It was installed last fall, and yes it is odd that it's facing out instead of in. Not easy to see from the benches.  At the other resorts bus stops they face out, but the sitting areas are in front of the monitors.  Wonder if the installer was just following some generic instruction written into their contact.

When we were there last October/November, it was pretty useless.  The times kept changing every minute or two.  And there was no guarantee that, even if the bus did arrive, it would be able to accommodate me and my scooter.  We waited 1.5 hours for an EPCOT bus.

An hour and a half is crazy!  I thought all the busses could accommodate scooters.  I wonder if the the little trip computer thing on the dash board of the bus has anything to do with the times on screen?  I'm sure the top dogs in disney transportation really keep a close eye on how efficient the busses are running. 

All the buses can accommodate scooters.  The problem with the EPCOT buses are that they stop at WL first.  Apparently a lot of scooter users were staying at WL when we were there.  Over and over, when an EPCOT bus arrived it already had its two allotted scooters on board.

This is the kind of stuff that bothers me about Disney. Any theme park can leave a guest sitting for 1.5 hrs and say, "we're calling it in".  Disney on the other hand is supposed to be the place where magic happens, right?  I've seen it at times, I'm sure we all have. It seems the last couple times we've been there, that there is a growing mentality that we can do whatever we want, the people will still come, and still pay.

3 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

On our trip next fall, if I want to get to EPCOT early, I think I'll ride my scooter over to WL and catch a bus there.  Sad to have to do that.

Agreed. Since the Fort and WL share a bus to Epcot. It may be that early in the morning, if the bus gets full at WL, it may go straight to Epcot and skip the Fort stop. The ride over to WL in the ECV is pretty though!