at the HDDR

Okay- so we have two attractive ladies in Daisy Dukes and Cowboy boots hanging upside down from a fence, and we are looking at the cars in the background?

Sounds about right.

TBQH (that's To Be Quite Honest for anyone who isn't hip to Insta abbreviations), I didn't even notice the cars.

But now that we're looking at them- those of you who said this can't be outside of Pioneer Hall are right.  There are too many cars.

So, where were they?

I'm not sure the Outpost Bus Stop is right.  That fenced in area looks further away from the parked cars than it does in the photo:

settlement%20bus%20stop.1_zpsctuqudmq.jp

Maybe they were somewhere in the overflow lot- like in this area?:

overflow%20lot_zpse2iyptuh.jpg

TCD

• 4 weeks later...

Whelp, the thermometer dipped below 60 degrees at the Fort, and the firepits are out.

Looks like the Rangers are slacking:

fw%20fire.1_zpsagw8c0ba.jpg

fw%20fire.2_zpsffmw5htb.jpg

Those photos and the video are from two different Instagram accounts, so I'm not sure if this is the same campsite or not.

PSA- If you're going to have a fire, please don't burn crap like that in it- no one wants to smell that smoke.  Also, please review the firepit rules.  Some of us would like it if the Fort doesn't get burnt down. Thanks in advance.

TCD

I need to bookmark this photo to show my daughters the next time they make fun of me for wiping down my picnic table with a Clorox wipe:

dog%20on%20table_zpsngkkydov.jpg

PSA #2- Some people eat off of the picnic tables.  Even though you think your dog is adorable, please keep her butt off the table.  Thanks in advance.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I need to bookmark this photo to show my daughters the next time they make fun of me for wiping down my picnic table with a Clorox wipe:

PSA #2- Some people eat off of the picnic tables.  Even though you think your dog is adorable, please keep her butt off the table.  Thanks in advance.

TCD

Well, I always look on the bright side.  A dog's rear is still cleaner than a sewer hose, which we've also seen folks drape over a Fort picnic table, not to mention over the grills.  Well, unless said dog was fed s'mores and leftover Trails End fries the evening before.  Then it could be a toss-up.  

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Mercy... first I had to buy a grill as one of y'all ruined the idea of site grills for me when you mentioned seeing a guest put his sewer hose on it... now the picnic tables have poo too??  Ewww...:huh:

Guess I should be glad that we always use a table cloth! 

59 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Well, I always look on the bright side.  A dog's rear is still cleaner than a sewer hose, which we've also seen folks drape over a Fort picnic table, not to mention over the grills.  Well, unless said dog was fed s'mores and leftover Trails End fries the evening before.  Then it could be a toss-up.  

Another reason to wipe the table unrelated to dogs is birds, squirrels, and lizards. 

Yea we always treat eating off a picnic table about the same as eating off the ground it sits on.   Birds, squirrels, and every other type of wild life around has used it for whatever they chose too.  A good wipe down and a clean tablecloth for us.  

That's got to be the same fire.  Like you say they are burning scavenged Wood in what looks like a brand new fire pit.  If that were me they would have the police there to cart me off property.