2 year old boy grabbed and taken by gator at Grand Floridian

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As much as it hurts, and brings up very bad memories, this story is stacking up to be very true. The father has wounds from wrestling with the gator to try and rescue his son. This family needs lots o

I am the first to point the finger at the Disney corporation when it does something wrong, but I don't think it's fair to point the finger here. Look at what Disney did when the thought there was

Too many people blame the parents.  It was a horrific accident and I grieve for them.  But, I don;t blame them.  I grew up in Florida.  I understand alligators are everywhere but never thought about i

Posted Images

There have always been gators on the property.. Hell it's Florida, we have gators everywhere.. But.. I have only seen small ones on property. Disney has always been good about relocating them. This has to be a bigger gator to drag off a 2 year old. Very very sad, no words can convey how bad I feel for those parents.

34 minutes ago, Specularius said:

This is very sad news. I may be wrong, but my gut thinks fraudulent claim. Whether true or not, that family needs prayers. 

23 minutes ago, Specularius said:

The only news report out does not state any witnesses. This was during the beachside movie. There should have been lots of witnesses.

Agreed x2 Jody, and I really really hope you're right and that this is some kind of a sick hoax.

WESH's story has this excerpt

"Witnesses as well as Florida Fish & Wildlife officials reported that the alligator was about 7 feet long."

http://www.wesh.com/news/so-child-dragged-into-water-by-alligator-near-disneys-grand-floridian-resort-spa/40058064?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

Oh...don't bother reading the comments for the sake of your sanity...jeez

My husband just woke me up with this news. Oh my stars my heart hurts so bad for the family and especially for the father who tried his best to save his son. We all trust Disney keeps track of the gators on property but I am sure this is an extremely difficult job. 

This is horrible and tragic news.  My heart goes out to the family during this difficult time.  May they find the alligator at least for the family's sake for closure.

Now not to take away from this horrible news, but didn't Disney advertise water skiing, wakeboarding and tubing excursions on the Seven Seas Lagoon and even rent jet skis at some of the properties?  If so with this news and of course with the potential for the brain eating amoeba risk I would hope they would reconsider any water activities on the lake.  

I too grew up in Florida and the risk of gators is very real around any freshwater lake or river.  Even at the campground on some of the creeks the risk is real.  Everyone please be careful.  

36 minutes ago, weekender said:

This is horrible and tragic news.  My heart goes out to the family during this difficult time.  May they find the alligator at least for the family's sake for closure.

Now not to take away from this horrible news, but didn't Disney advertise water skiing, wakeboarding and tubing excursions on the Seven Seas Lagoon and even rent jet skis at some of the properties?  If so with this news and of course with the potential for the brain eating amoeba risk I would hope they would reconsider any water activities on the lake.  

I too grew up in Florida and the risk of gators is very real around any freshwater lake or river.  Even at the campground on some of the creeks the risk is real.  Everyone please be careful.  

Yes, they do offer water skiing and such.  I would hope that this would change that however... not sure if gator attacks are common in the middle of a lake.  But,  I could be wrong there.

I know that when we were at The Fort last fall, we were talking with a local whose buddy is a gator catcher (is that the term??)... they had been hunting (at night) for a few months a couple of large gators that had evaded them.

My heart is broken for this family.  I simply cannot imagine; I don't want to.  Please bring peace Lord Jesus. 

While they do offer water sports, it is only in daytime. Gators feed mostly at night. Someone splashing in shallow water is an invitation for a gator to come and get it. Never go in Florida lakes after it starts to get dark and be careful around edges of lakes.