On 8/4/2016 at 8:50 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Great find, Mo

Thanks for saving me a trip to Homosassa- I was going to go and check on these myself.

I agree that the price they're asking (with the restrictions) is bonkers.  These things are nearly 20 years old!

It's interesting that they only have 16 of the cabins- there were 44 on the loop.  Where are the rest of them?

TCD

Ok so this is an interesting development.  I ran across a site someone slapped up in a hurry, claiming to selling the cabins.  For giggles I filled out their email form and apparently ended up on their mailing list.  This just came...

2a2f4b0d-e901-4249-8ef2-9863747ca053.jpg

Fort Wilderness Cabins For Sale!

Now is your chance to own a piece of Disney. These cabins are built in 1995. They come exactly as you see them for 18K with FREE Delivery in the USA! Furniture is not included, but can be for an additional cost. 

We are closing on 144 Cabins in Mid-August. We have very few left. You can hold a cabin with a $500 fully refundable deposit. If you are interested CLICK HERE!

Fill out the form and save your Fort Wilderness Cabin Today!

color-link-48.png

Copyright © 2016 Fort Wilderness Cabins, All rights reserved.
Fort Wilderness Cabins Website

Our mailing address is:
Fort Wilderness Cabins
4630 South Kirkman Road #206
orlando, Florida (FL) 32811

Even assuming that 144 is a typo and is supposed to be 44 (which is the total number of cabins on that loop as TCD noted), how can be closing on them when the place in Homosassa already has 16?

FWIW the domain name for their web page (it's just a single page) was registered in March.

Something smells fishy to me...

2 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Ok so this is an interesting development.  I ran across a site someone slapped up in a hurry, claiming to selling the cabins.  For giggles I filled out their email form and apparently ended up on their mailing list.  This just came...

Even assuming that 144 is a typo and is supposed to be 44 (which is the total number of cabins on that loop as TCD noted), how can be closing on them when the place in Homosassa already has 16?

FWIW the domain name for their web page (it's just a single page) was registered in March.

Something smells fishy to me...

Really fishy!

They will deliver anywhere in the US for FREE?

And they're operating out of a UPS Store?

Jeez.

TCD

7 hours ago, Travisma said:

Seems like more trouble than it's worth to remove the furniture and try to sell it separately, if they really have the cabins.

Plus weren't there photos showing all the stuff from inside the cabins sitting outside of them before they actually moved them out?  I can't imagine any one person has a line of getting their hands on a full set of furnishing after the fact.  But there's so much "off" about all this I expect it might be a load of hooey.

Anybody got some time to kill that wants to follow up and see how far down the road they're willing to go with this before they push for $$$... preferably small bills left in a paper back out behind the Publix?  B)

12 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Plus weren't there photos showing all the stuff from inside the cabins sitting outside of them before they actually moved them out?  I can't imagine any one person has a line of getting their hands on a full set of furnishing after the fact.  But there's so much "off" about all this I expect it might be a load of hooey.

Anybody got some time to kill that wants to follow up and see how far down the road they're willing to go with this before they push for $$$... preferably small bills left in a paper back out behind the Publix?  B)

There have been a few posts on eBay offering random pieces of furniture (the kid's chairs) and decorations from the cabins. 

I'd like to know what is really going on with the person who claims to have 144 cabins for sale, but there's no way I'm going to provide any of my personal information to that person.  What a Mickey Mouse (pun intended) way to try to sell the cabins.

TCD

31 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

The other thing with those cabins, NO A/C. That was a separate mobile home unit sitting outside and ducted in. So that will be an additional cost.

That's a very good point.

I think all of the duct work was under the units, and was trashed. So, the new owners will be looking at the cost of a complete new HVAC system.  There will also need to be some extensive plumbing work done.  The supply lines and drain lines were all ripped off when the units were moved.  Setting one of these up is going to be an expensive proposition- it's not as simple as just connecting to a water supply like with a trailer.

TCD

15 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

That's a very good point.

I think all of the duct work was under the units, and was trashed. So, the new owners will be looking at the cost of a complete new HVAC system.  There will also need to be some extensive plumbing work done.  The supply lines and drain lines were all ripped off when the units were moved.  Setting one of these up is going to be an expensive proposition- it's not as simple as just connecting to a water supply like with a trailer.

TCD

But it's a "rustic cabin", who wants amenities like electric and water? :P

On 8/9/2016 at 9:15 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

I'd like to know what is really going on with the person who claims to have 144 cabins for sale, but there's no way I'm going to provide any of my personal information to that person. 

If I had some free time, I'd play a bit to see what I could find out - at least up until the point I'm giving them anything more than my name and email address.

Darn day job keeps getting in the way of my fun...