1 hour ago, safedave said:

We just got back from the fort. As I said earlier this was the first try at a fax request. When we got there the site assigned was not the requested one. It was, however, in the same loop. At the gate I told them I requested another site so she looked and it was already taken. So I do believe the fax went through but they weren't able to grant it.

Thanks for sharing your experience.  It's good to hear that (despite what some "experts" elsewhere keep saying over and over and over) faxing still works.  :)

• 5 months later...

I've read some posts in the past that have said that I shouldn't do the online check in and instead just fax. Would you do both the online check in and the fax? When requesting adjacent sites, are both guests required to make the request? 

My in laws would like to be in a site nearby, but they struggle with using "My Disney Experience." When I made our reservation, the request was noted. Is that good enough?

15 hours ago, Friend of a Fiend ... Pam said:

I've read some posts in the past that have said that I shouldn't do the online check in and instead just fax. Would you do both the online check in and the fax? When requesting adjacent sites, are both guests required to make the request? 

My in laws would like to be in a site nearby, but they struggle with using "My Disney Experience." When I made our reservation, the request was noted. Is that good enough?

One new development is that in the last month or two, the option of requesting a loop has disappeared from the on-line check in.  Somebody goofed, and now it asks if you would like a room near the elevator, or on the ground floor- for the campsites!  I did on-line check in a couple of weeks ago for my Thanksgiving trip, and there was no way to make a loop request on there.

So, calling or faxing is the only way to make a loop request now.  Since you have a special request, I would do both.  One fax should suffice- make sure you put both reservation numbers on it.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

One new development is that in the last month or two, the option of requesting a loop has disappeared from the on-line check in.  Somebody goofed, and now it asks if you would like a room near the elevator, or on the ground floor- for the campsites!  I did on-line check in a couple of weeks ago for my Thanksgiving trip, and there was no way to make a loop request on there.

So, calling or faxing is the only way to make a loop request now.  Since you have a special request, I would do both.  One fax should suffice- make sure you put both reservation numbers on it.

TCD

Just did the online check in yesterday for an upcoming trip in a couple of weeks.  The web site is still as you described. I want to find those elevators!