Changes being made due to the alligator attack

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks to Kenny the Pirate for posting this.  Here are the changes that are going into effect right now as far as transportation and such.  Updates will become available when we get them. http://

They will have a major issue for the 4th of July fireworks if you can't view them from Clementines Beach. There are no other places at the Fort with a clear view. The docks aren't large enough to hold

This is a typical (not just for Disney) knee jerk reaction that is not thought out. PR flunkies are trying to do damage control.  Clear the beaches 1 hour before sunset, what a load of ....

Just thought of something else - the Poly beach (or what's left of it) is also usually jam packed for July 4th fireworks (both nights).  I wonder how they're going to handle that?

I hope we know soon. We have adr for the 3rd at Kona. If we can't watch the fireworks from the beach, we can cancel.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I also see all this as being a bit of a knee jerk reaction.

Closing the beaches at the Fort would do little to nothing unless they also close every loop with water behind it! I do hope that this is just a rumor or temporary precaution till they have all the signs and fences in place. I enjoy just sitting on the beach and watching the boat come and go. Away from the lights of the dock.

I can understand the stopping of the jokes on the jungle and the removing of the gators from the EWP (although that make me very sad) for the time being.

I don't understand at all the not talking about the crocodiles on the safari. This makes no sense what so ever to me. Maybe not joke about them but a very good chance to educate people on crocodiles and possibly at the same time compare them to alligators so that people learn.

I do wonder if they will resume the water skiing?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't see how they will allow people on the dock. The dock will still be in use for boats traveling around the lake while the fireworks are going off and during the EWP. Allowing people to watch the fireworks from there will just bollocks up the whole process. 

I agree with the knee jerk reactions opinions. Walking from the 1200/1300 loop to the movie and back will put people closer to water with the potential to have alligators than a good portion of the beach. Since it appears they are going to have security of some type why not have them enforce a safe distance as opposed to shutting the whole place down?  

what about the stupidly insane rich people who feed the gators from their bora bora stilt hotel rooms. I know they were not the cause, but if your keeping people off the beaches, they should shut down those over priced, view ruiner shacks on the water

Ahh...sigh... :(   Just a tough situation...sad and tough all around.

It will be too bad if they don't allow people on the beach at The Fort...and I too don't understand not talking about the crocs on the safari.  Also, as much as I can get tired of the EWP... my kids love it and we will miss the gator, but I completely get it.

Just sad...

You can still watch the Fire works from  the beach we did tonight. The funny thing is more people watched by the water then before they all went to lean on the new fence. Go figure. But there was no EWP or it was at new time and we missed it.

11 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

You can still watch the Fire works from  the beach we did tonight. The funny thing is more people watched by the water then before they all went to lean on the new fence. Go figure. But there was no EWP or it was at new time and we missed it.

Thanks for the update!

EWP we saw it tonight, all is normal just no gator.  This morning there were signs on the beach saying it was closed. That was about 8:30 a.m.  but the sign was gone later in the afternoon when we went by again. Not sure what time the sign was removed.

On 6/26/2016 at 0:18 AM, LONE-STAR said:

On 6/27/2016 at 0:02 AM, LONE-STAR said:

EWP was back tonight we didn't see it lit up but we drove up as it was leaving.  There are gator and snake signs all over the Fort there is one right behind our site.

11 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

EWP we saw it tonight, all is normal just no gator.  This morning there were signs on the beach saying it was closed. That was about 8:30 a.m.  but the sign was gone later in the afternoon when we went by again. Not sure what time the sign was removed.

Thanks for the updates!!

13 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Behind your site?

You must not be on the 1200 loop then.  Or are you?

TCD

No not 1200 this trip. But we do miss it.

Regarding watching fireworks from the beach, does anyone know about the beach back behind  300, 200 loops - you know the area close to where the canal comes out?  It's where TCD takes his morning coffee!!!  Have they closed that?

19 minutes ago, lightbikes said:

Regarding watching fireworks from the beach, does anyone know about the beach back behind  300, 200 loops - you know the area close to where the canal comes out?  It's where TCD takes his morning coffee!!!  Have they closed that?

Unless someone reports back before I go, I will be personally finding out the answer to this question over the upcoming holiday weekend.

I sure hope that area isn't closed off to guests.

TCD

56 minutes ago, lightbikes said:

We walked it on Father's Day.  We arrived the previous Wednesday and it was closed, as was the beach.  They were still looking for the little boy.  By Sunday, the path was open and we walked from the Settlement Trading post up to the bat house area and then to the 300 loop.  All of the cones were removed that were previously blocking access.  We were in the 200 loop.

3 hours ago, djsamuel said:

...By Sunday, the path was open and we walked from the Settlement Trading post up to the bat house area and then to the 300 loop.  All of the cones were removed that were previously blocking access. 

Good to know, thanks.

And TCD - enjoy your weekend!!!  :)

UPDATE: Crocodile Jokes Return to Jungle Cruise, Living with the Land Removes Crocs

The Jungle Cruise at the Magic Kingdom is once again welcoming its skippers to make jokes about the crocodiles that appear in the attraction, albeit these are jokes that do not involve the creatures and children. Meanwhile, the floating crocodiles in the Living with the Land attraction at Epcot have been removed. Talk about mixed signals…

4003673011_550dc13d98

While guests will no longer hear jokes about crocodiles watching children, skippers on the world famous Jungle Cruise are now once again mentioning Old Smiley and his girlfriend Ginger (who snaps). This is the first time the creatures have been acknowledged since an alligator attack rocked Walt Disney World last month.

Meanwhile, at the Living with the Land boat ride at Epcot, the crocodiles were quietly removed a few days ago. There’s no word on why exactly they were removed, but the creatures could very easily be re-installed whenever. Ironically, the crocodiles in Living with the Land are cast from the same mold as those on the Jungle Cruise.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/07/update-crocodile-jokes-return-to-jungle-cruise-living-with-the-land-removes-crocs/