The new bus depot at Disney Springs is now open, as of Thursday. Is pretty nice and seems pretty smooth. The only problem is, if your wait line is at the end you have to walk a mile to get to it. Of course the fort's was the very last one!  It drops of and picks up right behind planet Hollywood. FYI. 

5 minutes ago, WrigleysWagon said:

The new bus depot at Disney Springs is now open, as of Thursday. Is pretty nice and seems pretty smooth. The only problem is, if your wait line is at the end you have to walk a mile to get to it. Of course the fort's was the very last one!  It drops of and picks up right behind planet Hollywood. FYI. 

So they followed Epcots and HS placement of the Fort bus stop, about as far away from the entrace as you can be.  Guess they figure campers are there to enjoy the outdoors and don't mind walking an extra mile to catch a bus.

19 minutes ago, Travisma said:

So they followed Epcots and HS placement of the Fort bus stop, about as far away from the entrace as you can be.  Guess they figure campers are there to enjoy the outdoors and don't mind walking an extra mile to catch a bus.

Maybe. The stop at HS was 4A. Not really very far away. The catch is that 4A has no shelter. It's just a queue line on concrete. So, if it's raining you get wet, sunny you get burned, etc., etc, you get the picture. The real kicker is that the FW stop at the springs is right by the path to the shops, just on the other side of the loop the busses drive on, so you can't cross. You have to walk all the way down, then back. 

8 hours ago, WrigleysWagon said:

The real kicker is that the FW stop at the springs is right by the path to the shops, just on the other side of the loop the busses drive on, so you can't cross. You have to walk all the way down, then back. 

Of course, because at the end of the day campers don't really count - we're just an add-on!

Sorry for the negative but at the end of the day the cynic in me always wins  - lol

Isn't the Epcot stop a shared bus with Wilderness Lodge. Surely you don't think they don't care about their money too.

realisticly though someone's stop has to be last or furthest. At MK it's Art of Animation. I would imagine at some point in DHS construction they will redo the bus loops. 

Oh and the Fort also has the moderate level in the cabins. They cared enough about those to refurbish them. 

Just my points of bird of course but I always try to look at all sides. Can't help it. 

2 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Isn't the Epcot stop a shared bus with Wilderness Lodge. Surely you don't think they don't care about their money too.

As I recall when we went last they are both on the far side of the bus lanes but didn't share the same bus. It seemed there would be multiple buses for the Lodge for every one to the Fort. I saw a similar thing at Disney Springs. More than once I've been in fairly long lines waiting to go to the Fort while seeing multiple buses for other resorts load up with a few people on each one. One time I heard the assistant trying to get someone in dispatch to reassign a bus to us and took a good 20-30 minutes before one was changed yet I saw a couple of buses from the Fort change to other resorts when they entered the bus lanes. I think part of the problem is the assistants at the loading lines have little to no control over reassigning a bus. Sometimes automation and central control just isn't as good as real people.

1 hour ago, keith_h said:

As I recall when we went last they are both on the far side of the bus lanes but didn't share the same bus. It seemed there would be multiple buses for the Lodge for every one to the Fort. I saw a similar thing at Disney Springs. More than once I've been in fairly long lines waiting to go to the Fort while seeing multiple buses for other resorts load up with a few people on each one. One time I heard the assistant trying to get someone in dispatch to reassign a bus to us and took a good 20-30 minutes before one was changed yet I saw a couple of buses from the Fort change to other resorts when they entered the bus lanes. I think part of the problem is the assistants at the loading lines have little to no control over reassigning a bus. Sometimes automation and central control just isn't as good as real people.

Seen the same thing, and also internally at the Settlement and the Outpost.  

When we were there this past October they shared a bus. I remember because I saw a friend from home waiting in line. They were staying at the WL and we were at the Fort.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Epcot shares, the Marketplace DTD stop was the same stop, but different buses. Many times, folks would get on the bus with us at DTD, then when we got to the Fort would exclaim, THIS ISN'T our stop. I would always point them to a Yellow bus, and tell them to stay on...

21 hours ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

When we were there this past October they shared a bus. I remember because I saw a friend from home waiting in line. They were staying at the WL and we were at the Fort.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Every bus from Epcot I end up on stops at Wilderness Lodge first then the Fort. 

We didn't got to Epcot on our last visit so haven't been since 2014 and I'm sure we didn't stop at the Wilderness Lodge either time we went to Epcot on that trip. We had a long wait going back to the Fort. Anyway with them sharing a route I would expect shorter wait times.