Short video of the fireworks from the Dream.

9 hours ago, Beckers said:

Pretty awesome! I'm still surprised they were able to do this.

I had read on one of those secret things about Disney sites, that Disney fireworks are shot off using compressed air, and the ones on the ships are completely bio-degradeable and wildlife friendly.

That was shot free handed with a small point and shoot camera. The cruise was fantastic. It was our first cruise on any cruise line. It was so good we booked another cruise for next year before we left. My wish is that the customer service experienced on the cruise ship could find its way back to the parks at Disney World.

15 minutes ago, Specularius said:

That was shot free handed with a small point and shoot camera. The cruise was fantastic. It was our first cruise on any cruise line. It was so good we booked another cruise for next year before we left. My wish is that the customer service experienced on the cruise ship could find its way back to the parks at Disney World.

Good job shooting that freehand.

I'm glad to hear you liked the cruise.

It's coming up on three long years since we last sailed DCL.  I agree with you about the level of service.  The feeling I get on a DCL ship is how I used to feel at WDW- that everyone working there was committed to making a visit magical for the guests.  Somehow, that feeling has been lost a little at WDW, but it's alive and well on DCL.

TCD

That is exactly how we felt. It was the Disney we grew to love, but hadn't seen in a while. We had decided to stay away from the parks and Disney in general, but our son had been begging to take a cruise. I guess all his school friends had been on a cruise before and he wanted to see what he was missing. So for a combined end of school for him/ graduation for our daughter(on her way to Ole Miss), we took a cruise. We had heard such great things about the Disney cruise line so we figured we would give it a whirl. I think we may be hooked for now.

I can say that Tinkerbell was with us on the beach at Castaway Cay. Our son had his room key in a lanyard around his next while swimming at the beach. He looks up at us white as a ghost, holding his lanyard, now empty. We start heading toward the shore to make the trip back to the ship to get him another room card when Shardi reaches down in the water and picks up his room card. That was some pixie dust for sure.

Unfortunately there is no way we can make the season opener in Orlando. We would love to. This may be the most important game of the entire season for both teams.

I'm sure our son would love to be stranded at Castaway Cay. I think we all would for a couple of weeks anyway. 

3 hours ago, Specularius said:

That is exactly how we felt. It was the Disney we grew to love, but hadn't seen in a while. We had decided to stay away from the parks and Disney in general, but our son had been begging to take a cruise. I guess all his school friends had been on a cruise before and he wanted to see what he was missing. So for a combined end of school for him/ graduation for our daughter(on her way to Ole Miss), we took a cruise. We had heard such great things about the Disney cruise line so we figured we would give it a whirl. I think we may be hooked for now.

I can say that Tinkerbell was with us on the beach at Castaway Cay. Our son had his room key in a lanyard around his next while swimming at the beach. He looks up at us white as a ghost, holding his lanyard, now empty. We start heading toward the shore to make the trip back to the ship to get him another room card when Shardi reaches down in the water and picks up his room card. That was some pixie dust for sure.

Pixie dust for sure!